You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ObnoxiousPotato

WG: You need to pay attention to this video

422 comments in this topic

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,585 posts
4,655 battles

I’d say they need to pay attention to this video and Flamuu’s. Both videos perfectly represent what everyone hates about CVs and the other things in WoWs. 

• Cool 15
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

Members
1,874 posts
27,483 battles

And if WG ignores the vid? What is your response? Continue to buy premium time, doubloons, loot boxes? As long as you pay for product, your cries and threats are toothless.

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
12,543 posts
19,756 battles

This is not fair... The last time WG pay attention to

• Flambass
  • Ichase
  • Notser
  • Nozoupforyou
  • Flamu

We're in this mess (with the state of the game is terrible) Because of those above ranting/complaining/advocating, and WG listening to them.. All these streamers were in Lesta studios for the summit years ago.. They left with their ideas being heard...

Now to say, WG dont listen to them... Its not the correct narrative...

I've said numerous times on numerous threads...

"Be careful what you ask/advocate for, you may not like the final product."

Unfortunately, with the "experimental policies" in place. Its going to take more then just videos of complaining streamers to reverse WG's course of action.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 17

Members
2,043 posts
12,581 battles
17 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

And if WG ignores the vid? What is your response? Continue to buy premium time, doubloons, loot boxes? As long as you pay for product, your cries and threats are toothless.

Last time I gave WG money was for the Cossack which came out just before the CV rework...

• Cool 2

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,812 posts
16 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

Last time I gave WG money was for the Cossack which came out just before the CV rework...

was that the $1 cossack event.

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,328 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 2:24 AM, Snargfargle said:

[Edited]

Jingles discusses a number of points about the lack of counterplay and a few points acknowledging where WG succeeded the rework. 

Why misconstrue his position as some sort of whining?   That's very disingenuous of someone who seems to put a lot of stock in the high road.

• Cool 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,812 posts
1 minute ago, Rouxi said:

Yes

Youre really into the sunk cost fallacy territory now. WG owns your soul for sure.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[NONE]
Members
3,765 posts

Jingles nails it when he talks about the evangelists being forsaken for "churn and burn" paradigm. Time will show the wiser.

• Cool 9

[NSEW]
Members
2,234 posts
11,821 battles
3 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

He's not wrong you know...

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,042 posts
17,042 battles

Does Jingles even play the game any more? 

I don't know how long it's been since I saw him feature his own gameplay and not somebody else's.  I'm inclined to take his word with something of a grain of salt for that reason.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 18

Members
747 posts
72 battles
3 hours ago, JSFWRX85 said:

I’d say they need to pay attention to this video and Flamuu’s. Both videos perfectly represent what everyone hates about CVs and the other things in WoWs. 

Just sad and pathetic when a Des Moines (a cruiser build to counter carriers in the game) need to get rescued by a Halland DD, because CVs are so [edited] OP. (Flamus video).

• Cool 13
  • Meh 1

[VFW]
Members
1,484 posts
31,080 battles

This video makes me sad.  Not for what you may think, but for the overall ignorance, misdirection, and emotional arguments presented.

I like Jingles due to his videos are interesting and entertaining, but when it comes to "how to play" he's not the way to go.

I'm sure most will watch and have conformation bias and be happy that Jingles called it.  Well, he is not a good CV player (or very good overall player), he presents a few truths mixed with many misdirection's and down right wrong information.  This is a disservice to the player base and himself.

I'm not hating on him, but I do feel sad for him and the direction he's going lately for WoWs.

vr,   

Edited by TexJapan
  • Cool 5
  • Meh 14

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,585 posts
4,655 battles
39 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Just sad and pathetic when a Des Moines (a cruiser build to counter carriers in the game) need to get rescued by a Halland DD, because CVs are so [edited] OP. (Flamus video).

the worst part is the Des Moines is probably the best AA cruiser ever built (not counting AA missiles) Her 3" AA guns should absolutely wreck aircraft. If any cruiser in the game should just smash Aircraft with ease, it should be the Des Moines. Instead a MVR can utterly use and abuse it. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,226 posts
3 hours ago, CommodoreKang said:

Why misconstrue his position as some sort of whining?

