Sign in to follow this  
Snargfargle

Reeeeeee! CV!

13 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,172 posts

One of my better games in a CV. The other team's CV also appeared to have a good game, as evidenced by the damage he was doing to our ships. I thought we had lost this one. One of my team had even already said "gg." However, we pulled it out of the fire. So where did the massively dangerous CVs place in the team? About in the middle as they usually do. Neither of us got any alpha strike kills, all we did was to finish off ships that would have sank to a single salvo, or even shell, anyway.

Sure, there are CV unicums in the game that usually place near the top and get Krakens all the time. Have you ever seen one? I saw one, once. The odds of getting a normal CV player as an opponent are pretty good. The odds of getting a unicum are pretty slim.

image.thumb.png.21b7f20c0cffb8e2ad23b8d957872d8a.png  

20201126_195612_PASA110-Midway_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,053 posts
28,799 battles

Reeeee? I didn't know that there were Karen Captains in this game.  

I can hear it now.  A Karen gets sunk and then demands to speak to a manager!  REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!  :etc_swear:

Edited by Crucis

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
3,247 battles

I just sold my carrier for the last time, because they are about as useless as a sunroof on a scooter

[USCC2]
Members
6,336 posts
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

One of my better games in a CV. The other team's CV also appeared to have a good game, as evidenced by the damage he was doing to our ships. I thought we had lost this one. One of my team had even already said "gg." However, we pulled it out of the fire. So where did the massively dangerous CVs place in the team? About in the middle as they usually do. Neither of us got any alpha strike kills, all we did was to finish off ships that would have sank to a single salvo, or even shell, anyway.

Sure, there are CV unicums in the game that usually place near the top and get Krakens all the time. Have you ever seen one? I saw one, once. The odds of getting a normal CV player as an opponent are pretty good. The odds of getting a unicum are pretty slim.

image.thumb.png.21b7f20c0cffb8e2ad23b8d957872d8a.png  

20201126_195612_PASA110-Midway_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

But couldn't the same be said for other ship types and players?

Is this really a post that is saying 'look guys the CVs didn't come top'? Because if it is, I'm beginning to worry why it was thought this post was needed.  

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,172 posts
58 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

But couldn't the same be said for other ship types and players?

Is this really a post that is saying 'look guys the CVs didn't come top'? Because if it is, I'm beginning to worry why it was thought this post was needed.  

CVs rarely come in at the tops of their teams, yet nobody is constantly whining about the CAs, CLs, DDs, and BBs that do. To be so fixated on an aspect of a game that they don't like is nowhere near healthy. I'd sort of understand it if this was one of those gaming forums where the average age was about 12 but most of these people are purportedly adults. It's becoming wearisome to even come to these forums anymore because all one hears is "Reeeeeeeee! CV!."  

[USCC2]
Members
6,336 posts
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

CVs rarely come in at the tops of their teams, yet nobody is constantly whining about the CAs, CLs, DDs, and BBs that do. To be so fixated on an aspect of a game that they don't like is nowhere near healthy. I'd sort of understand it if this was one of those gaming forums where the average age was about 12 but most of these people are purportedly adults. It's becoming wearisome to even come to these forums anymore because all one hears is "Reeeeeeeee! CV!."  

I don't believe the whining has had anything to do with CVs coming top, but rather individuals discussing the impact/influence they have in game - and the influence a ship has on the game is not something that is solely leveled at CVs lol. There has been many a POV discussed regarding all ship types.

If anything you are contributing towards the wearisome situation(?)

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,172 posts
39 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I don't believe the whining has had anything to do with CVs coming top, but rather individuals discussing the impact/influence they have in game - and the influence a ship has on the game is not something that is solely leveled at CVs lol. There has been many a POV discussed regarding all ship types.

If anything you are contributing towards the wearisome situation(?)

CVs have always been in the game. One would think that if they had an undo influence on it then they would have been removed sometime in the past five years. Obviously, WG and a certain portion of the playerbase are at odds with what they want in the game. WG wants a more dynamic game with less hiding. Some of the playerbase want to be able to to stealth torpedo BBs without the risk of ever being seen or damaged if they are shot at. If CVs were removed then they would go back to whining about radar and detonations.

[USCC2]
Members
6,336 posts
42 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

CVs have always been in the game. One would think that if they had an undo influence on it then they would have been removed sometime in the past five years. Obviously, WG and a certain portion of the playerbase are at odds with what they want in the game. WG wants a more dynamic game with less hiding. Some of the playerbase want to be able to to stealth torpedo BBs without the risk of ever being seen or damaged if they are shot at. If CVs were removed then they would go back to whining about radar and detonations.

