You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zzzFrostVortexzzz

ST 0.10.0, new ships

74 comments in this topic

[PISD]
Members
1,817 posts
6,008 battles

Okay...

So Flandre.... what does the French BB have to get so many tier 8 premium? I mean, they got 3 premiums, all of them never built and only one planned, while the US have... 2 premium BB at tier 8? I do wonder why  WG pump so many baguette out.

M. Immelmann.... well, so the skip bomb... why the German got it, and not the British? I mean, British and Japanese are 2 of the main CV nation and do not have a tier 10 premium, and here comes Germany with an other premium CV (which make Germany having more premium than the UK and Japan in that field.... weird)

The Austin looks like a tier 10 Atlanta with massive fire power (thanks to the SAP) and less suitability than Steven Hawkins in a wrestling match.

Overall, nothing exciting here, and some questionable choice in my opinion.

Edited by Y_Nagato
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 2

[SPTR]
Members
27,258 posts
17,446 battles

Being a French main Flandre has me interested considering the previous tier 8 premium french BBs are either bad(Gascogne) or have a boring playstyle thats promotes an unhealthy meta (Champagne).

Austin looks pretty promising too considering how much I enjoy my Colbert.

• Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,479 posts
20,207 battles

Flandre: Alsace Design version 1. So now we have Alsace, Uptiered Alsace, and now downtiered Alsace. Also, do the French need a third T8 Premium BB? Why not add engine boost and buff the reload by 2-3secs and give us a T9 Jean Bart Replacement? Also appears to use Standard BB dispersion

Immelmann: How about doing an Immelmann and not give us CVs until you can actually balance CVs

Austin: this ship basically proves why MBRB is such a powerful consumable- with MBRB active, she looks OP, when MBRB is off (considering only one charge, will be very often) complete garbage

• Cool 3

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles

Austin may fire HE or SAP shells, and though its "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumable has only 1 charge, it lowers reload time by 75% instead of the standard 50%. The ship has effective AA, additionally enhanced by "Defensive AA Fire" in a separate slot from "Hydroacoustic search".

WG instead of always saying effective AA since there is NONE. How about add a RADAR that last like 15 sec or British smoke that would be a nice change:cap_like:.

Edited by 9TenSix2Eight

[KWF]
Members
5,585 posts
6,897 battles

Uninspiring twists leading to uninspiring ships;

"Hey, what about an Alsace with triple turrets?"

"Hey, what about MvR with different bomber patterns?"

"Hey, what about a high tier Atlanta with SAP since we killed the ships with IFHE changes?"

Models mostly already existing to minimize any work needed to be done on them, cynical designs to get people to spend their currency and nothing else, push powercreep forward and all is good. 

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[UKN]
Members
93 posts
6,666 battles

Some quick numbers of Austin...

The base HE DPM (with MBM3 and BFT): 204,545

Base SAP DPM (with MBM3 and BFT): 306,818

HE DPM (with MBM3 and BFT) with MBRB active: 818,181

SAP DPM (with MBM3 and BFT) with MBRB active: 1,227,727

Remember, SAP doesn't overpen so it can be used against DDs.

To get a sense of what 1,227,727 DPM looks like, Worcester HE DPM (with MBM3) is 391,304.

This cruiser, for the 15 seconds that MBRB is active has equivelent DPM to 3 Worcesters. This will murder DDs in seconds. Can you imagine a triple div of these? Basically, 9 Worcesters.

Luckily, it doesn't have radar, but still. Horrifying.

Edited by Quantumphysics333
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[VORTX]
Members
566 posts
7,446 battles
35 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Being a French main Flandre has me interested considering the previous tier 8 premium french BBs are either bad(Gascogne) or have a boring playstyle thats promotes an unhealthy meta (Champagne).

Austin looks pretty promising too considering how much I enjoy my Colbert.

Agree with all of this. 

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
2,651 posts
27,770 battles
12 minutes ago, Quantumphysics333 said:

Some quick numbers of Austin...

The base HE DPM (with MBM3 and BFT): 204,545

Base SAP DPM (with MBM3 and BFT): 306,818

HE DPM (with MBM3 and BFT) with MBRB active: 818,181

SAP DPM (with MBM3 and BFT) with MBRB active: 1,227,727

Remember, SAP doesn't overpen so it can be used against DDs.

