You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
eviltane

WG when will you guys acknowledge and fix high speed plane flak invulnerability ?

142 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles

To quote El2azer on the European Forums: 

The first 2 - 3 flak walls no longer seem to really hit high speed squadrons. Yes, that means if you're speeding through flak with a fast squadron it will apparently simply not deal any damage. Don't ask me why. Here's a video to demonstrate:

This is apparently/ supposedly the bug that allowed MVR to strike into multiple high AA ships in his recent controversial video here: 

Besides the bug and before the CV patrol comes in saying how the CVs wasted all their striking potential early.......  Despite 4 AA defense experts awarded in the game  and the CVs throwing away planes like its going out of style AND CV XP reduction  the loosing sides CVs still scored 1800 base XP.  That is not balanced. 

• Cool 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
4 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Let's petition the mods to get a dedicated CV whine forum, clean this place up

Jesus  wasn't grouping up AA the great counter you guys always tout against CVs?  Right in those videos you have proof that CVs can ignore AA, that multiple good AA ships don't stop strikes  and that large number of plane losses do not slow their ability to do damage in the long term .    

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 11
  • Boring 3

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
1 minute ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

The multi-year hissy fit continues. May it never end.

Video proof of the problem existing  is now a hissy fit ?   

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

I watched leetnameguy's video and didn't see a problem. I don't expect one cruiser to shoot down all the things all at once. It seemed to make adequate progress to me. If that's your evidence then you are, in fact, participating in a mass psychosis.

I have not watched the flamu video yet, I'll get to it later.

• Meh 4

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
10 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

I watched leetnameguy's video and didn't see a problem. I don't expect one cruiser to shoot down all the things all at once. It seemed to make adequate progress to me. If that's your evidence then you are, in fact, participating in a mass psychosis.

It wasn't one cruiser in flamus video, he flew through 4 AA zones most of which overlapped.

MvR flies OVER  a Halland and Des in order to strike a Thunderer. Then he flies between a Montana and a Des to turn in and rocket the Des broadside. 

He Flyes through multiple AA zones 3 of which have Def AA.  Never mind that you are ignoring the first video where MVR is flying directly through flak clouds with clouds even popping right in the middle of his squadron. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles
8 minutes ago, eviltane said:

You are lying .  It wasn't one cruiser he flew through many AA zones most of which overlapped.

I don't know what call you have to say that I'm lying. I have not watched the flamu video and was not describing what it depicts and I don't see anything problematic in the leetnameguy video which depicts these things working as I would expect them to.

You are in the grip of a psychosis with an insignificant trigger and it's making you lash out at everything. That can't be healthy.

Edited by Spirit_of_76
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 7

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
4 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

I don't know what call you have to say that I'm lying. I have not watched the flamu video and was not describing what it depicts and I don't see anything problematic in the leetnameguy video which depicts these things working as I would expect them to.

You are in the grip of a psychosis with an insignificant trigger and it's making you lash out at everything. That can't be healthy.

I am saying you are lying  because you are clearly not telling the truth.   "Leetnameguy"  is not attacking a cruiser.  He is flying through flak clouds  with flak clouds exploding in the middle of his squadrons.   Flak is supposed to pop planes like crazy when it hits.  Those are supposed to be the mechanics of the game.  

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[KWF]
Members
5,609 posts
6,914 battles

It's not a bug really. 

When the newer CV lines that focus on fast squads have to be powercrepeed to make room for the new broken toy, then will WG say it's a bug and fix it.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
2 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Lul @eviltane

Do you think any good will come posting in here?  The forum is dead....

Its the only avenue we have.

[_BDA_]
Members
487 posts
7,598 battles
4 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Lul @eviltane

The forum isn't dead... whether or not posting here is a different topic.

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

The ignorance is strong with quite a few.

I don't understand how people still defend the current cv mechanics?

I really don't understand.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
4,627 posts
21,220 battles
3 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

The forum isn't dead... whether or not posting here is a different topic.

I don't know, It seems like it's only about 20 people that come in here and talk every day for some reason and that's about it. Maybe a few random stray people wander in-and-out like me from time to time.

And as far as this topic goes with WG I'm sure it goes straight into the trash can.

They don't care

Remember the last official word from WG was "everything is fine" please prepare to buy a bunch of black Friday and Christmas crates....

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
4,525 battles
7 minutes ago, Learux said:

The ignorance is strong with quite a few.

I don't understand how people still defend the current cv mechanics?

I really don't understand.

Simple, CV's are the easy class they get wins and results in. They don't want a level playing field. It's been obvious for a while when you look up player stats. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

Flamu video recap.

(1) MVR flies full squadron of planes into death ball. Loses all planes. Does insignificant damage. Flamu offended that squadron still launched strike.

(2) MVR sends multiple waves against DM which is more or less alone. Does more significant damage. DM survives multiple waves.

(3) MVR sends bombers against Montana. Montana takes 20-25% damage. Flamu claims 1/3 because why not. Flamu makes fun of "just angle" since there is more than one threat to Montana. I mean, this makes sense, no one ever has to pick among bad choices in this game or deal with crossfires. Totally valid complaint. Montana then detonated by torpedoes from MVR. Nothing else ever detonates anything. Clearly CV overpowered.

(4) Friendly MVR bombs Moskva for 20-25% health. Well. I. Never. Friendly MVR turns his planes about and bombs Moskva for 10% more. Please. Think. Of. The. Children. OMG MVR rockets Moskva for 10K, that's almost 20%! Oh no! The heavens are falling now! Ships just don't do this kind of damage at tier 10! Woweee Wow! Some torps finished off the moskva after he ate flamu's torps! Unprecendented!

