You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Black Friday: Discounts of up to 40%!

86 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,494 posts
14,963 battles

New black ships, containers, and special bundles with big discounts!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[EINER]
Beta Testers
87 posts

Why TF would I want "black" versions of ships that I already have? Ships that I didn't have to GAMBLE for in the first place? Pfhhhh, lotsa dry, leftover turkey is all I see here.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[CIAO]
Members
1 post
4,672 battles

There is no convert XP bonus on this Black Friday sale....It was all the times before I believe. Why on BLACK FRIDAY would you limit your potential income, and leave out something as minor as that.:Smile_facepalm:

ALSO with Black Friday (15%) and Clan discount (15%) the total is 30% off Tier X ship, this is NOT the case....

Example - Yamato is 20,600,000 million regular price

At 30% off total the total should be 14,420,000, yet in the game it is 17,510,000

THUS your Clan discount and the Black Friday discount will not stack

Edited by Red_Fox_Six
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
5,585 posts
6,897 battles

WG: "Jean Bart is to be removed due to excess popularity"

Also WG a few months later: " exciting Black Friday containers with a chance to drop Jean Bart Black! Armory bundle with Jean Bart Black".

Well milked, well milked indeed. But hey, as long as one can combo artificial scarcity with RNG lootboxes to hell with balance, ships being too popular etc.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,863 posts
16,756 battles

Oh WG I wish you hadn't bundled the BF commanders! I would've bought them had you made them all individual sales.:cap_old:

• Cool 2

[MR-1]
Members
1,695 posts
21,937 battles

bought the usual 6 black friday premium bundle  and all the 11  bundles . out of the armory with doubloons .. not 1 ship  . total rip off . i would of expected atleast 1 them  from all that 

upday bought 2 more premium containers and atlanta B and cossack B popped out  so because i already had the standard ones i did the missions  and used the doubloons to get 2 more containers and out popped kaga B and jean bart B 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[BUOY]
Members
19 posts
4,831 battles

An earlier Wargaming article said there would be a 15-50% discount on US ships with doubloons and credits, and an xp conversion discount.  What gives man?  What is it with WG mixing information up

Edited by Craigels
needed text changes

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,175 battles
14 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

New black ships, containers, and special bundles with big discounts!

Read it on the portal

:Smile_great:OK  Here's what's different This Year.  In Black Friday Events in years past you could by previous Black Friday Ships and yes you can this year too.......................................Except This Year  you can do it only as a package deal.  Now WG  is well within their rights to do this,However they've lost at Least One Sale  from me I had thought to buy one or two singleton  purchases a Massachusetts for a friend and a Turpitz B for myself since I just recently picked the original up and thought perhaps getting the mission,Neither ones gonna happen now:Smile_sad:Good job WG  Good job  you saved me some money I didn't need to spend:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_trollface:

Screenshot_2020-11-27 Wargaming net Premium Shop.png

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Members
84 posts
2,881 battles
13 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:OK  Here's what's different This Year.  In Black Friday Events in years past you could by previous Black Friday Ships and yes you can this year too.......................................Except This Year  you can do it only as a package deal.  Now WG  is well within their rights to do this,However they've lost at Least One Sale  from me I had thought to buy one or two singleton  purchases a Massachusetts for a friend and a Turpitz for myself since I just recently picked her up and thought perhaps getting the mission,Neither ones gonna happen now:Smile_sad:Good job WG  Good job  you saved me some money I didn't need to spend:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_trollface:

You can still buy previous Black Friday ships individually this year, look in the Armory.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Members
84 posts
2,881 battles
1 hour ago, Craigels said:

An earlier Wargaming article said there would be a 15-50% discount on US ships with doubloons and credits, and an xp conversion discount.  What gives man?  What is it with WG mixing information up

The article you are referring to (https://wargaming.com/en/news/wargaming-black-friday/) is from the 2018 Black Friday sale.  Notice how it mentions only the 2018 Black Friday ships (Massachusetts, Tirpitz, Atago, and Asashio)

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,175 battles
11 minutes ago, KamiYanTouma said:

You can still buy previous Black Friday ships individually this year, look in the Armory.

