Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Heavy_Sausage

Black Friday campaign glitch?

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

34
[TIRP]
Members
42 posts
7,083 battles

I bought the Jean Bart Black. It came with a campaign to win 5 battles for 2500 doubloons and 25k coal. 

The mission lists the normal JB, not the JB B version of the ship and is not giving credit for the missions I won in the JB B...

Edited by Heavy_Sausage
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
867 posts
6,243 battles
4 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

I bought the Jean Bart Black. It came with a campaign to win 5 battles for 2500 doubloons and 25k coal. 

The mission lists the normal JB, not the JB B version of the ship and is not giving credit for the missions I won in the JB B...

Yup. Happens every year. WG needs to make it way more apparent that you need to have the regular ships to do the missions. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[-VT-]
Members
1,131 posts
28,338 battles

That's normal, you sometime get mission linked to a XXXX B version of a ship in those the normal ship wont give you anything either

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
867 posts
6,243 battles
Just now, Heavy_Sausage said:

So it's a wasted mission then? Not a real reward.

Not wasted if you have the other ship. 

It's basically incentive for people who have the original ship to get this one too. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[TIRP]
Members
42 posts
7,083 battles

Yeah I dont the original JB and it is no longer available. 

I am working to get the Thunderer now. Was really hoping to get the 25k coal for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
914
[REVY]
Members
2,609 posts
14,251 battles
24 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

I bought the Jean Bart Black. It came with a campaign to win 5 battles for 2500 doubloons and 25k coal. 

The mission lists the normal JB, not the JB B version of the ship and is not giving credit for the missions I won in the JB B...

 

19 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Yup. Happens every year. WG needs to make it way more apparent that you need to have the regular ships to do the missions. 

Unlike last year though, OP actually stated in his original post he read the Mission required the normal JB. So based on that, he knew what was required to complete the mission.

Last year people lost their minds about this (and its highly likely they will do so again) because they didn't read what the mission required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[-VT-]
Members
1,131 posts
28,338 battles
18 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

Yeah I dont the original JB and it is no longer available. 

I am working to get the Thunderer now. Was really hoping to get the 25k coal for it. 

Good luck with getting the coal, Thunderer is a good ship, but be careful not to get too close early in the game with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[WOLFD]
Members
847 posts
6,852 battles
1 hour ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

I bought the Jean Bart Black. It came with a campaign to win 5 battles for 2500 doubloons and 25k coal. 

The mission lists the normal JB, not the JB B version of the ship and is not giving credit for the missions I won in the JB B...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/black-friday-2020/

All the way at the bottom..

Read the news article.  Read the mission.  It is very clear the mission requires the JB not the JB black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[WHS]
Members
243 posts
3,999 battles
11 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Last year people lost their minds about this (and its highly likely they will do so again) because they didn't read what the mission required.

A  very good example of WG logic: "Let's do the thing that we did last year again this year even though it got a bunch of people mad because why not?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,500
[REVY]
Members
8,261 posts
6,118 battles
11 hours ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

I bought the Jean Bart Black. It came with a campaign to win 5 battles for 2500 doubloons and 25k coal. 

The mission lists the normal JB, not the JB B version of the ship and is not giving credit for the missions I won in the JB B...

Why would that be a glitch?  Just play it on the normal Jean Bart and you'll get your bonus.

Jean Bart B.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[TIRP]
Members
42 posts
7,083 battles

Because I dont own the normal JB and did not realize that there was a difference between the boats. Hell, even WG says the only difference in the boats is the camo! This is a friggin rip off IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[WHS]
Members
243 posts
3,999 battles
3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Why would that be a glitch?  Just play it on the normal Jean Bart and you'll get your bonus.

 

Common sense would dictate that a mission that comes with a ship would pertain to that ship.

WG and common sense obviously don't exist on the same continent, and if you see nothing wrong with this, guess which continent you're on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[TIRP]
Members
42 posts
7,083 battles
1 minute ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

Common sense would dictate that a mission that comes with a ship would pertain to that ship.

WG and common sense obviously don't exist on the same continent, and if you see nothing wrong with this, guess which continent you're on?

You are correct Sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,500
[REVY]
Members
8,261 posts
6,118 battles
6 minutes ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

Common sense would dictate that a mission that comes with a ship would pertain to that ship.

WG and common sense obviously don't exist on the same continent, and if you see nothing wrong with this, guess which continent you're on?

I read the details of the purchase and understood it before I purchased it.  The Jean Bart is obviously not the Jean Bart B and they didn't say the mission was for the Jean Bart B upfront.  Common sense dictates that you should read the details of what you purchase, rather than making assumptions.  Common sense would dictate that they'd want to sweeten the deal for the owners of the original variant by giving them an incentive to buy.

Jean Bart B.jpg

Edited by Sventex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,935
[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,558 posts
5,892 battles

Honestly, it should be worded better.

 

Something like: BONUS: Combat mission for players who already own Jean Bart: 2,500 doubloons and 25,000 Coal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[FFG33]
Members
34 posts
1,963 battles

Ok One second here.