To get a sense of what 1,227,727 DPM looks like, Worcester HE DPM (with MBM3) is 391,304.

This cruiser, for the 15 seconds that MBRB is active has equivelent DPM to 3 Worcesters. This will murder DDs in seconds. Can you imagine a triple div of these? Basically, 9 Worcesters.

Luckily, it doesn't have radar, but still. Horrifying.

This will probably get nerfed before released.  Seems like a lot of the test ships have great stats during testing, but end up with lackluster to horrible results.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,563 battles
43 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

why the German got it, and not the British?

WG hates the British.

• Cool 1

[2GOOD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
64 posts
12,836 battles
56 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

Probably for coal! 😛

I bet steel

[WOLF8]
Members
7,741 posts
6,507 battles
Just now, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

You mean dockyard, right? :cap_book:

I'll be sad if the new CV ends up being a steel or a RB ship.

Dockyard? Errr... hopefully not.

Coal or FXP? Yes please... lol.

[PISD]
Members
1,817 posts
6,008 battles
25 minutes ago, Umikami said:

WG hates the British. 

which explain why we do not have a British split line, that British CA are probably the worst line and that they have uninspired premium option like ''Belfast 43''.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,563 battles
20 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

which explain why we do not have a British split line, that British CA are probably the worst line and that they have uninspired premium option like ''Belfast 43''.

It goes much deeper than that. It took forever to even get a British line at all. RN main battery ranges are all a little short. They get crap smoke. They get short range torps up to tier 8. The list goes on and on. And I don't know why, unless it's historical envy.

[PISD]
Members
1,817 posts
6,008 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It goes much deeper than that. It took forever to even get a British line at all. RN main battery ranges are all a little short. They get crap smoke. They get short range torps up to tier 8. The list goes on and on. And I don't know why, unless it's historical envy.

well some stuff are good. The Daring is arguably one of the best DD at tier 10, and Minotaur is a good ship if used well. But their is less ''Royalaboo'' than there is Wehraboo or Weeb so... yeah. And it is why you see a lot of British ships being ''downtiered'': KGV historically would have fit at tier 8, with it's armor second only to the Yamato. Or the Town class heavy cruiser should have been tier 7, have similar spec to the Alégerie and New Orleans. But that is some other subject.

[BUOY]
Members
1,186 posts
15,995 battles

Flandre: Massbaguette? Alabaguette? Vladibaguette? I mean... looks okay if otherwise bland and with an unnecessarily long reload, but 32mm everywhere and 'good survivability' are pretty mutually exclusive.

M. Immelmann: Ugh... that is all.

Austin: 8.0 second 127mm base reload at T10... no radar or smoke... 30k base HP... basically a 'Worsechester' aside from the possible YOLO Emilio aspect for 15 seconds.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,172 posts
12,736 battles
1 hour ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

French Tier VIII battleship Flandre, German Tier X aircraft carrier Max Immelmann and American Tier X cruiser Austin are added for testing

Read more: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/102 

Regarding Austin, an eight second reload for 127/54 guns, especially at t10 is not only bazzar but wrong. 

Wrong in penetration values, and wrong in fire chance and other stays.

USN post war 5in gun development went up in rate of fire, not down.

Not to mention how bad a consumable based dpm for a cruiser, is horrible when you have to factor in:

1) it's only 3 charges at best

2) renders the ship damage inefective for the rest of the battle. A Paolo Emil of cruisers and a hard contradiction to the utility role that has defined USN cruise up to now.

However, awesome modeling of Austin, that superstructure model is the same one that Flint should have. It's really nice to see the art department breaking away from reused models, and delving into the deeper corner of naval science. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
1 hour ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Being a French main Flandre has me interested

It has no engine boost, the main guns are gutted from 12 to 9. Typical "modern release" 30+ second reload and retains the issue of the 100mm secondaries being useless.

This ships has had all of Alsace's identity stripped out of it, bar those parts that are flaws. This is the 3rd French T8 battleship, and no-doubt will be the 3rd flop in its current state.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,140 posts
11,186 battles

This announcement makes me physically ill. I will probably post about it later in detail, but this was a disgusting post in a bad way, and IMHO is an embodiment of all the things WG has been doing wrong. That's not to say they haven't done some things right, but this announcement was all the wrong and none of the right.

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2