You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Think We players need to petition WG to allow CV's in Verizon event.

29 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,433 posts
22,580 battles
Just now, Chain_shot said:

Its only a fair and would accurately portray game play as it stands.

I think it should be tier 4.

2 cv

1 bb

2 cl

2 dd

To really prove how the game is played for new players.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,042 posts
28,722 battles
20 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

WG would only have a say if the event was sponsored by WG.  But I'm thinking that the event is being sponsored and run by a 3rd party.

[O7]
Supertester
382 posts
13,133 battles

Should make it 12 v 12 all CVs. 

Bonus points if we bring back RTS CVs so you can have 12 v 12 Hakuryu matches with 192 squads in the air. 

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,974 posts
21,918 battles

Personally, real money rewards have ruined many games that attempt to be "professional sports...."  This game is not designed to be an eSports game......

I would rather see them cancel any event that rewards "real money" because those competitive players and the ships they play, become the "real meta" and everyone else is stuck with whatever they believe is important.....  This has happened in several games I've played with the most recent MWO........which, imploded and is now a ghost town of potential, wasted on dreams of game greatness.............. 

Forgot:  carriers are simply gimmicks to ruin the LOS game experience to sell more carriers.   They have no place in any competitive activity; because, they negate LOS surface warfare tactics and un-balance the entire mission if the Carrier driver is not as competent as his opponent.  A less competent ship CPT can get away with not being as good because he is not a strategic weapon: carriers are and entire matches hinge on that one player........

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles

They should also include all six branches of the military, not just the typical four. They pretty much snubbed the Coast Guard and Space Force. 

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

WG would only have a say if the event was sponsored by WG.  But I'm thinking that the event is being sponsored and run by a 3rd party.

hmmm... don't think so.

• Meh 1

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
12 hours ago, Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax said:

What I want to reply will get me forum banned. So instead, how about no.

It's not a real event without CV's. - 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,859 posts
24,410 battles
2 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Thats the problem. 

8 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

It's not a real event without CV's. - kinda like a stolen election.

It would also completely destroy the things that make the tourney games worth watching. 

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
4,428 battles
24 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

The world doesn't revolve around your election. 

Just like the game doesn't revolve around the wants of the minority of the player base that play CV.

Didums.

Edited by Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
14 minutes ago, Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax said:

The world doesn't revolve around your election. 

Just like the game doesn't revolve around the wants of the minority of the player base that play CB.

Didums.

Since everyone knows CV's are in game, then not putting them in the event is like face book and twitter censoring and blocking what was said. WG is censoring its own game. They are the Zuckerburg of free to play games.

Edited by Chain_shot

[K-POP]
Members
4,791 posts
13,136 battles
1 hour ago, Chain_shot said:

hmmm... don't think so.

And yet that's how it is. Verizon's the sponsor so they ultimately set the terms. I'm sure WG was at least partly involved with the decision making and organizing for this one unlike the big player run tournaments, but bottom line it's not WG's tournament. Just like KotS/Warship Masters or any other non-WG run tournament. WG's hosting the tournament and in this case they're the ones running the actual tournament, but they're not the one sponsoring it.

If you want to have a tournament with CVs, start one and you can set whatever terms you want. 

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

And yet that's how it is. Verizon's the sponsor so they ultimately set the terms. I'm sure WG was at least partly involved with the decision making and organizing for this one unlike the big player run tournaments, but bottom line it's not WG's tournament. Just like KotS/Warship Masters or any other non-WG run tournament. WG's hosting the tournament and in this case they're the ones running the actual tournament, but they're not the one sponsoring it.

If you want to have a tournament with CVs, start one and you can set whatever terms you want. 

So you are saying Verizon picked the ships.

38810fc4e22ffc487e12ee7d6c544565.gif

Your plausible deniability is stretched way too thin I think.

Edited by Chain_shot

[REVY]
Members
8,239 posts
6,118 battles
15 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Since everyone knows CV's are in game, then not putting them in the event is like face book and twitter censoring and blocking what was said. WG is censoring its own game. They are the Zuckerburg of free to play games.

Zeppelins are in the game too, we can't have an event without Zeppelins!

ZUZn4Xl.jpg

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,378 posts
1,833 battles

Could it some clans have learned to use CV for spotting prefer to have a CV and have made strategies or tactics involving them :fish_book:

[WOOKY]
Members
113 posts
19,918 battles

CVs in their present form are killing this game, but unfortunately WG is driven by sunk cost fallacy.

Luckily for KOTS and Verizon events, the tournaments organizers are wise enough to recognize it.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles

OH, but it IS a real event, because only REAL ships are allowed to participate; Verizon said leave the cancer at home.

It's not a real event WITH CVs, kinda like no one else counts except as targets.

41 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Get it through your head; regardless of what WG says when it wants to sell premium CVs, everybody else can see they are obviously OP and unbalanced in the game and screw over anyone playing any other type of ship. The ONLY reason they haven't been removed already is because WG likes your money more than they do fair play.

30 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

So you are saying Verizon picked the ships.

Are you saying they didn't? Because if you are then you are also saying WG is the one not allowing CVs to participate.

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
4,428 battles

You're just becoming boring now.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,307 posts
17,185 battles
5 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Believe it or not, the teams that will actually move on to internationals do not want CV's in it. So they don't really care what the teams that won't move on think.

[NSEW]
Members
454 posts
4,036 battles

I mean it makes sense to me

With a bunch of airplanes abound that means people have to set their cell phones to airplane mode, and if they're in airplane mode Verizon can't show off that lovely 5G coverage in the middle of the pacific

That was the point of the Verizon sponsorship right?