You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Martin31415

The sequential containers in the armory were a very good deal for me.

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
575 posts
6,377 battles

I bought all 11 sequential containers for 2750 doubloons.

Obviously, I got the 250 doubloons and the 5k coal (which was my goal).

I also won the Tirpitz black and the special mission for 2500 Doubloons. Since I have the regular Tirpitz I can easily get the 2500 doubloons and so the containers were free.

I cannot recall what the other stuff was but it was the usual haul of premium time and flags/camo.

For around $10, if you have some of the regular ships already I would highly recommend this deal.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles

I had to spend $13 for the 11 containers and my luck was not yours, of course - and always.

• 88 Lurker
  • 1 day Premium
  • 2 Type 59
  • 5 Scylla
  • 5 Dragon
  • 5000 Coal

Was it worth it? Not without a ship. I think I got $13 worth of goods but it wasn't what I was "rolling the dice" for.

Better than last year though, where I spent around $43 for a set of premium containers and got just Scharnhorst-B (plus other stuff). The value was there but still a letdown. I will never learn...

[PSA]
Members
5,114 posts
3,732 battles

I got mostly junk also, aside from 70k free xp and 5k coal. Still, all we get for a meager 2750 doubloons is still pretty sweet. It's honestly a good deal. Ain't touching anything else though. My crate RNG is historically garbage.

[HINON]
Members
13,974 posts

I ended up with Sims B and Kaga B and one had some doubloons so I came out 1500 doubloons ahead plus the other stuff in the crates. I had doubloons sitting around so figured it was a reasonable bet and this time it was.

[SIM]
Members
5,741 posts
9,263 battles

Good pull OP. I got nothing of significance in my sequential Black Friday boxes, but considering that I got a Graf Zeppelin B in my free Twitch Black Friday Crate, I'm not too bothered by it.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
322 posts
8,376 battles

After reading this post, I thought since I have some doubloons I would try the chain event.  Generally I strongly dislike WG move to more RNG offerings and do not buy them. The sequence is 11 purchases of 250 DB each for a total 2750 DB, which using the Any Amount DB calculator is $11.  In this case I was not really fishing for anything, just seeing if RNG would give $11 worth of stuff. Here are the results:

1-2x 2018 BF Containers: 6K FXP and 24hours P-time
2-20x Lurker camo
3-2x 2019 BF Containers: 6K FXP and 6K FXP
4-2x gift Containers: 5 scylla and 5 dragon signals
5-2x 2020 BF Containers: 2xType59 camo and 4x Lurker camo
6-1.5 mil credits
7-1x 2018 Premium BF Container: 20x Lurker camo
8-5000 coal
9-1x 2019 Premium BF Container: Scharnhorst B, 10 Pt commander, and special mission
10-7days P-time
11-1x 2020 Premium BF Container: 35k FXP

Also, opening 11 containers you get 110 oil. Which, might not be considered significant, but should be counted in the benefits. Oil is always good if you are in a Clan.

So I have to agree with the OP, this $11 purchase was - for me- worth it.  

I hope RNG treats you well if you buy. 

• Thanks 1

Members
859 posts

Other than the Shadow Lurker, credits, coal, and premium time:

• 64 Shadow Lurker camos
  • 4 Type 59 camos
  • 2 days premium time
  • 10 Dragon signals
  • 6000 free XP

Would I have liked getting a ship? Of course. I went into it with the expectation that I wouldn't get one, because I mostly get signals/camo from these containers anway.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,553 posts
4,771 battles

I spent $5 (Dubs I already had).  I don't think I could have done worse. 

1. 2x 2018 BF Containers: 6K FXP and 4x Lurker camo
  2. 20x Lurker camo
  3. 2x 2019 BF Containers: 2x Type 59 camo and 4x Lurker camo
  4. 2x Gift Containers: 10 Scylla
  5. 2x 2020 BF Containers: 12K FXP

That was my wad for the event.  As tempting as Alaska B is, I just don't have the $$.

[GOCRY]
Members
685 posts

I think the sequential crates are pretty good.  I did get a Sims B, and already have Sims, so after I finish the mission, it will have cost me $5 for:

- Sims B

47K Free XP

1.5 million credits

5000 coal

8 days of premium time

24 Shadowlurker camos

4 Type 59 camos

10 Dragon flags

I also bought the Cossack B and Massachusetts B, to take advantage of the 30% discounts on those.  All in all, I'm pretty happy with this event.  I did not buy any of the $5 black friday crates they are selling in the Premium Shop.  They are not good value for the money in my opinion.

Oh, in game, all the Upgrades are on sale for half price, and the doubloon to credit exchange rate has been buffed to 1 to 2000, instead of the normal 1 to 1500 ratio.  So I was able to completely outfit my new ships too!

Edited by SeaGladius

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,553 posts
4,771 battles
12 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

Oh, in game, all the modules are on sale for half price,

Upgrades are on sale for half price (a good deal).  As premiums, Black ships don't have modules to research/buy. 

Last upgrade sale I spent a shipload of Credits on spare upgrades.  If you're not Credit-poor, it's a wise investment.

Also, de-mounts are on sale for 5 Dubs.  This weekend is a great time to try new ship builds!

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

And after reading this thread, I decided to pick a few bundles and realized it was a scam. You get trash containers labeled as black friday, not the good ones. God, I feel stupid. Last time I pick one of these lootboxes.

