You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zzzFrostVortexzzz

ST 0.9.11, changes to Italian Battleships

15 comments in this topic

[USN]
Members
1,481 posts
20,231 battles

"With their current armor, hitting the citadel of Marco Polo, Lepanto and Cristoforo Colombo is very difficult. We want this remain the feature of mainly German and some French ships. It's also important for us that enemy battleships have the ability to deal heavy damage to the majority of ships of the same type, in case they make a mistake and turn broadside. Thus, we made the citadel protection of these Italians approximately on the same level as of Montana and Yamato. "

Might be one of the biggest lol things I've read from WG's devs. How is it possible Montana with a waterline citadel that seldomly takes more than 2 citadels when broadside has the same citadel protection as a ship that has a very high above water citadel that can be dev struck when broadside AND sucker punched through its cheek?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles

"We want this remain the feature of mainly German and some French ships"

The hell do you mean German and French? 
Montana is just as equally bad, how dare you even think that a comparison of her to Yamato is equal.

You really, really dont play your game under any less then the most special circumstances do you?

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,174 posts
12,749 battles
1 hour ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

We adjusted the armor of Lepanto, Marco Polo and Cristoforo Colombo based on testing results

Read more: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/103 

Changes like these hold back the game and create a train wreck of balancing.

It would be better to increase the fire duration of these ships than to need their armor profiles. Being difficult to citadel should be more common, especially since the Italian BBs are technically the last legitimate BB design.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,940 battles
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

"With their current armor, hitting the citadel of Marco Polo, Lepanto and Cristoforo Colombo is very difficult. We want this remain the feature of mainly German and some French ships. It's also important for us that enemy battleships have the ability to deal heavy damage to the majority of ships of the same type, in case they make a mistake and turn broadside. Thus, we made the citadel protection of these Italians approximately on the same level as of Montana and Yamato. "

Might be one of the biggest lol things I've read from WG's devs. How is it possible Montana with a waterline citadel that seldomly takes more than 2 citadels when broadside has the same citadel protection as a ship that has a very high above water citadel that can be dev struck when broadside AND sucker punched through its cheek?

In the past week ive one shot every single yamato ive came across aside from one, because i flubbed the angle. 3+ Citadels in a single salvo each and every single time. The Yamatos armor is trash, hell most of the IJN BBs are. I cant even remember the last time i managed to citadel a Montana even shooting the water line.

I suspect they will be just as easily citadeled as the Yamato and Roma :/

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KRAB]
Members
910 posts
7,402 battles

It is good for the game to have broadside battleships punished - they just need to make sure that this is balanced by better performance when properly angled. 

Montana still takes a lot more citadel damage than Republique and at ranges above 15km or so Kremlin, which shatters everything due to the insane belt inclination. 

[HINON]
Members
8,638 posts
12,566 battles

out of the nerfs i thought the Marco was going to get, armor changes was not one of them, i expected the guns to take the most hits from the nerf bat, seeing as a single 16" SAP shell has the potential to do the same amount of damage a USN 18" AP shell does on a cit

Members
2 posts
7,848 battles

Boa noite! Você joga o seu jogo? Sabe como uma nave com placas de 32 mm queima como um incêndio? Você vai reduzir as placas de armadura das naves de nível mais alto para 25 mm? O que está acontecendo na sua cabeça? Todas as naves com placas de 32mm tendem a queimar facilmente. Destrua o layout da armadura apenas para fazer um equilíbrio que pode ser feito modificando parâmetros de gatilho, recarregando a bateria principal e a mobilidade. Eu não quero um navio invencível, eu quero um navio decente, que vai apoiar o combate mesmo que tenha que desistir da precisão e poder de fogo. Este novo deck, e layout de armadura da cidadela é pura estupidez.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
5 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

It is good for the game to have broadside battleships punished - they just need to make sure that this is balanced by better performance when properly angled. 

