Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KilljoyCutter

Up next...

13 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

It's that time again...

With several lines researched and the flakes on the way, I guess it's time to add another boat.

Here's what I have unlocked right now:

• Tashkent
  • Udaloi
  • Haragumo
  • Neptune
  • Lion

Any thoughts?

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles

I've face Haragumo as an opponent many times.  She's popular for some reason(s).

Neptune has a following.

Can't speak much for the others.

Good luck with your decision process, @KilljoyCutter.

[KWF]
Members
5,544 posts
6,848 battles

Depends on whether Harugumo's flake is worth it to you. It's also bound to change, with BB AP also overpenning now. 

If you don't care much about it, Udaloi is at a crazy level, courtesy of low popularity and average/below average player stats leading to continuous buffs.

Smoke, Repair Party, Engine Boost, DFAA, 15 torpedoes with 10km range AND classic RU DD main battery. 

Seriously the only thing keeping this ship from being broken is the bad concealment.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,614 posts
27,690 battles

The tier 9s you've listed are fine, but I would go with the Harugumo.  Harugumo has a ridiculously low gun reload.  When I need IJN ribbons, she is the boat I use.  

Second choice would be the Neptune, mostly because this is the step toward Minotaur.

[PVE]
Members
13,174 posts
27,611 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's that time again...

With several lines researched and the flakes on the way, I guess it's time to add another boat.

• Tashkent
  • Udaloi
  • Haragumo
  • Neptune
  • Lion

Any thoughts?

• sucks
  • sucks
  • really good
  • ok but Mino is next so a big +
  • sucks

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,322 posts
16,884 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Any thoughts?

play t9 as much as you can just before WG dropping new patch, use FXP and get t10 just in time for the snow flake as t10 get you a crate

:cap_like:

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,322 posts
16,884 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'm more interested in the Steel

I am a FTP players, a collectors, so extra Santa crates gives whatever, I will take.

Free is Free

[HINON]
Members
8,623 posts
12,540 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's that time again...

• Tashkent
  • Udaloi
  • Haragumo
  • Neptune
  • Lion

Any thoughts?

only have the Lion, but i always hear Hara's and Tashkent's(mostly compared to Khaba) praises being sung around every so often, and with that upcoming buff that makes Haragumo immune to being normal penned by BB AP, shes probably going to be better

[ARGSY]
Members
22,899 posts
16,963 battles

I had a blast with Neptune all through her grind, mostly done in co-op, and I kept her around  when I was done, irrespective of snowflakes. I sometimes feel better about her than I do about Minotaur. If she had Edinburgh's concealment and was a premium, she would be more banned than Belfast. Be aware that I used the duplicate doubloons from having bought Warspite with money and then farmed her from the Cossack event to get Neptune a permacamo, or it would have been a very credit- expensive grind.

Lion for me has been like that girl you take out on a few dates, marry her on the strength of that, and then she just falls to pieces and doesn't make you happy any more... but you stay with her to get through a time-sensitive clause in the pre-nup. I've come to accept that there's something about her which will keep my win-rate in the sewer, but having played a lot of Conqueror in PTS is the carrot that keeps me trying.

I should clarify that this is both in Randoms AND in Co-op. Even in PvE, my initial rush of success that caused me to expend a permacamo on her and shift one of my 19 pointers to her has not been repeated, and she remains one of my few bitter disappointments. Even Monarch was more fun.

Don't have any of the others. Tried Harugumo once or twice in PTS and was not particularly enthused to grind her on the live server. Can't speak for the Russians and in no particular hurry to get there.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,479 posts
25,624 battles
23 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's that time again...

• Tashkent
  • Udaloi
  • Haragumo
  • Neptune
  • Lion

Any thoughts?

I know you're PVE oriented, with that in mind, Harugumo is the best of that group.

Her DD Gun Power is something to behold.  Also, WG is going to buff Haru and Khabarovsk real soon by removing the Full AP Pen damage they used to eat from large shells.

X Khabarovsk; X Harugumo:

• Damage to a ship's HP caused by an AP or SAP shell with a caliber of 280 mm and larger, will no longer exceed 10% of the maximum damage of the shell

RNCLs are kind of a weird thing in Co-op.  If you have no Spotting then you're in big trouble, especially with the firepower being thrown around in High Tiers.

RUDDs have not been my thing for many years, even for PVP, but that's my personal preference.  The things to note are Grozovoi and Khab in Tier X:  Grozovoi has never, ever been popular, even in RU Server.  She's a decent DD though.  Khab is getting some help soon.

Khab's torpedoes hit just as hard as the powerful Fletcher torpedoes.  She's also stupidly fast and great for YOLO'ing in for torp rushes.  With the buff coming she'll be even better in doing that against Super Cruisers and Battleships.  Also, unlike Halland and Kleber, Khab allows a choice:  Slot Smoke for Smoke Camping and use her powerful 130mm battery, or have Repair Party for a bit of staying power.  But Khab's agility sucks real bad.  She's fast but turns like sh*t, and her concealment is terrible.

Grozovoi has been molded by WG over the years to be a "universal Destroyer" and well rounded.  Her torpedoes are markedly weaker than Khab and she lacks the 50mm plating on the hull that Khab has.  But she should be familiar in style to other "normal" Destroyers you may have, it's just she's packing those powerful RU 130mm guns.

Edit:  Some interesting notes on Tashkent.  She's fast and although her torpedoes are pretty weak (not IKEA DD weak), she has 3x3 torpedoes and they reload very fast.  Like Khabarovsk, she gives the player options for Repair Party or Smoke.  She also leads into Khabarovsk in Tier X.

Lion?  She's very weak lackluster, IMO.  She's the 2nd of the 1-2 Lackluster Blows in the RNBB Line Grind:  VIII Monarch and IX Lion are the mediocre FreeXP ships sandwiched between the Goodness of VII King George V and X Conqueror.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RVNHQ]
Members
364 posts
10,965 battles

My vote is for Harugumo

I have only had a few games with her but of those she proved to be quite powerful, much like Kitakaze.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,932 posts
27,182 battles

I'd go with Minotaur,  I really like Conq also. I have about the same number of games in each but my Mino outperforms Conq. Boils down to whether you like the light cruisers or not.

Sign in to follow this