You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tokamak_Raven

Paying $$ for Oklahoma?

45 comments in this topic

[WHS]
Members
249 posts
4,010 battles

I have done all the missions and opened all the containers, but I'm 1 dupe short of the ship.

Am I supposed to shell out real $$ for the event? Should I?

Vuiex4h.jpg

[RVNHQ]
Members
373 posts
11,091 battles

Containers will be available in the Armory for coal at a later date

Edited by Beleaf_

[WOLFG]
Members
32,042 posts
9,926 battles

Heck no.

Do not spend money on this ship.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 2

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,335 posts
16,917 battles
1 minute ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

but I'm 1 dupe short of the ship

you have 15 duplicates

So you click on that blank one, buy it with duplicate, I remembered it cost 5 duplicates and WOW LAH

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,335 posts
16,917 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Heck no.

ninja's LOL

NO, don't buy $$ ... :cap_horn:

Members
3,967 posts
14,414 battles

I wouldnt spend real money on the OK. If you can get it for free sure, maybe in the future.

Im playing 100 games of it (currently at 21 games).

It's AP pen is terrible, absolutely terrible. 

If you look at the ships stats only ~35 players (w/ public stats) have even bothered playing it 20+ games. 

Members
399 posts
26 battles

The containers will be available for coal eventually, although this may take 6 months.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0910-american-battleships/#american-battleships-part-2

Elements of the collection can only be obtained from event-related containers. In Update 0.10.5, we're planning to add Always Courageous containers to the Armory. They will be available in exchange for Coal. Thus, you'll still be able to complete the collection and obtain Oklahoma if you haven't managed to do so in Update 0.9.10. The exact cost of the containers will be announced later.

[USCG]
Members
741 posts
22,602 battles

You have 15 duplicates. Click on the one you’re missing and buy it with your duplicates. I think it will cost you four...

[WHS]
Members
249 posts
4,010 battles
31 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

you have 15 duplicates

So you click on that blank one, buy it with duplicate, I remembered it cost 5 duplicates and WOW LAH

Just now, cgbosn4 said:

You have 15 duplicates. Click on the one you’re missing and buy it with your duplicates. I think it will cost you four...

It costs 4 dupes per blank, so I need 16 dupes, but only have 15.

Or did I do my math wrong?

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,022 battles
Just now, cgbosn4 said:

You will notice however that hes got 12 of 16 items, which leaves 4 left to obtain. 4x4 = 16.

[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,022 battles
1 minute ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

It costs 4 dupes per blank, so I need 16 dupes, but only have 15.

Or did I do my math wrong?

your math is right, im assuming he didnt see 12 of 16.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,453 posts
22,695 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Only spend the money if the extra loot in it is worth it to you. the coal i walked out with was nice.

So how many games have you played in her?

Do you like the free ship?

[USCG]
Members
741 posts
22,602 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

You will notice however that hes got 12 of 16 items, which leaves 4 left to obtain. 4x4 = 16.

Whoops... My bad. 
In that case, I think you’ll have to buy a container if/when they become available. 

However, I’m sure you’ll pick her up in a Santa crate if you roll the dice with those. 

Don’t think I’d spend a dollar for her myself. 

[NET]
Beta Testers
572 posts
6,188 battles

i bought one container to finish the collection, had enough duplicates, just needed one of any. i like the ship, with a full secondary build its pretty fun and its one only real downfall is its AP penn. other than that its a pretty solid tier 5 bb.

[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,022 battles
Just now, dEsTurbed1 said:

So how many games have you played in her?

Do you like the free ship? 

so far 2 games, i take her out when im playing with my brother, hes grinding a bunch of tier 5s.

The secondaries are useful, the armors good, a little strong against tier 5s, and im liking the guns despite the long reload due to the accuracy they have. Its a tier 5 Minnie, if you dislike the Kansas, Florida, or Minnie you wont like her. I happen to like the Florida, and the Minnie is okay.