Montana still takes a lot more citadel damage than Republique and at ranges above 15km or so Kremlin, which shatters everything due to the insane belt inclination. 

well... getting a paddlin'? Sure... but uh, what will result is every swinging commander bow on  forward/astern, foward, astern, forward and astern... kinda boring to most folks. 

I also agree with the LOLoudly effect of those comments. Wow - have they really not played their game for what, the past two years? 

[VVV]
Members
2,798 posts
5,065 battles

In the meantime, can we change Marco Polo's name to something that actually would've been been plausible for a Regia Marina battleship? Something like Re d'Italia or Vittorio Emanuele II or even just Italia.

Marco Polo is a cruiser name, it's on par with naming a US Navy BB "USS Los Angeles". Or naming a Soviet BB "Grozny". These are simply things that wouldn't happen.

Edited by Lord_Magus

[MHG]
Members
91 posts
4,440 battles

Honestly I'm glad these ships are getting the Conqueror treatment. I really, really, dislike the "unhittable citadel" quirk unless the ship gives up enough to warrant it, but considering how strong ITA BB's have looked every time I saw one in game, I don't think they give up enough to have hard to hit citadels. The T10's citadel is still underwater and will be hard to hit, but at least showing broadside will be punished now. Unless you drop smoke and hold your fire while you you GTFO. 

• Meh 1

[SCREW]
Members
431 posts
19,049 battles
On 11/26/2020 at 1:30 PM, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

We adjusted the armor of Lepanto, Marco Polo and Cristoforo Colombo based on testing results

Read more: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/103 

Difficult for who? Other BBs? It should be difficult. Y'all gave these ships garbage dispersion, of course they should have better armor protection to make up for it. Difficult for cruisers? It should be damn near impossible. They have tiny shells in comparison. It should absolutely be hard as hell for cruisers to citadel Battleships, and it should cost them to get really close for the attempt. 

• Cool 1

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,404 posts
10,620 battles

Translation:

Our glorious soviet BBs were not able to multi-citadel sucker blap the italian BBs in testing and since we gave italian BBs the SAP it has been slaying our Kremlin komrades with ease. This must be fixed!

First step is to make them vulnerable to glorious soviet bias guns. Armor down! Citadel raised! Step two will be nerfing of guns but that will be for later test patch..must use excuse of 'further testing' to do this.

Oh, and say that Yamato citadel is like Montana citadel... we must always squat and teabag IJN in the face. Tsushima anal itch must be scratched!

• Funny 2

[UFFA]
Members
2,116 posts
75 battles

WG: We know that the Regia Marina 40k project would have had heavy armor since our high tier battleships share a similar genesis however we are going to subvert expectations and give the ship not only a nonsensical name, despite having a historical list at our disposal, but also give it battle cruiser type armor for reasons. 

I mean if the goal was to make ships the Regia Marina would have never built Lesta has succeeded beyond anyone’s wildest imagination. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
96 posts
13,980 battles

Comparing Montana citidel to a Yamato is a long stretch as well as punishing mistakes.  Catching ships broadside was once a thing that would make nearly any ship captain salivate with anticipation and often times the rewards were delicious.  Now the number of non pens, over pens and then zero damage pens mixed in with a torpedo protection hit leaves many folks that position wait and excite there shots left wanting and frustrated.  Yes they do still happen but so does rolling 4 of 4 6’s when rolling dice but there is no consistency to it.  In the mean time Thunder’s especial and Slavas keep the A/B and I/J lines as busy as a rush hour freeway as they keep the carriers flank to the maps edge secure,  as spotted slow maneuvering targets perpetually burn leaving the caps the DD’s and the cruisers left trying to gain any type of ground near the middle of the map with out the support of even properly played or positioned BB’s before these monstrosities were introduced.  This all leaving the game as hastily played rofl stomps or full length matches as CV and HE Snipers lumber there was back through spawn to only near the cap as the final seconds of the game count down to zero.  Yes citidel placement is important in the long run of balancing things but it seems as though ship balance ATM is closer to a Sumo wrestler trying to teeter totter with a gymnast atm.  Pulling it from armory won’t fix the ship.   Rant over but my goodness.