I'm not saying that Jingles is whining, I'm saying that way too many here are doing so. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,226 posts
3 minutes ago, JSFWRX85 said:

the worst part is the Des Moines is probably the best AA cruiser ever built (not counting AA missiles) Her 3" AA guns should absolutely wreck aircraft. If any cruiser in the game should just smash Aircraft with ease, it should be the Des Moines. Instead a MVR can utterly use and abuse it. 

I will have to admit that back in the RTS days the Des Moines was a no-fly zone. However, how many actually spec the ship out as an AA cruiser anymore?

• Boring 4

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,328 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm not saying that Jingles is whining, I'm saying that way too many here are doing so. 

"Wah! The mean CV touched my hiney! Put him in video gaming jail! Crap, people grow up!"

So you weren't dismissing Jingle's position you just decided to jump in here and berate the forum based on what other people are doing and unrelated to any of Jingles points?

I'm not sure that's any better.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is not fair... The last time WG pay attention to

• Flambass
  • Ichase
  • Notser
  • Nozoupforyou
  • Flamu

We're in this mess (with the state of the game is terrible) Because of those above ranting/complaining, and WG listening to them.. All these streamers were in Lesta studios for the summit years ago.. They left with their ideas being heard...

Now to say, WG dont listen to them... Its not the correct narrative...

I've said numerous times on numerous threads...

"Be careful what you ask for, you may not like the final product."

Unfortunately, with the "experimental policies" in place. Its going to take more then just videos of complaining streamers to reverse WG's course of action.

This is a joke right?   I remember that summit  VERY differently.  First of all the big controversy was the RB   which the entire community didn't want  and its very good that we did not get the RB.  Then WG  used the summit to justify their CV rework.  They promised an AA rework  which happened but ignored everything that actually was wanted and instead  gutted AA as a whole across the board. 

4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Wah! The mean CV touched my hiney! Put him in video gaming jail! Crap, people grow up! Either play this game as WG has made it or leave. I'm so sick of the constant whining.

zzzzzzzzzzzz  Maybe people are  "whining" because CVs are complete garbage. 

31 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I will have to admit that back in the RTS days the Des Moines was a no-fly zone. However, how many actually spec the ship out as an AA cruiser anymore?

You really do not pay attention do you. You  are actually trying to suggest that Des Moine has decent AA once specced so.    The truth is no one does spec AA  because AA speccing ships doesn't do anything. AA is a joke to start with and AA speccing has been nerfed into the ground.

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 9
  • Meh 3

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles
47 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

However, how many actually spec the ship out as an AA cruiser anymore?

No-one, because it's absolutely useless to do so.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,755 posts
2,988 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Does Jingles even play the game any more? 

I don't know how long it's been since I saw him feature his own gameplay and not somebody else's.  I'm inclined to take his word with something of a grain of salt for that reason.

Erm....pls don't take on the Mighty Goblin. He made me play this game. And he not playing the game..... it might have something to do something called fun? I mean....

Besides that, his analysis is spot on, in terms of...WeeGee's motivations and actions. And to be very clear, I'm not salty (or acidic, as per key battles) towards you.. I mean I could do times 10 times more (better?), but I value community.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,042 posts
17,042 battles
Just now, Bandi73 said:

Erm....pls don't take on the Mighty Goblin. He made me play this game.

He's responsible for me giving it a go as well. However, I've found myself significantly at odds with his opinion on many occasions AND I'm still enjoying the game, so... yeah.

Appeals to authority are always the weakest form of argument.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[SIM]
Members
5,750 posts
9,263 battles

Jingles is an entertainer, not an authority on game balance. Seems like a nice guy, but “I rarely know what I’m talking about when it comes to games” has been one of his (self-admitted) defining traits for years. 

As someone adroitly pointed out in another topic, if you really hate WoWs so much (the actual game, not the fantasy version in your head) then the only thing keeping you here is yourself. 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5