You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Sang

Jean Bart B Mission count?

60 comments in this topic

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles

I guess B ships don't count but when you win the Jean Bart B you get this mission? :cap_happy:

JeanBartBDontCount.png

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles

I just don't understand this. These are the same ships right? Just different camo? Cant do Tirpitz mission with Tirpitz B either??

IDKWhy.png

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles
11 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

<sigh>

May I suggest:

THE ANT & THE AARDVARK

I could cheer you up.

I get it. Just thought they are the same ship just different camo. 

[-BGU-]
Members
5 posts
5,044 battles

Black Fake, Cause at the ship page, before u buy there is no warning about the true "special mission", its really sad, i´m disappointed as a consumer, a warning at the end of the main page, after a lot of bla bla bla, in Brazil its considered misleading advertising. For me its enouth to loose trust. First and last.

image.thumb.png.20c5a57c4ac25c0040f3e21d5eab09bb.png

image.thumb.png.f051fc8a12f51b51c0dc13b98877d82c.png

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
13,206 posts
27,708 battles
4 hours ago, _Sang said:

I just don't understand this. These are the same ships right? Just different camo? Cant do Tirpitz mission with Tirpitz B either??

IDKWhy.png

No they actually are not the same ship. The B versions are considered a separate ship and have their own stats. ONLY the standard ones can do the missions. Has been like this for all of the BF events.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,667 posts
27,819 battles

They are identical mechanically, but they are different for these missions.  Think of them as clones, separate but identical.

[TORP]
Members
2 posts
1,556 battles

I think it's very disingenuous to hype up the special combat mission on these purchases when they really don't qualify for what you are purchasing.  I wasn't really considering purchasing the Jean Bart B since the discount was only 15% but I decided to because of the those doubloons.   You have to actually click into the nitty-gritty details to discover what actually will happen. 

Maybe a lot of others purchase the original premium and the B version also but I will just own one.

Edited by _Exchequer

[KOBK]
Members
388 posts
4,928 battles

WG want to surpass the PR fiasco, and is coming pretty close to it with this.

Whats the point of using the original for the mission? Only scam, because if you want the new ship you buy the containers. And they put the mission to temptate more people but surprise! you cant complete unless you paid for the original! for older players this isnt an issue, but this is a brutal scam to new players...

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,440 posts
13,111 battles
11 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

WG want to surpass the PR fiasco, and is coming pretty close to it with this.

Whats the point of using the original for the mission? Only scam, because if you want the new ship you buy the containers. And they put the mission to temptate more people but surprise! you cant complete unless you paid for the original! for older players this isnt an issue, but this is a brutal scam to new players...

They're pretty up front about the special mission

Black_ship_Mission.thumb.jpg.c1d013caaab328aaf4741fcb208638d7.jpg

[KOBK]
Members
388 posts
4,928 battles
1 minute ago, SgtBeltfed said:

They're pretty up front about the special mission

Black_ship_Mission.thumb.jpg.c1d013caaab328aaf4741fcb208638d7.jpg

But whats the reason to put a mission in a random create, that you have to buy to get some ship without paying directly for the ship, were you CANT atleast get 100% the mission, to have to buy ANOTHER ship in order to complete it? For me, that doesnt make sense. Its only made like that so people say "oh they are the same ship but with a camo on it, so it should be able to do it with them".

[WOLFG]
Members
11,606 posts
10,741 battles
10 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

But whats the reason to put a mission in a random create, that you have to buy to get some ship without paying directly for the ship, were you CANT atleast get 100% the mission, to have to buy ANOTHER ship in order to complete it? For me, that doesnt make sense. Its only made like that so people say "oh they are the same ship but with a camo on it, so it should be able to do it with them".

1.  To entice people to buy the regular versions (Yes, I know JB isn't available, but the rest are).

2.  To reward people who have already acquired the regular version.

Most likely in that order.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,440 posts
13,111 battles
3 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

For the same reason that it was put in there in the first place, as compensation for someone that already has the regular version of the ship. Because they are treated as separate ships, it's not like the crate is going to reroll should it give you a duplicate of the normal ship. It's not actually that bad having the duplicates either, you can run different setup on each as well.

You're complaining that you got a $30+ ship out of a container, and you're not getting the compensation that WG put in there for people getting doubles.

It's also similar to giving 5 or 10 bucks off should someone want buy a black ship when they have the duplicate (or the regular version should that have just gotten the black version) because that's what the doubloons are worth.

[KOBK]
Members
388 posts
4,928 battles
40 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

1.  To entice people to buy the regular versions (Yes, I know JB isn't available, but the rest are).

2.  To reward people who have already acquired the regular version.

Most likely in that order.

