You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SmithWinston_655321

Black Friday Combat Mission 5 wins not being credited

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
71 posts
20,688 battles

Bought Cossack

Won 2 for 2

Received no combat mission credit

Why not?

I see the event appears to already have begun.  I need the 2500 doubloons to buy the Azzholio B today!

Is there a glitch or am I missing some detail of these always confusing WG rules?

[CO-OP]
Members
2,683 posts
27,873 battles

I

6 minutes ago, Draxis said:

playing it in Cossack B still no credit

If you received the Cossack-B, you will get a mission to win 5 games in the original Cossack (not the B version.)

It is incentive for the owners of the original ships to get the Black versions.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Is that the entire mission or "missions"?

Let's talk the "regular" black ships which give a mission and some doubloons if you complete the mission. 

I figure you get a discount to purchase a ship you already own (in this scenario). You get a black camo instead of the regular perma-camo of the ship you already own. Okay. You play the mission and get 2500 doubloons back. Your net cost then is this for, say Graf Zeppelin: 

1. Purchase price of black ship in doubloons discounted (14,000Db 30% discount) cost 9750Db (actually is a smidge more than 30% by 50Db). 
2. Now you play the mission(s), successfully complete them/it.
3. You are awarded 2,500Db to your account. 
4. Your net cost for the GZ is now 9,750Db less 2,500Db which equals 7,250Db.

The final costs is essentially an approximate 50.01% discount on the GZ and she rides a black camo. Doesn't sound like a good deal to me as that black camo costs me 2,250 more than if they'd just sell it outright to me, then I'd have only one GZ.

Or did I miss something along the way here? 

Side note - the Scharn would be the best deal here as your initial cost is 6,850Db yet you still get the 2,500Db back for completing the mission(s). 

At an initial cost of nearly 3,000DB more, would you not have thought the doubloon reward ought to have been scaled based on the purchase price? 

tiafyc

[STRK]
Members
4 posts
4,336 battles

On 11/27/2020 at 7:40 AM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Because the mission can only be done in the non B version of the ship as it has been for the last two years?

That doesn't mean a large part of the clientele purchasing this was here for it the last 2 years or was in anyway aware of it.  It is terrible bait and switch marketing and trying to excuse the root of the problem because "it has been this way before" is patently stupid.  

Wargaming Scam.jpg

• Cool 1

[K-POP]
Members
4,798 posts
13,231 battles
20 minutes ago, WTF_GuNNy said:

That doesn't mean a large part of the clientele purchasing this was here for it the last 2 years or was in anyway aware of it.  It is terrible bait and switch marketing and trying to excuse the root of the problem because "it has been this way before" is patently stupid.  

Wargaming Scam.jpg

So I guess you’d also say it’s “patently stupid” to expect you to read the description of what you’re buying?

”Bundle includes: Jean Bart B”

”Jean Bart B is a standalone premium ship”

”Owners of this bundle will also receive a special combat mission for Jean Bart”

As far as the game is concerned, Jean Bart and Jean Bart B are two different ships. Performance and economy wise they may be identical copies, but they’re still copies. If the listing says it includes a mission for [SHIP], that means it’s only doable in [SHIP], not [SHIP B]. The missions are there to provide compensation to players who already have the normal version and have a B clone drop from a crate (otherwise those players would be much less likely to buy crates), or to entice them to buy the B ship directly. It may get some people who buy the B ship to also later buy the non B ship to complete the mission, but that’s not the target player. 

I’d be one of the first to say that WG has done some shady and questionable thing in the past, but this isn’t one of them. If you’re not going to read the listing for whatever you’re buying, that’s entirely on you. 

• Meh 1

[ECHO1]
[ECHO1]
Members
3 posts
1,602 battles

I am realizing this myself in regards to my Atlanta B. You shouldn't have to go and hunt for to see if you are going to get screwed by deceptive marketing. Shame on WOW, WG & those players that support this type of behavior.

[LOMC]
Members
3 posts
1,890 battles

It fooled me.  I didn't parse the words down to the "letter" and now have learned an important lesson.  I just assumed WoW would want the cash and then would give you "game money" back as an incentive (2500 Doubloons).  This is really shady of them to put that misleading language in a "Black Friday BUNDLE".  It's too bad when a company goes to those lengths.  Come on, have some business ethics WoW!