First thing first, I have nothing against CVs, I think they should be in the game, I believe they need tweaking, and I still think your post does nothing to further the cause - except to add to the wearisome situation (as you put it). I don't believe I have ever said one thing negative about CVs.......whoa, yes I have, once about 6 months back and it was in a statement to one of your posts where you were attacking players that were anti-CV and I got fed up and said 'if that is the attitude of the average CV player I guess I would be anti-CV too!'

So you have a bit of history here - take a look at my previous posts; I do not.

Now to answer your post:

I think both you and I know why they are not going to be removed and why they don't look to be tweaked soon either....money.

It was shown in a dev blog meeting that WG are looking to make CVs succeed above all else, when asked if that meant even over balance the dev went 'uuummm!' and then someone else (one of the better known WG reps) took over replying lol.

The dynamic comment doesn't wash either, as the ship type can be said to prevent DDs moving forward (I know, I know - of course they don't; anymore than DDs stop BBs moving forward! Communication and teamwork helps in both these areas - using your damn screen/support is another simple solution). Yet you use the  tiresome sorry 'wearisome' comment that DDs want to torp BBs without the risk of ever being seen. Again, this comment is as pathetic as those that cry over CVs breaking the game.

Hence my belief that you are just perpetuating the wearisome situation with your 'look I had a CV game and didn't come top' post. You may not like what I am saying, but if you understand I have no issue with CVs being in game, I think you will find everything I said rings true. I honestly mean no disrespect to you, I merely wish you would join in with the very thing you indicate you find wearisome. :Smile_honoring:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,172 posts
38 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Hence my belief that you are just perpetuating the wearisome situation with your 'look I had a CV game and didn't come top' post.

The average win rates for the Audacious, Hakuryū, and Midway are below 50%. The newer CVs are slightly higher but even with these nobody's dominating games because they play them. The Venezia, Stalingrad, Petropavlovsk, and Goliath all have way higher win rates than any of the CVs but there aren't a half-dozen threads a day complaining about them. What I was trying to show wasn't what I did, it's what most CV players do in matches. I usually fall somewhere in the middle and so does my opponent. It's very rare to see a CV dominate the game anymore.

[USCC2]
Members
6,336 posts
26 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The average win rates for the Audacious, Hakuryū, and Midway are below 50%. The newer CVs are slightly higher but even with these nobody's dominating games because they play them. The Venezia, Stalingrad, Petropavlovsk, and Goliath all have way higher win rates than any of the CVs but there aren't a half-dozen threads a day complaining about them. What I was trying to show wasn't what I did, it's what most CV players do in matches. I usually fall somewhere in the middle and so does my opponent. It's very rare to see a CV dominate the game anymore.

:Smile_facepalm: Again, you seem to be complaining to me about other people that complain about CVs. I have no issue with CVs being in the game; never have!

Do you not see your your approach to the other ships you mention in the post quoted and with your believed need to start this thread with a 'look I didn't come top in a CV'  - is no less wearisome than the complaints about  CVs?

I think you are so wrapped up/blinkered in your own viewpoint that it has turned you into the very thing you view as being negative and weary. This is what my post to you was about, not an anti-CV reply. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,172 posts
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

:Smile_facepalm: Again, you seem to be complaining to me about other people that complain about CVs. I have no issue with CVs being in the game; never have!

Do you not see your your approach to the other ships you mention in the post quoted and with your believed need to start this thread with a 'look I didn't come top in a CV'  - is no less wearisome than the complaints about  CVs?

I think you are so wrapped up/blinkered in your own viewpoint that it has turned you into the very thing you find as negative and weary. This is what my post to you was about, not an anti-CV reply. :Smile_honoring:

I'm not saying "look I didn't come in on top" I'm saying that very few CV players in general come in on top. Many here seem to think that if they meet a CV then it's instant death for them when the reality of the matter is far different.  

[USCC2]
Members
6,336 posts
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm not saying "look I didn't come in on top" I'm saying that very few CV players in general come in on top. Many here seem to think that if they meet a CV then it's instant death for them when the reality of the matter is far different.  

Ok, you're saying 'look I didn't come top...and many other CV players don't come top either!'  And guess what...the same thing can be said about every other ship type.

Let's look at the Smolensk, many do not like that ship either, but I bet the Smolensk doesn't come top in every game it's in either. But does that excuse the reason it is disliked, I would suggest not. I've heard the same about the DD and its 'cloaking device', but does the DD cause the most damage against ships - does it even have the best survival - no (it's influence value is attached to its survival into the later part of the game).

The fact is there are many complaints on the forums - and I am just saying you complaining about people complaining about CVs (your reason for this thread) just adds to the weariness that you purpose to loathe.

Sign in to follow this