Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zzzFrostVortexzzz

ST 0.10.0, Lunar New Year, Brawls, and other news

19 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

So, is the Lunar BB going to be a direct copy of Alsace, or will it be a modified version ala' Izumo and Bajie? The precedent supports the latter, but the balance warning favors the former.

[USN]
Members
1,480 posts
20,224 battles

Change what I said yesterday. We now have Alsace, Uptirered Alsace, downtiered Alsace, and now Chinese Knock-off Alsace

and Chinese-knock off Saipan is somehow uglier than Izumo AND October Revolution, I didn’t think that was possible.

• Funny 5

[WOLF8]
Members
7,744 posts
6,513 battles
13 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Change what I said yesterday. We now have Alsace, Uptirered Alsace, downtiered Alsace, and now Chinese Knock-off Alsace

and Chinese-knock off Saipan is somehow uglier than Izumo AND October Revolution, I didn’t think that was possible.

Somebody at the WeeGee HQ must've really liked Alsace or something... lol. :Smile_trollface:

And I guess anything's really possible with WeeGee, including a ship looking so ooglei... lel. :Smile_trollface:

/s :Smile_trollface:

Members
143 posts
3,635 battles

I actually don't mind the look of the CV, but to have a French battleship (which has had several iterations added to the game) sold with an Asian camo as an Asian ship... this is just so wrong. I just got the Alsace a week or so ago, and I can't help but feel like she is losing her identity. Why not design a new Asian vessel? Probably won't because the Asian player base won't yield enough of a profit. 

On the note of losing identity, why is WG selling copies of tech tree ships for money? That kind of defeats the purpose of grinding down the tech trees, and so you get people who just want to play Yamato buying the new ARP Yamato and causing all of the players who have proven themselves to be devoted to have terrible games. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
143 posts
3,635 battles
4 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

I saw this yesterday, and couldn't help but laugh when I saw the dev blog. I thought of your post instantly. Thank you for not letting me down! ;)

• Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,480 posts
20,224 battles
53 minutes ago, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

I saw this yesterday, and couldn't help but laugh when I saw the dev blog. I thought of your post instantly. Thank you for not letting me down! ;)

I also just remembered that the T9 ITL BB, Lepanto, is a 3x4 15in gun setup, so there actually 5 Alsaces around; Alsace, Uptiered Alsace, downtiwred Alsace, Chinese Alsace, and Italian Alsace

[A-D-F]
Members
478 posts
16,375 battles

Probably should change the name of  Fen Yang  to "Lo Pen"... to reflect its in game performance.

• Funny 3
  • Thanks 2

[WMD]
Members
1,878 posts
10,451 battles
20 hours ago, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

On the note of losing identity, why is WG selling copies of tech tree ships for money? That kind of defeats the purpose of grinding down the tech trees, and so you get people who just want to play Yamato buying the new ARP Yamato and causing all of the players who have proven themselves to be devoted to have terrible games. 

Grinding down tech trees for free kinda defeats the purpose of running a business. 

Grinding to Yamato is no guarantee of skill, just like buying ARP Yamato is no guarantee of being bad. The game is more than 5 years old, anyone with time and even a slight inclination is at T10 on multiple lines. Also, there are already many T8-9 premiums that allow people to buy directly into the top tiers, so why is a T9 marketed to the Asian market now somehow bad? 

[TFFOX]
Members
1,074 posts
2,588 battles
13 hours ago, FairWindsFollowingSeas said:

Saipan Sanzang... :cap_yes:

just call it saipan seeing as it's probably gonna be a direct copy-pasta of saipan

[-BUI-]
Members
2,546 posts
6,812 battles

Saipan with DW Aerial Torpedoes?   That might make it actually interesting.

[VETSN]
Members
22 posts
34,701 battles

"Please, note: if necessary, balance changes may be applied to Wujing."

So.

Hopefully this is simply a notification that they haven't finalized the specifications yet. If not then:

Did you mistakenly attach the icon for a "Premium" vessel to the First Ever tier 9 "Special" ship?

*Or*

Is this a market test to see how many blockheads (ZERO argument that they DO exist) are willing to shell out real money for a "Premium" that you admit you "may" (will) directly nerf in the future instead of just (!) altering core game mechanics to change another favored premium into another port queen?

Just curious.

I think (almost) everyone understood that the "nerf warning" about the ARP Yamato was due to it being a tier X "Special" ship. Not agreed mind you, but at least understood. Seeing this immediately after that event is disturbing, especially since it IS marked as a "Premium" currently.

Also.

As announced the Fen Yang was very attractive. Now? Not So Much.

[AK-47]
Members
300 posts
8,234 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 7:08 AM, tfcas119 said:

Please at least call this WG knock-off, Chinese knock off wouldn't be this ugly and strange looking, nor it is likely from Japanese tech tree or French tech tree.

I sometimes wonder if WG really know what Chinese think of these ships' outfits.

[AK-47]
Members
300 posts
8,234 battles

"China didn't really have a navy during the cold war era, what we gonna do?"

"It's okay, we gonna copy some for them from Japanese tech tree and French tech tree."

WG, just why. The designs, the ship's naming order, and their origins are kinda strange imo.

First, the ships' name from this year and last year's lunar new year event comes from the ancient novel "Journey to the West", which I do admire the attempt to incorperate some Chinese culture... 

however, amoung the major charactors: Monkey King (Wukong), Pigsy (Bajie), Sandy (Wujing) and Tripitaka (Sanzang), it is well known that the Monkey King is the major character and possibly the stronger character amoung these four...

However, the name is given to a T8 "Modified French Crusier." Which somehow is arguably the weaker ship amoung these ships...

And the design is also kinda weird imo... if you Google images for "Journey to the West", you can actually some images of these major characters:

Image from a Chinese TV series from 80s I believe:

Still unbeaten: Journey to the West (1986, TV series) | KAOHONGSHU

Image from a currently underdevelopment game about Wukong:

Journey to the West-themed action RPG Black Myth: Wu Kong announced for  consoles, PC - Gematsu

Which makes me feel the ships' lookings are a bit overdone and looks kinda strange.

Some of the designs feel a little bit like copy the characters' outfit and paste them onto a ship (not saying this is how they are been designed, just the impression).... rather than design a ship with the style of the charater.

Last strange thing, the origin of the ships, like why from Japanese tech tree and French tech tree?

Yes, China didn't really have a navy, possibly nor have any ship designs during the era this game targets... but isn't kinda strange the ship is based on Japanese and French designs?

I mean, doesn't it make a lot more sense if the ship designs are based on the Soviet line? As in reality, a lot of Chinese military equipment's design are either based on the Soviet designs, or influenced by the Soviet designs...

Edited by Tom_Lin

[NSS]
[NSS]
Beta Testers
15 posts
20,557 battles

I think WoWs should team up with Big Trouble in Little China for commanders...this would make Lo Pan very happy!

Sign in to follow this