Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Is this true no carriers in Verizon contest?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,683
[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

Is this true? If so how ironic.

 

Actually i found it.

 

  • 0-2 Battleships
  • 3-5 Cruisers
  • 2-4 Destroyers
  • 0 Aircraft Carriers

 

This sure causes dissonance for me.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,683
[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

it is true I dug that up off the page

 

Ships

All games will be played with 9 players and Tier 8 ships in the following configuration:

  • 0-2 Battleships
  • 3-5 Cruisers
  • 2-4 Destroyers
  • 0 Aircraft Carriers

Clan Commanders will be able to undergo a pick/ban process for ship selection prior to each series.

  • For the purposes of the pick/ban process, the tournament organizer will select a random team to go first.

Each team will ban one ship (this can be the same ship)

  • In case a ship with an alternate version is banned, the alternate version is also considered as banned. (i.e. flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192VIII Massachusetts and flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192VIII Massachusetts B or flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII Atago and flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII ARP Takao)

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/verizon-warriors-championship/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,683
[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

The match up has nothing to do with CV's so I am saying wth? Even WOWs knows that CV's would wreck the contest. What a joke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Verizon bowl? Isn't that football? Meh, nevermind I dont really care.

I have something actually important to share and it just ain't fair. I went to Panera yesterday. I generally dislike the place with the new age music and the fake lemongrass plants and plastic bonsai in the dumbest places like beside the bagel rack. Anyways, food ain't bad but I gotta stand in line fast food style to order. I order a muffin, a sandwich and a coffee. Then I get an empty *paper* cup to go pour my own coffee, my muffin and a buzzer so I know when my sandwich is ready. They ask for a tip. Cute. I sit down, sip my coffee, try not to get too comfortable as I wait for the buzzer so that I can get back up, walk across the restaurant (again)to get my sandwich, walk back across restaurant to return to my seat (again). When I'm done I'm expected to clear my own table by dumping waste into a trash can, putting plate in a bin and putting my silverware in another bin. What the heck is the point of the paper cup? Why would I tip when I get same experience at McDonald's? Maybe I'm getting old and grouchy but paper cups are for picnics and drive throughs. Tips are for good service not self service. Bottom line: wallet is closed until Panera buffs service. Let's make froo-froo fast food dining great again.

Edited by thebigblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[WKY04]
Members
3,860 posts
24,507 battles
46 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

It's not true.

It is true.

Previous invitationals have banned carriers, this one does also. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,683
[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
7 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

It is true.

Previous invitationals have banned carriers, this one does also. 

 

Is hypocrisy comrade on a party scale. Far as I remember most were player run but this one is it not run by WG?

Edited by Chain_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,134
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,239 posts
12,097 battles
40 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Verizon bowl? Isn't that football? Meh, nevermind I dont really care.

I have something actually important to share and it just ain't fair. I went to Panera yesterday. I generally dislike the place with the new age music and the fake lemongrass plants and plastic bonsai in the dumbest places like beside the bagel rack. Anyways, food ain't bad but I gotta stand in line fast food style to order. I order a muffin, a sandwich and a coffee. Then I get an empty *paper* cup to go pour my own coffee, my muffin and a buzzer so I know when my sandwich is ready. They ask for a tip. Cute. I sit down, sip my coffee, try not to get too comfortable as I wait for the buzzer so that I can get back up, walk across the restaurant (again)to get my sandwich, walk back across restaurant to return to my seat (again). When I'm done I'm expected to clear my own table by dumping waste into a trash can, putting plate in a bin and putting my silverware in another bin. What the heck is the point of the paper cup? Why would I tip when I get same experience at McDonald's? Maybe I'm getting old and grouchy but paper cups are for picnics and drive throughs. Tips are for good service not self service. Bottom line: wallet is closed until Panera buffs service. Let's make froo-froo fast food dining great again.

Golden rule never ask for a tip . I own a restaurant If see the waiters ask people when there paying the bill "you want change " . I tell them don't do that again if they want you to keep the change they will tell you or they will  just leave .

I tip everybody including the Pizza man take out stay in any where I go almost . But have been in the business 51 years as waiter , bartender , cook , and an owner I have a soft spot for these people .

But you Bigblue are right they should never ask for a tip and in a place like that your not obligated to tip at all .

 

 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,834
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,449 posts
22,652 battles

Even WG knows CV is too OP and unbalanced that they wouldn't let it in the first sponsored cash tournament....

But we still have to suffer in CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,683
[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
9 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Even WG knows CV is too OP and unbalanced that they wouldn't let it in the first sponsored cash tournament....

But we still have to suffer in CB.

How stupid is Verizon not to check on what they are sponsoring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
23 hours ago, clammboy said:

Golden rule never ask for a tip . I own a restaurant If see the waiters ask people when there paying the bill "you want change " . I tell them don't do that again if they want you to keep the change they will tell you or they will  just leave .

I tip everybody including the Pizza man take out stay in any where I go almost . But have been in the business 51 years as waiter , bartender , cook , and an owner I have a soft spot for these people .

But you Bigblue are right they should never ask for a tip and in a place like that your not obligated to tip at all .

 

 

Its always because they run the card and it prompts you with some percentage options or dollar amounts. There was no jar. I tip pizza guys, wait staff and barber handsomely I'd they are good. Someone running a register and handing me a paper cup? I'm not so sure about that. Give a me a mug! Lol. Maybe I was just tired and hungry...

I was a barback at a major bar across the street from a course on PGA tour. Twice a year I'd get my backside handed to me running cases of beer like my life depended on it. I was rewarded handsomely but it was definitely earned.

Edited by thebigblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,019 posts
11,742 battles

Verizon is a wireless CARRIER.  They get enough grief with customers complaining about them, they certainly do not want to hear Wargaming players also complaining about CARRIERs in an event they sponsor, lest someone link the two...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,953
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,605 posts

They want a tourney that has money on the line be based on *actual* skill so yes, no CVs.  

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×