[INTEL]
Members
3,411 posts
18,851 battles
41 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

2. 20x Lurker camo

That was my wad for the event.  As tempting as Alaska B is, I just don't have the $$.

Unfortunately the Premium containers are buried past the first 5 purchases.  It's really hard to not spend another $5 to get them if you have the dubs (as intended).

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,553 posts
4,771 battles
10 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Unfortunately the Premium containers are buried past the first 5 purchases.  It's really hard to not spend another $5 to get them if you have the dubs (as intended).

They're calling to me.  The cost per BF crate is actually >$1 when you add in the intermediate purchases.  Like, I need 1.5M Cr like a fish needs a bicycle...

I have to say, though, that this is a BF deal even the poor and meek can participate in.  Well, designed, WG.

[SLDR]
Members
308 posts
12,066 battles

From the 9 Black Friday containers in the 11 bundles, I got:

2 days Premium, 12k FXP, 48 lurker camors, and 1 Tirpitz.

I didn't have the ship, and it came with the 2500 dub mission, so really I got everything for 250 dubs.

For me it was a great deal.  YMMV.

Beta Testers
304 posts
1,548 battles
5 minutes ago, slider37 said:

From the 9 Black Friday containers in the 11 bundles, I got:

2 days Premium, 12k FXP, 48 lurker camors, and 1 Tirpitz.

I didn't have the ship, and it came with the 2500 dub mission, so really I got everything for 250 dubs.

For me it was a great deal.  YMMV.

Isnt' the 2500 dub mission for the regular Tirpitz, not the black version?  Getting a ship is still pretty good.

• Sad 1

[SLDR]
Members
308 posts
12,066 battles
1 minute ago, Wernstrom said:

Isnt' the 2500 dub mission for the regular Tirpitz, not the black version?  Getting a ship is still pretty good.

I just realized you are right.  I got the black ship from the container, but the special 2500-dub mission has to be done with the regular version of the ship, which I don't have.

Therefore, I don't have the 2500 dubs in the back.

You read more carefully than I do.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
416 posts
20,129 battles
4 hours ago, Geococcyx said:

After reading this post, I thought since I have some doubloons I would try the chain event.  Generally I strongly dislike WG move to more RNG offerings and do not buy them. The sequence is 11 purchases of 250 DB each for a total 2750 DB, which using the Any Amount DB calculator is $11.  In this case I was not really fishing for anything, just seeing if RNG would give $11 worth of stuff. Here are the results:

1-2x 2018 BF Containers: 6K FXP and 24hours P-time
2-20x Lurker camo
3-2x 2019 BF Containers: 6K FXP and 6K FXP
4-2x gift Containers: 5 scylla and 5 dragon signals
5-2x 2020 BF Containers: 2xType59 camo and 4x Lurker camo
6-1.5 mil credits
7-1x 2018 Premium BF Container: 20x Lurker camo
8-5000 coal
9-1x 2019 Premium BF Container: Scharnhorst B, 10 Pt commander, and special mission
10-7days P-time
11-1x 2020 Premium BF Container: 35k FXP

Also, opening 11 containers you get 110 oil. Which, might not be considered significant, but should be counted in the benefits. Oil is always good if you are in a Clan.

So I have to agree with the OP, this $11 purchase was - for me- worth it.  

I hope RNG treats you well if you buy. 

I noticed that my initial bundle listing looks the same as yours.  Super rare I take part in these, looked through each one first.  I also had leftover doubloons.

Saw that the 10th bundle was 7 days PREM,  and I mean that is already 1250dubs ingame.   So I'd spend 2500dubs to get there.

[X-M-S]
Members
154 posts
3,356 battles

I tend to hoard my dubloons, but I decided to go ahead and give this a try.  Ended getting less than I had hoped for, but roughly what I expected:

2 Type 59 Camo
5 Ouroboros Signals
5 Leviathan Signals
64 Shadow Lurker 
1,500,000 credits
9 days Prem Time
5,000 Coal
47,000 FXP

[GOCRY]
Members
685 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Upgrades are on sale for half price (a good deal).  As premiums, Black ships don't have modules to research/buy. 

Last upgrade sale I spent a shipload of Credits on spare upgrades.  If you're not Credit-poor, it's a wise investment.

Thanks for the clarification!  I’ve corrected my post.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,553 posts
4,771 battles
1 minute ago, SeaGladius said:

Thanks for the clarification!  I’ve corrected my post.

You're not alone.  WG isn't very rigorous with their terminology, either.  I made a feeble attempt at signals vs. flags then just gave up.  ;-)

[SBS]
Members
6,225 posts

I bought doubloons with the 15% off coupon from the verizon loot.  An Atago B, 5k coal, 7 days of premium time, some dragon flags and a bunch of camos for 9 bucks and change, not bad.  

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,553 posts
4,771 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

2. 20x Lurker camo

This black-skinned Santa in his red Santa coat came down the chimbley and made it possible to get the rest of the containers.  My luck holds strong.

• 2018 BF Prem - 20 Shadow Lurker
  • 2019 BF Prem - 35,000 FXP (not bad)
  • 2020 BF Prem - 20 Shadow Lurker

Overall, <bleh>

[-BUI-]
Members
2,540 posts
6,776 battles

My containers were pretty bad, 2 weeks of Premium and 35,000 FXP or so was my biggest haul, I did get a Kaga B though, so it was all free for me, which takes any sting away.    Shame it had to be Kaga though, ANY of the other ships would be been better, not a Kaga fan.