You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

My 2020 Black Friday 25 Container Haul

47 comments in this topic

[TIRP]
Members
42 posts
7,077 battles

Nice, I mostly got the camo junk....2 camo here, 10 there.....what a waste.

Got the JB Black and the corresponding mission. Not gettign credit for wins because it is the "black" and not the regular JB....

Members
867 posts
6,232 battles
1 minute ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

Nice, I mostly got the camo junk....2 camo here, 10 there.....what a waste.

Got the JB Black and the corresponding mission. Not gettign credit for wins because it is the "black" and not the regular JB....

I guess I was lucky but I tend to be with containers for some reason. I have all the regular ships so I'm looking at a pretty big doubloon payout. Couple that with all of the free XP I got and the compensation for a duplicate Sims B and I got all of these black ships for free.....more or less. 

• Cool 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
612 posts
12,458 battles

No ships in the 11 bundle containers for either account.

And I think I'm passing on any more gambling crates this year.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

Members
867 posts
6,232 battles
18 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Saving my spending degeneracy for Santa crates. 

I'm going to largely pass on them this year. I have most every ship I want and every rare ship. Definitely not going to be like the wild west crate buying of previous holiday seasons. 

[FORM]
Members
297 posts
2,029 battles

Nice haul! I did the 11 containers in the armory. I got the Kaga B on the last crate, I'm not much of a CV player (only 5% of all my matches,) but maybe that'll change... either way, I did get a ship at least.

Beyond that I got:
7 days prem (automatic)
150k credits (automatic)
5k coal
6000 fxp
5 flags: Ouro
5 flags: Dragon
14 camo: 59s
28 camo: bk

• Cool 2

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles

Won this today!!! SWEEEEETTTT!! :cap_win: 

GG!BlackBart!!.png

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
256 posts
9,568 battles

Wow, I got crazy lucky.

Opened the 11 armory bundles and got Atlanta B, Tirp B, and Sims B.

Don't really care to have either Atlanta or Sims, but I already had Tirp, so the bonus mission will effectively pay for the entire set.

In essence, I got 3 ships, 47k FXP, 5k coal, creds, flags, camos, and a week of prem for 250 dubs.  Sometimes you roll well.

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1 post
3,475 battles

All nine of my containers were camos (the same type too, ALL BF camo)!  This is statistically impossible and leaves me feeling with a bad taste in my mouth.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1

[BS]
Members
1,990 posts
11,351 battles
16 minutes ago, America_at_work said:

All nine of my containers were camos (the same type too, ALL BF camo)!  This is statistically impossible and leaves me feeling with a bad taste in my mouth.

me too, pfhh. but whine and the statistic's nerds will say you were just the unlucky part of the bell curve. I'd really like to see this bell curve.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[FORM]
Members
2,112 posts
13,009 battles
2 hours ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

You need to have the original JB as well, you can only complete it if you have both ships. I learned that back in 2018 with the Asashio mission. I think WG is a bit misleading having the mission show up... no idea why someone would ever want both versions of the same ship. 

• Cool 1

[LEHR]
Members
37 posts
3,413 battles

Had the Scharn already when I got the Scharn B a couple Weeks Ago so I discovered that Catch Early, wasn't Hard, just had to actually Read the Mission was all....    BUT, if I get the Jean Bart B, regardless of How, you can't GET the Base Ship anymore that I've Seen anyways....    So, Basically, No Gold Missions with that one making the Only Reason to get it is that You Can't anymore EXCEPT in the Crates Next Black Friday and then ONLY in the Black Version....

I get that it's Fairly Unique, it's Also a Tier 9 that will get anyone New Jumping Ahead to it pretty well Killed in it Alot....       But that dies Kind of Defeat the Idea of the Gold Missions with it if ya Can't DO them anymore except to Keep from Losing the Gold in the First Place as Time goes On...     Same'll happen the the Mass B and Alaska B when that Finally get's Pulled next Year, the Missions will Cease to Be....

Will that Stop anyone, No, probably Not....    Even I looked at the Jean Bart to See what it Held aside from the French Speed, Lots of Guns and No Armor and I went Other Lines instead...    I'd get it Now Maybe, but I know more about Driving them and the Armor because Less the Issue anymore over what all the Guns CAN Do, nevermind the Modules and Such that it has that make it Unique from other Lines as well....     Never even Considered those, just my Longevity and I knew More about the Bigger Navies than the French....

So in the End, this IS the Only Version you can Get anymore and it's This Year, or Wait 'til Next Year...

