Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Arctander2

Step 1, announce pulling JBs from Armory. Step 2, sell JBs...

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts

It's WG's game.  If you don't like their business practices, stop playing their game. 

I'm not defending them, just pointing out how it really is.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 4

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
49 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

Step 3, all JBs all day.

Which, from a business standpoint, means their sale is a success.

Isn't that your goal if you are trying to run and maintain a business?

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
909 posts
14,079 battles

Just have one thing to say about that, my Asashio is going to get a real workout this weekend if that is the case. :cap_rambo:

• Funny 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,394 posts
10,744 battles

Considering that Jean Bart was always available for cash, and not just in the Armory, selling another version of her for cash (and actually at a discount relative to the original version) isn’t that big of a deal.

The original Jean Bart was available for nearly a year and a half, and WG's stated reason for removing her was that she had become too prevalent in MM queues. The fact that there is a Black Friday version of the ship seven months later suggests that this was indeed the actual reason she was pulled, rather than being pulled for over-performing. WG choosing to release a Black Friday version of a very popular premium ship (at a discount) for a single weekend that is otherwise not available is simply good business.

Give it a bit of time and the number of Jean Bart Blacks in queue will drop dramatically. Everyone who was disappointed they missed out on the original is simply eager to try out their new toy. I expect we will see a similar occurrence next year with lots of Alaska Blacks and Massachusetts Blacks. This is assuming of course that next year’s event fits the pattern we’ve seen in 2019 and 2020 and those ships are still available next year.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
19 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Which, from a business standpoint, means their sale is a success.

Isn't that your goal if you are trying to run and maintain a business?

True, but wasn't that also the reason for pulling them in the first place?

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

True, but wasn't that also the reason for pulling them in the first place?

Perhaps, but this is only a temporary sale.  It's not like they are pulling an about face and are putting it back on sale permanently.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Perhaps, but this is only a temporary sale.  It's not like they are pulling an about face and are putting it back on sale permanently.

Again, true. But also again, seeing the queue full of JBs was also a temporary condition.

[-PVE-]
Members
299 posts
13,610 battles

If read it correct the Black Massachusetts appears to be a very good deal for anyone who does not have it, price is very good with mission to earn extra doubloons and the fact that its going away soon. JB not such a great deal.

Edit- just learned that you need the original Massachusetts for the mission so deal is less than I thought, still better then JB in my opinion.   

Edited by Mykawa

Members
629 posts
12,592 battles
28 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

If read it correct the Black Massachusetts appears to be a very good deal for anyone who does not have it, price is very good with mission to earn extra doubloons and the fact that its going away soon. JB not such a great deal.

The mission is only useful if you already own vanilla mass. Not a good deal unless you randomly get her from container, then dubs are compensation of a sort.

Members
62 posts
254 battles

Routinely loaded up a random battle today in my vanilla coal earned JB and and was surprised by the number of JB Blacks in the wild.

WowsJBBefore.thumb.jpg.898799e2bb72cf30aa25238e16f962a8.jpg

"Oh my, that's a lot of JB blacks", I thought. Wonder how the battle would go.

wowsJBAfter.thumb.jpg.4c7df4232638aa81c4efb760ab4aa394.jpg

Guess a seasoned JB driver still counts for something :)

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[FORM]
Members
297 posts
2,028 battles
3 hours ago, Kesh_Lives said:

It's WG's game.  If you don't like their business practices, stop playing their game.  I'm not defending them, just pointing out how it really is.

All I was doing was pointing out how it really is, why did you assume otherwise?

2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Which, from a business standpoint, means their sale is a success. Isn't that your goal if you are trying to run and maintain a business?

Yup. And the bump influx will pass. I just thought it was funny to see 8 JBs in one match (as noted by all the comments in the screenshot as well.) Some of you forum commandos knee jerk react thinking everything is a criticism, but nothing in my post is at all critical about WG for their sale or decision.

• Cool 2

[PSA]
Members
5,114 posts
3,732 battles

So Wargaming is giving players one last chance to purchase a no longer available ship *at a discount*, and people complain? Que se? There's a lot to be mad at Wargaming about. This is not one of them.

[FORM]
Members
297 posts
2,028 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 1:39 PM, KaptainKaybe said:

So Wargaming is giving players one last chance to purchase a no longer available ship *at a discount*, and people complain? Que se? There's a lot to be mad at Wargaming about. This is not one of them.

Why do so many of you jump to the conclusion that I'm complaining. Absolutely NOTHING in my post is complaining about it, and if you read the text in the screenshot, not a single person (myself included,) in the match was complaining about it.

A lot of people complain about negativity on these forums, perhaps because so many mistaken assume everything is negative it helps create that atmosphere? There's nothing quite like when people complain about all the complaints... I think Monty Python did a skit about that ;)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this