(5) MVR tries to both torpedo and rocket hero flamu! Wow. He takes no damage at all and shoots down lots of the planes! Weird how MVR is close to powerless against the DD. MVR is sending out less than 1/2 strength squadrons. Clearly the AA is having no effect. Wow the MVR torpedoes flamu again with his barely operable squadron and... the torps miss! Now the rockets! Whew! MVR lost so many planes that he aborted his run to try to save a plane. Flamu thinks problem isn't disintegrating squadron, but rather that can't aim. AA defense expert medal achieved. Clearly AA doesn't do anything. Uh oh. If the MVR doesn't send bombers out for ten minutes then he can muster most of a DB squadron! (meanwhile disabled main battery gun can be insta-repaired by pushing button or waiting 30 seconds). Totally unfair! OMG less than half a squadron of torpedo bombers is deployed! This AA has done nothing! Nothing! Flamu literally hallucinates a full AP bomber squadron then realizes he is hallucinating. The AA has done nothing so the T10 CV can only muster 3 or 4 bombers.

(6) Flamu takes fishing boat and sinks the remaining BB and the CV with torpedoes. The CV is clearly overpowered. Nothing overpowered about fishing trawler deleting multiple capital ships with marshmallow torpedoes while fighting off entire CAG.

CV hatred is perfectly rational since nobody can fight against them at all ever no way huh uh.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Edited by Spirit_of_76
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 8

[WKY04]
Members
3,861 posts
24,543 battles
58 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

A squad flies straight and level over a Petro and losing 1-2 planes per pass is what you expect? That's some tasty Koolaid you have there. 

Golf clap. 

Edited by Pugilistic

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,443 posts
13,111 battles
20 minutes ago, Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax said:

Simple, CV's are the easy class they get wins and results in. They don't want a level playing field. It's been obvious for a while when you look up player stats. 

A skilled player is still a skilled player, regardless of what ship they're in, nothing more or less. If you actually go through the stats, you'll find plenty of bad CV players for every good one, just like every other ship.

Most good CV players that I've casually looked at their stats are just as good in any other ship, and will do well in anything they're sailing. Works the same with the not so good ones.

The whole premise that CV's are for crap payers that can't sail anything else has been a load of garbage since players have started spouting it.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,861 posts
24,543 battles
1 hour ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

The multi-year hissy fit continues. May it never end.

Agreed. 

48 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Lul @eviltane

Alabama. GC. Repeated nerfs to CVs after WG said they would buff them to get ever higher CV population. 

Its not a sure thing, but playerbase outrage gets heard and occasionally gets results. 

CV broken, WG pls fix. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
29 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Strange...the bug only works when flying TOWARDS the ship in question?

The one time he flies parallel, he does eat some flak.

Yeah its definitely buggy. 

20 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

Flamu video recap.

(1) MVR flies full squadron of planes into death ball. Loses all planes. Does insignificant damage. Flamu offended that squadron still launched strike.

(2) MVR sends multiple waves against DM which is more or less alone. Does more significant damage. DM survives multiple waves.

(3) MVR sends bombers against Montana. Montana takes 20-25% damage. Flamu claims 1/3 because why not. Flamu makes fun of "just angle" since there is more than one threat to Montana. I mean, this makes sense, no one ever has to pick among bad choices in this game or deal with crossfires. Totally valid complaint. Montana then detonated by torpedoes from MVR. Nothing else ever detonates anything. Clearly CV overpowered.

(4) Friendly MVR bombs Moskva for 20-25% health. Well. I. Never. Friendly MVR turns his planes about and bombs Moskva for 10% more. Please. Think. Of. The. Children. OMG MVR rockets Moskva for 10K, that's almost 20%! Oh no! The heavens are falling now! Ships just don't do this kind of damage at tier 10! Woweee Wow! Some torps finished off the moskva after he ate flamu's torps! Unprecendented!

(5) MVR tries to both torpedo and rocket hero flamu! Wow. He takes no damage at all and shoots down lots of the planes! Weird how MVR is close to powerless against the DD. MVR is sending out less than 1/2 strength squadrons. Clearly the AA is having no effect. Wow the MVR torpedoes flamu again with his barely operable squadron and... the torps miss! Now the rockets! Whew! MVR lost so many planes that he aborted his run to try to save a plane. Flamu thinks problem isn't disintegrating squadron, but rather that can't aim. AA defense expert medal achieved. Clearly AA doesn't do anything. Uh oh. If the MVR doesn't send bombers out for ten minutes then he can muster most of a DB squadron! (meanwhile disabled main battery gun can be insta-repaired by pushing button or waiting 30 seconds). Totally unfair! OMG less than half a squadron of torpedo bombers is deployed! This AA has done nothing! Nothing! Flamu literally hallucinates a full AP bomber squadron then realizes he is hallucinating. The AA has done nothing so the T10 CV can only muster 3 or 4 bombers.

(6) Flamu takes fishing boat and sinks the remaining BB and the CV with torpedoes. The CV is clearly overpowered. Nothing overpowered about fishing trawler deleting multiple capital ships with marshmallow torpedoes while fighting off entire CAG.

CV hatred is perfectly rational since nobody can fight against them at all ever no way huh uh.

Happy Thanksgiving.

So riting to read that kind of big old wall of excuses. Ignoring that CV gets off multiple  attacks while in AA  bubbles of 4 ships.   MVR throws away planes all match long  doesn't get punished for it and instead takes top spot.    CV defenders are blind to the core. 

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1