 

If you read what it says, they make it sound like if you buy the B, you get the mission for the goodies. Why on earth would someone buy the same ship again? For the mission and a second copy? It's misleading.

Read it once again ALONG WITH THE SHIPS,YOU'll GET A SPECIAL COMBAT MISSION.

It does not say IF YOU OWN THE ORIGINAL Bart, nothing. The only way you can tell is if you you see the original Bart in the mission details. So, someone in the marketing dept needs to be slapped.

 

World of Warships welcomes Black Friday! New black Premium ships have arrived in the game: flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Jean Bart B, flag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VIII Cossack B, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_4516ee494bb0396e51796cebff5e45c3VIII Kaga B, and flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVII Atlanta B. They can be purchased in the Premium Shop and Armory with a big discount, or obtained from Black Friday 2020 containers. Along with the ships, you'll get a special combat mission that will reward you with doubloons.

13 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I read the details of the purchase and understood it before I purchased it.  The Jean Bart is obviously not the Jean Bart B and they didn't say the mission was for the Jean Bart B upfront.  Common sense dictates that you should read the details of what you purchase, rather than making assumptions.  Common sense would dictate that they'd want to sweeten the deal for the owners of the original variant by giving them an incentive to buy.

Jean Bart B.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,500
[REVY]
Members
8,261 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, FirstDawnn said:

If you read what it says, they make it sound like if you buy the B, you get the mission for the goodies. Why on earth would someone buy the same ship again?

Because you can build your ship in 2 different ways.  It cost money converting say an Jean Bart from a secondaries build to a tank built.  If you mount and demount the equipment everyday, you'd have to spend about 200 doubloons each time.  The B line of ships let you own a second version of that ship to do with what you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,959 posts
14,386 battles
5 minutes ago, FirstDawnn said:

Ok One second here.

 

If you read what it says, they make it sound like if you buy the B, you get the mission for the goodies. Why on earth would someone buy the same ship again? For the mission and a second copy? It's misleading.

Read it once again ALONG WITH THE SHIPS,YOU'll GET A SPECIAL COMBAT MISSION.

It does not say IF YOU OWN THE ORIGINAL Bart, nothing. The only way you can tell is if you you see the original Bart in the mission details. So, someone in the marketing dept needs to be slapped.

 

World of Warships welcomes Black Friday! New black Premium ships have arrived in the game: flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Jean Bart B, flag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VIII Cossack B, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_4516ee494bb0396e51796cebff5e45c3VIII Kaga B, and flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVII Atlanta B. They can be purchased in the Premium Shop and Armory with a big discount, or obtained from Black Friday 2020 containers. Along with the ships, you'll get a special combat mission that will reward you with doubloons.

 

It says it at the bottom. Those yellow words in the first pic, are links to each section in the article. Or just scroll to the section. You dont even have to click on details. It literally is typed out for you in the news article. 

meh1.jpg

meh2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[WOLF3]
Members
25 posts
3,127 battles

so if you dont own the regular versions of these ships...you're just SOL? I get lucky enough to have a small amount of doubloons saved up...able to get 6 of the BF2020 chests and get Atlanta B and Cossack B...not lucky enough to have the "regular versions". Darn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[PHD]
Members
260 posts
8,245 battles
12 hours ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

So it's a wasted mission then? Not a real reward.

yes. it is a wasted mission that cannot be done by those of us that do not have the original Jean Bart nor are ever likely to get it as it is permanently gone to never return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[PHD]
Members
260 posts
8,245 battles
28 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

It says it at the bottom. Those yellow words in the first pic, are links to each section in the article. Or just scroll to the section. You dont even have to click on details. It literally is typed out for you in the news article. 

meh1.jpg

meh2.jpg

If the ship is available to be purchased. However, JB is not available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,959 posts
14,386 battles
5 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

If the ship is available to be purchased. However, JB is not available.

It's supposed to be compensation for those who already owned the non B versions. 

Im starting to think WG missed out on money. Seems enough people (at least on the forum) are willing to buy 2 mechanically identical ships. edit: (maybe it's by design. maybe we see all these ships on sale in January. And this entices players to buy the normal versions to finish the mission. and it spreads revenue across 2 fiscal quarters. takes off tin foil hat)

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[FFG33]
Members
34 posts
1,963 battles
1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

It says it at the bottom. Those yellow words in the first pic, are links to each section in the article. Or just scroll to the section. You dont even have to click on details. It literally is typed out for you in the news article. 

meh1.jpg

meh2.jpg

The point i am trying to make, is the way they did it seems shady. The main text is basic “buy the ship, get the mission”

not

 

”Buy the ship, must have regular version to do mission”

They have to have known people were not going to click more details or scroll down. It makes no sense to separate the details. Just be upfront in the main pitch.

Also, who the F that has a regular JB is going to buy this? Not many i suspect.

Sorry but this was poorly done, it seems shady to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by FirstDawnn
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×