Members
263 posts
23,479 battles

I started with the 250 doubloon specials before I realized that I hadn't been thinking about the end game and was simply losing big time after 5 boxes (just got camos and flags).  I then debated if I should just buy a ship with my other doubloons or gamble on the 12 pack.  I went with the 12 pack and got:

• 2500 doubloons
  • 35,000 Free XP
  • 100 Shadow Lurkers
  • 20 type 59s
  • Cossack B + 10pt Captain + mission (already have the Cossack)
  • Jean Bart B + 10pt Captain + mission (already have the Jean Bart)

With that boost of 2500 doubloons, I then had just enough to buy the one ship that I really wanted (the Atlanta B - don't ask...) but then I saw the 6 pack.  I put my doubloons on it instead and came away with:

• 14 days of Premium
  • 35,000 Free XP
  • 40 Shadow Lurkers
  • Kaga B + 10pt Captain + mission (already have the Kaga - which I suck in)

AND.....................

• Atlanta B + 10pt Captain + mission (WOOHOO!  Yes - I already have the Atlanta)

So now I am off to start farming my 10K doubloons from the missions.  It won't be enough to let me get the Alaska B but give me some in reserve for when the next ship coupon becomes available.  Of course, maybe the Christmas loot will take care of that for me :) 

NOTE:  This is not my usual luck.  Please do not take the above to mean that you are promised to win anything.  I just got extremely lucky today.

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,677 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

You need to have the original JB as well, you can only complete it if you have both ships. I learned that back in 2018 with the Asashio mission. I think WG is a bit misleading having the mission show up... no idea why someone would ever want both versions of the same ship. 

Well, at least for the T8 & T9 versions they are the 2 top earning Premium ship tiers and both of those tiers tend to give excellent rewards in flake events (many times better than T10).

[RBMK]
Members
2,186 posts
34,463 battles

5 containers:

Atlanta B, that's a big whatever

Kaga B , I wish they'd keep their CV crap to themselves. What am I going to do with another [edited] premium CV. Forced to play this POS for 5 co-op wins to get the 2500 dubs.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,677 battles

So I decided to grab a 25X bundle from the shop. $100 is a lot but the content is pretty good on it's own (not great but pretty good) and these crates have always been good to me on ship drops. So I took a chance. Won't lie I was 'hoping" the Jean Bart B would drop. Wasn't going to be mad if it didn't; just "hoping". My 25 netted me...

• 28 Days Premium Time
  • 40 Type 59 Camos
  • 120 Shadow Lurker Camos
  • 140,000 FXP
  • 5000 Doubloons
  • Atlanta B + 10pt Capt
  • Cossack B + 10pt Capt
  • Kaga B + 10pt Capt
  • Jean Bart B + 10pt Capt :cap_horn:
  • 4X 2500 Doubloon Missions = 10,000 Doubloons (I have the 4 regular ships so can do all of them)

Not a bad return on the $100 investment. Looks like my $100 netted me approx $273 in goods (ship selling prices and rest converted to Doubloon amounts/prices).

:cap_like:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 6

[USCC2]
Members
6,331 posts
5 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Here it is.  

HJqH412.jpg

11 Armory bundle results

Z1KCn0p.jpg

I hope you are happy with the haul - It certainly looks good! I hope you have great fun in your new ships. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles
55 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So I decided to grab a 25X bundle from the shop. $100 is a lot but the content is pretty good on it's own (not great but pretty good) and these crates have always been good to me on ship drops. So I took a chance. Won't lie I was 'hoping" the Jean Bart B would drop. Wasn't going to be mad if it didn't; just "hoping". My 25 netted me...

• 28 Days Premium Time
  • 40 Type 59 Camos
  • 120 Shadow Lurker Camos
  • 140,000 FXP
  • 5000 Doubloons
  • Atlanta B + 10pt Capt
  • Cossack B + 10pt Capt
  • Kaga B + 10pt Capt
  • Jean Bart B + 10pt Capt :cap_horn:
  • 4X 2500 Doubloon Missions = 10,000 Doubloons (I have the 4 regular ships so can do all of them)

Not a bad return on the $100 investment. Looks like my $100 netted me approx $273 in goods (ship selling prices and rest converted to Doubloon amounts/prices).

:cap_like:

I just wish the Black versions would count torwards the same name ship missions. Like that Jean Bart mission. Either B or regular ship should count to complete the mission. Nothing different except the color of the ship 🚢 

[SBS]
Members
6,225 posts
33 minutes ago, _Sang said:

I just wish the Black versions would count torwards the same name ship missions. Like that Jean Bart mission. Either B or regular ship should count to complete the mission. Nothing different except the color of the ship 🚢 

The idea of the bonus missions for doubloons is to encourage people to buy both versions of the ships.  It's not meant to be free doubloons for only buying the B version.

[PSA]
Members
5,114 posts
3,732 battles

I just did the 11 package deal at 250 dubs each. Got mostly junk and no ships, but still fairly worth it given you get 5k coal at the bare minimum.

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,677 battles
43 minutes ago, _Sang said:

8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

The idea of the bonus missions for doubloons is to encourage people to buy both versions of the ships.  It's not meant to be free doubloons for only buying the B version.

This ^^^