:Smile_great:Don't see a Black Friday version in the armory at all,Only wanted the Turpitz B for myself since I already have  Massachusetts A,B  was gonna get Massachusetts for my friend still it saves me some money:Smile_trollface:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[-BSS-]
Members
1 post
16,536 battles

I just bought the Jean Bart B, which I thought included a combat mission which gives you 2500 gold and 25000 coal for 5 victories IN THE JEAN BART B.  Lo an behold, the combat mission is for the Jean Bart only, and not for the Jean Bart B.  Since I do not have the Jean Bart, this combat mission is totally useless for me.  By the way, I would not have bought the Jean Bart B if I had know the combat mission did not apply to it.  Very misleading.  The description should be much clearer.  What a disappointment.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 3

[GIR]
Members
90 posts
11,867 battles

Shame that there was no doubloom  or premium time deals!  While I love the look of the Black painted ships, the fact they are not usable in special missions or campions makes them little more than pretty things to display in port...

Sadly jgerbsjr it has been that way since the first black painted ships were released... WG is good at hiding important details.

Edited by MalgusKerensky

[WOLF5]
Members
84 posts
2,881 battles
7 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:Don't see a Black Friday version in the armory at all,Only wanted the Turpitz B for myself since I already have  Massachusetts A,B  was gonna get Massachusetts for my friend still it saves me some money:Smile_trollface:

https://armory.worldofwarships.com/en/category/event_3

Scroll down past the individual 2020 Black Friday ships and you will find Massachusetts B and Tirpitz B as individual purchases.

blackfriday.png

Edited by KamiYanTouma
Attached image as visual aid

[BUOY]
Members
19 posts
4,831 battles
7 minutes ago, KamiYanTouma said:

The article you are referring to (https://wargaming.com/en/news/wargaming-black-friday/) is from the 2018 Black Friday sale.  Notice how it mentions only the 2018 Black Friday ships (Massachusetts, Tirpitz, Atago, and Asashio)

Damn.  It would have helped if there was a date on there.  I type "Black Friday 2020 WOWS" and this shows up.  I guess that's where the confusion came in.  Still disappointing to see past years gave lots of goodies and this year not so much.

[BUOY]
Members
19 posts
4,831 battles
9 minutes ago, jgerbsjr said:

I just bought the Jean Bart B, which I thought included a combat mission which gives you 2500 gold and 25000 coal for 5 victories IN THE JEAN BART B.  Lo an behold, the combat mission is for the Jean Bart only, and not for the Jean Bart B.  Since I do not have the Jean Bart, this combat mission is totally useless for me.  By the way, I would not have bought the Jean Bart B if I had know the combat mission did not apply to it.  Very misleading.  The description should be much clearer.  What a disappointment.

I see that now too :(  Dammit Wargaming.  Is this an accident?  Maybe they'll fix this??

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,175 battles
8 minutes ago, KamiYanTouma said:

https://armory.worldofwarships.com/en/category/event_3

Scroll down past the individual 2020 Black Friday ships and you will find Massachusetts B and Tirpitz B as individual purchases.

blackfriday.png

:Smile_great:Yes it showed up after I went into game and only afterwards did it show up in the browser Armory Version, Still that only gives the option of buying for myself,Buying anything other than the current Black Friday event other than or the current ships isn't an option for when buying for a friend,Buying previous Black Friday ships for a friend is not an option2080154498_Screenshot_2020-11-27WargamingnetPremiumShop(1).thumb.png.6f916050dd1d549e59ac9e4dfd084878.png

Edited by shadowsrmine

[T-D-M]
Members
68 posts
18,501 battles

Thank you for the Black Friday full bundle option, patience has allowed me with one sweep of the sickle to harvest a whole passel of ships. I have many missions to run now and will be able to post Black Commanders of the Fleet, Division and Squadron to their respective ships. :)

Members
1 post
2,339 battles

It's so great to have a combat mission for regular JB when its impossible to get that ship, why would you not make it for Jean Bart Black?

Edited by austinXmedic
  • Cool 3

[COSTA]
Members
219 posts
7,485 battles
36 minutes ago, austinXmedic said:

It's so great to have a combat mission for regular JB when its impossible to get that ship, why would you not make it for Jean Bart Black?

Because it’s meant as compensation for owners who already have the Jean Bart since the B ships are duplicates.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[AZUR1]
Members
191 posts
4,452 battles
1 hour ago, jgerbsjr said:

Considering all the sale events WG host, they will only sell over-priced ships. 

Then you will not be fooled by their misleading info.

Supertester
3,192 posts
5,671 battles

Does wargaming ever plan to sell the older ships individually? I'm down for a second tirpitz, im not down to gamble for it.

Same goes for lunar new year:Smile_sceptic: