You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nizari

JB black friday sale

10 comments in this topic

[RG-1]
[RG-1]
Members
17 posts
3,487 battles

So if I buy the JB black for USD, then black Friday containers and it drops again it says I can get the combat mission for the doubloons, but will this combat mission also have the coal?

Edited by Nizari

[ARGSY]
Members
22,898 posts
16,963 battles

This cannot be stressed enough: You need to have the original, non-Black ship to do the mission.

• Cool 1

[TSF]
Members
352 posts
13,902 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This cannot be stressed enough: You need to have the original, non-Black ship to do the mission.

You are entirely correct. Both in the factual statement, and in your observation that this needs to be said over and over so potential buyers understand it. 

Edited by Litigo_1970

[ARGSY]
Members
22,898 posts
16,963 battles
11 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

If you already have a black ship from the Black Friday 2020, Black Friday 2019, or Black Friday 2018 containers, and if that particular ship drops for you again—you'll receive 2,500 doubloons; a Port slot; Commander with 10 skill points; and the combat mission with a doubloon reward for the standard version of that ship.

Containers in the Armory cost 1250 dubs. If you drop a duplicate, you can buy two more containers with the compensation and you get a port slot and a captain on the side.

WG is trying to avoid the practice by which people use these events as backdoor doubloon farms and WG bleeds money. I think that's entirely in order.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
Members
7,358 posts
14,120 battles
42 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Containers in the Armory cost 1250 dubs. If you drop a duplicate, you can buy two more containers with the compensation and you get a port slot and a captain on the side.

WG is trying to avoid the practice by which people use these events as backdoor doubloon farms and WG bleeds money. I think that's entirely in order.

Are you crazy?

They don't bleed money.  In fact, the exact opposite is true.
If people see a way they interpret as 'cheating' to get more for less...   They will overspend to get that.

I look back at how many users bought one of those 'doubloon farm' fleets to cash in on supposed cleverness...  just to crank those doubloons over to buy a Missouri.  So they actually spent $75 for a T9 ship.

Appealing to fair play is boring..   Want to make REAL money?  Make people buy stuff thinking they are stealing from you and you will be very, very, rich.

• Cool 3

[RG-1]
[RG-1]
Members
17 posts
3,487 battles

Just wanted the coal. Dont care about JB or anything else, just the coal reward for the JB mission. Another missed opportunity to get coal.

[REVY]
Members
8,240 posts
6,118 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 3:53 AM, Nizari said:

So if I buy the JB black for USD, then black Friday containers and it drops again it says I can get the combat mission for the doubloons, but will this combat mission also have the coal?

If you don't have the Original Jean Bart, that mission is useless to you.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,503 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 3:53 AM, Nizari said:

No you need the JB black and the JB.

The mission is to give JB owners a reason to get JB black.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
5 minutes ago, paradat said:

No you need the JB black and the JB.

The mission is to give JB owners a reason to get JB black.

gip63636363hy.gif.694fae993b13efe3f556e89a75c70012.gif.7adf2ac2af8b48169ea6ce02507ccab6.gif

But no matter how many times it's pointed out, people will still come here and ***** about how WG "ripped them off", and about how unfair it all is that the mission doesn't count the Black version of the ship.