Further, as i mentioned i wasnt buying the crates for the Oklahoma, that was an added bonus. My goal of reaching the Thunderer however was expedited and im loving her. Money well spent.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,453 posts
22,695 battles
2 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

so far 2 games, i take her out when im playing with my brother, hes grinding a bunch of tier 5s.

The secondaries are useful, the armors good, a little strong against tier 5s, and im liking the guns despite the long reload due to the accuracy they have. Its a tier 5 Minnie, if you dislike the Kansas, Florida, or Minnie you wont like her. I happen to like the Florida, and the Minnie is okay.

Further, as i mentioned i wasnt buying the crates for the Oklahoma, that was an added bonus. My goal of reaching the Thunderer however was expedited and im loving her. Money well spent.

Glad to hear.

Previous 3 free ships i bought for added bonuses,  like Anchorage giving RB points

[BUOY]
Members
1,197 posts
16,066 battles

All reviews of the Oklahoma say no, you shouldn't shell out money for the ship. When .10.5 rolls around in 6 months the grind crates will be back in the armory for probably 1k coal and you can snag the last piece then.

If you're looking to buy crates, I'd save it for Black Friday (available tomorrow) or Xmas (available in a week or two).

Beta Testers
575 posts
6,377 battles

I spent money on it because I collect all the USN Premium BBs. Most of the other USN Premiums as well.

I will not say the Oklahoma is bad because she is much worse than bad.

She is actually insulting. She is slow. Her turret traverse is slow. Her reload is slow. When you finally get loaded and on target the shells don't pen. 

I am almost to the point that I think they made it this bad on purpose. This cannot be a simple mistake. Not this bad. I am very intrigued in regard to what their actual motivation could be.

eh, she's in the collection. I paid very little.

• Thanks 1

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
1 hour ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

I have done all the missions and opened all the containers, but I'm 1 dupe short of the ship.

Am I supposed to shell out real $$ for the event? Should I?

Vuiex4h.jpg

I think you can still get more missions to get containers by watching the official streams. They will give out a code to unlock the missions. I got far more containers than I needed. The rest got converted to credits. Try it before wasting your money on that trash ship.....and it is trash.

[RLGN]
Members
15,516 posts
27,239 battles

Depends on how much you want Okie.

I live in Oklahoma, I had other reasons to want to get her.

I bought five containers when the ship was first released. Didn’t mind a bit.

If Oklahoma is ‘bad,’ it’s more because some players are spoiled rotten by so many of the newer battleships; especially the proposed/paper battleships; and don’t much care to learn to play a battleship that doesn’t let them ‘s’plode things’ as fast as possible.

• Cool 3

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Depends on how much you want Okie.

I live in Oklahoma, I had other reasons to want to get her.

I bought five containers when the ship was first released. Didn’t mind a bit.

If Oklahoma is ‘bad,’ it’s more because some players are spoiled rotten by so many of the newer battleships; especially the proposed/paper battleships; and don’t much care to learn to play a battleship that doesn’t let them ‘s’plode things’ as fast as possible.

Well....the Oklahoma doesn't let you explode anything at all...let alone as fast as possible.

It is by far the worst ship I've played. Worse than Kansas.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,569 posts
18,414 battles

The Oklahoma is a ship with a high skill ceiling. You have to plan carefully before moving to a flank because if that flank collapses you'll never be able to relocate. With the 40 second reload you also have to plan each shot carefully because it feels like it takes forever and a day to get your guns back in action again. Further, with the accuracy and penetration issues when your shells don't accomplish much it's a bit frustrating waiting for the reload to try again. 

With all of that being said I still sort of enjoy the ship. Her AA is not bad considering it's a tier 5 plus the secondaries are quite fun. Bottom tier isn't fun but when it is ever for a tier 5? Overall I like it for a reward ship but would never pay cash money for it. 

• Cool 2