Yeah i know this but i mean, isnt this supposed to be accesible to player who havent those ships? except collectors, there's no real reason to buy the same ship again and the amount of money you have to put in order to get them from the random far exceed the dobloons from the mission

34 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

For the same reason that it was put in there in the first place, as compensation for someone that already has the regular version of the ship. Because they are treated as separate ships, it's not like the crate is going to reroll should it give you a duplicate of the normal ship. It's not actually that bad having the duplicates either, you can run different setup on each as well.

You're complaining that you got a $30+ ship out of a container, and you're not getting the compensation that WG put in there for people getting doubles.

It's also similar to giving 5 or 10 bucks off should someone want buy a black ship when they have the duplicate (or the regular version should that have just gotten the black version) because that's what the doubloons are worth.

Im not complaining for getting the ship, im complaining because i get a mission wich come in a bundle (i cant pick the ship, nor the mission neither the possiblitity to get it)and i cant complete it with the bundle. Also JB is out of sale right now, how do you complete the mission if you didnt buy it before?

For me, it was a bad idea making the B versions unusable for the missions but if for both of you is fine, ok its your opinion. I just disagree with that, and to me it sounds like a scam.

[TOG]
Members
4,227 posts
25,477 battles

Pay $65.99 for JB Black

Get a mission that gets you doubloons..but only if you have the original. It's posted in the fine print.

A case of awful but lawful.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,606 posts
10,741 battles
35 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Yeah i know this but i mean, isnt this supposed to be accesible to player who havent those ships? except collectors, there's no real reason to buy the same ship again and the amount of money you have to put in order to get them from the random far exceed the dobloons from the mission

Im not complaining for getting the ship, im complaining because i get a mission wich come in a bundle (i cant pick the ship, nor the mission neither the possiblitity to get it)and i cant complete it with the bundle. Also JB is out of sale right now, how do you complete the mission if you didnt buy it before?

For me, it was a bad idea making the B versions unusable for the missions but if for both of you is fine, ok its your opinion. I just disagree with that, and to me it sounds like a scam.

I think you underestimate the number of collectors there are.  WG is aware of "artificial scarcity" and uses it.

I don't see it as a scam so much as just using peoples wants to their advantage.  I see it so often in so many places that I am desensitized to it.

I also don't have a black ship.  Not an event that interests me.

[INTEL]
Members
10 posts
6,073 battles

I just fell for this same blatant fraud. I put a ticket in for a refund. WG has to understand they are doing business in the US which has laws to protect consumers. This is not Belarus. If they don't issue a refund I'm calling my credit card company to report fraud.

• Cool 1

Members
6 posts
9,544 battles

This is like a bait and switch in regards to the missions for JB.  Qualify for missions on a ship you can't even get?  The JB-B is a-ok, but this sale advertising is terrible!

Edited by CptBlackwheel

[WOLF5]
Members
84 posts
2,891 battles
15 hours ago, MachoGrande56 said:

I just fell for this same blatant fraud. I put a ticket in for a refund. WG has to understand they are doing business in the US which has laws to protect consumers. This is not Belarus. If they don't issue a refund I'm calling my credit card company to report fraud.

This is the 3rd consecutive year they have done this so clearly, no laws have been violated.  Otherwise, they would have changed the Black Friday event for NA.

Members
5 posts
6,868 battles

deleted comment - forgot that WG actively tries to find ways to deceive their customers and skates right on the edge of legality when it comes to advertising... 

Edited by McBuns_Splitter
reason for edit...wargaming cares not for their customers so what's the point.

[DEMI]
Members
7 posts
1,861 battles

This is frustrating.  If I had know this little bait and switch trick beforehand I would NOT have made the purchase.  How do I get my money back? 

Edited by JOE_TX
Manners

[DEMI]
Members
7 posts
1,861 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 1:24 PM, HamptonRoads said:

They are identical mechanically, but they are different for these missions.  Think of them as clones, separate but identical.

You do realize how silly that sounds right?  They are 2 different ships due to the two different camo's....All I see it as is another way to rip someone off down the road.  You give it another camo and now you can't do certain missions with it but you can with the other camo/ship.  Want to do the mission? Well then spend the same amount you purchased for this ship but all you will get in return is another identical ship with a different camo.  Talk about screwing players over. 

[CO-OP]
Members
2,667 posts
27,819 battles
5 hours ago, WTF_GuNNy said:

Fraudulent advertising to say the least.  Ethics in business must still be in the work in progress stage at Wargaming.  Scamming your clientele is not a great business model.

Not showing the entire post is disingenuous, especially since you cropped the dicslaimer stating that you need the standard version.