Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Naval Legends: Pearl Harbor Trailer

7 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,494 posts
14,963 battles

Watch the trailer for the next episode of Naval Legends!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,818 posts
12,868 battles

In my youth, I was angered by the the attack on Pearl Harbor.  Now, older and wiser, I lament for the loss of life and the visible & invisible wounds that resulted from a globe-spanning war.
Still ticked-off at bureaucrats and politicians, though, whose efforts produced the situation and other similar situations.

• Cool 1

[F4E-2]
Members
152 posts
11,590 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

In my youth, I was angered by the the attack on Pearl Harbor.  Now, older and wiser, I lament for the loss of life and the visible & invisible wounds that resulted from a globe-spanning war.
Still ticked-off at bureaucrats and politicians, though, whose efforts produced the situation and other similar situations.

Thing is we're looking back with 20/20 hindsight. Those bureaucrats and politicians were doing what they thought best, based on what they knew. True We (America) put Japan into a place where they believed they had no choice, but go to war. OTOH look at pre-war Imperialist Japan and what they were doing, did We have much choice yourselves, but to embargo Japan.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,719 posts
12,520 battles

good old pearl

Members
1 post
756 battles

The disaster at Pearl cant be blamed all on politicians and bureaucrats. King and the army airforce comander are just at fault they where ill prepaired for an attack that was expected. They had planes lined up just begging to be bombed they didnt spread out the aircraft and the order to stow ammunition in locked bunkers and storage compartments was a big mistake. Also key radar info was dismissed off hand as a flight of b 17s. The war would have gone on much longer if we hadnt embargoed Japan and they would have attacked US soon or later because of our holdings in the pacific Midway Pearl Habor and others where a threat to Japans plans for the pacific.

[PPNA2]
[PPNA2]
Members
70 posts
19,215 battles

Thank you for presenting my question in Episode, I was stationed at Pearl SIMA (Shore Intermediate Maintenance Activity) , which turned into NAVIMFAC & PHNSY 95-98 at Gas Turbine and Diesel Engine shops. I visited several historical sites there in Hawaii, noting Arizona and had Submarine Emergency Diesel Training on Ford Island where i got to see the damage done to building during the attack on Pearl. One of my defining moments was day i was leaving Pearl and got to see the Mighty Mo being towed in to be set up as part museum.  ie: Begining and End of WW2.  

[UTWE]
Members
394 posts
7,475 battles

If y'all are gonna start doing these episodes about events now I'd love to see one about Cape Matapan or Mers-El-Kebir. 

Sign in to follow this