Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Stealth Sale?

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,810
Members
1,869 posts
27,438 battles

It looks as though US tech tree ships are on sale for the usual amounts off. I had researched Fletcher a couple of weeks ago, but was waiting for such a sale before purchasing (as I'm not in a clan) and bought her this morning for 15% off.

Also, it appears upgrades on all boats are 50% off (today, at least).

Did I miss anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,099
[4HIM]
Members
3,244 posts
14,602 battles
6 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Also, it appears upgrades on all boats are 50% off (today, at least).

Did I miss anything?

If this is true, I have a few boats that I need to upgrade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,927
[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles
Just now, contag10n said:

100% XP bonus on first win as well

OK, looks like tonight's the night to brave Randoms, throw all the flags on the Fantasque, and go for it. I was going to leave it to the weekend and move up by inches, but if module slots are also 50% off then this is the time to move up to a T9.

Also, have we got any CB rental ships in port right now? Because it might also be nice to stash a half-price set away for the Minnesota when she turns up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
225
[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
612 posts
12,458 battles

Nope, rentals

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OK, looks like tonight's the night to brave Randoms, throw all the flags on the Fantasque, and go for it. I was going to leave it to the weekend and move up by inches, but if module slots are also 50% off then this is the time to move up to a T9.

Also, have we got any CB rental ships in port right now? Because it might also be nice to stash a half-price set away for the Minnesota when she turns up.

Nope rentals are gone. Shame, as usually you can pick up 3 ships worth of upgrades at 50% off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,934
[A-I-M]
Members
3,755 posts
14,688 battles
17 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Stealth Sale?

“Stealth sale?”

Blatant P2W!!! I’ve never seen anything so lowball, so destructive to the game as this, and for WG, that’s saying something! Imagine, selling improved concealment, in broad daylight like this!!! It breaks the game! If this is true, I’m out!!!!

 

This is worse than gold ammo.

(Where’s the sales page?? Can you stack more than one of these upgrades on a ship???? How much do they cost? I want!!!)

 

 

 

:Smile_trollface:

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,810
Members
1,869 posts
27,438 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Blatant P2W!!! I’ve never seen anything so lowball, so destructive to the game as this, and for WG, that’s saying something! Imagine, selling improved concealment, in broad daylight like this!!! It breaks the game! If this is true, I’m out!!!!

This is worse than gold ammo.

(Where’s the sales page?? Can you stack more than one of these upgrades on a ship???? How much do they cost? I want!!!)

Here's a rundown on other products you might find helpful:

https://www.drugs.com/condition/anxiety-stress.html

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
246
[PDCB]
Members
510 posts
9,201 battles

 

20 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Did I miss anything?

it's Thanksgiving bonuses and rewards, usually it lasts for the weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,927
[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles
4 minutes ago, contag10n said:

Nope rentals are gone. Shame, as usually you can pick up 3 ships worth of upgrades at 50% off

Oh well, so much for that. :Smile_sad:

No hurry anyway; I've still got something like 100K XP to go on her, crawling up to that goal at just under 2K a day. Playing the first battle for the extra 500XP and then switching to the grind du jour, although if I'm going to make a rush for the Mogador then the Kansas can swing around her buoy doing nothing for a day or two.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,934
[A-I-M]
Members
3,755 posts
14,688 battles
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

Here's a rundown on other products you might find helpful:

https://www.drugs.com/condition/anxiety-stress.html

Scroll down a bit on my opening post, see the trolling symbol big as day, and do something lewd to yourself with a turkey drumstick today.

And happy thanksgiving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,810
Members
1,869 posts
27,438 battles
6 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Scroll down a bit on my opening post, see the trolling symbol big as day, and do something lewd to yourself with a turkey drumstick today.

And happy thanksgiving.

Yes, I saw it... and decided to respond with subtlety. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,927
[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles

Speaking of sales, I think today's the last day for the ARP collab before it goes away again. Not advocating the ARP Yammy unless you're absolutely rolling in cash, familiar with high-tier BB play and think it's worth that much to skip the whole IJN BB grind; but if you want a premium Kongo or Myoko-class ship and are willing to pay the money, now's the time to grab them. If you are lucky enough to have the Musashi, you probably don't need another premium Yamato-class ship unless you specifically want it for Clan Battles and other Tier 10 shenanigans.

Maya and Takao are functionally identical to the always-available Atago and also more expensive, possibly because of the higher-point captains and event camos they're being sold with. I wouldn't go there if I were you unless the ARP aesthetic matters to you enough to pay the extra. If the Black Friday thing has the previous Black ships at a discount like it did last year, you can save even more on an Atago if you really want one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,934
[A-I-M]
Members
3,755 posts
14,688 battles
26 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Yes, I saw it... and decided to respond with subtlety. ;)

I’m having trouble with subtle today...

Loaded into a random just now, saw the 9 vs. 9 team size, and thought I was in co-op. Complained about making such a mistake in chat...I started ridiculing the team in chat for calling out caps and strategy in co-op...

Then I saw the names of the reds didn’t have colons at the beginning and end.

Shaped up in time to have three kills, finish top of the board, and get a dreadnaught achievement.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,934
[A-I-M]
Members
3,755 posts
14,688 battles
31 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Yes, I saw it... and decided to respond with subtlety. ;)

And by all means, don’t put any drumsticks anywhere you wouldn’t want your kids seeing you do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,927
[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles
9 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Loaded into a random just now, saw the 9 vs. 9 team size, and thought I was in co-op.

I've had that happen from time to time. Weird as heck, but interesting; it sort of turns it into an oversized Ranked battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,979
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Well as to PSAs ... the Legendary upgrades are coming to an end soon... at least the missions indicate this to be true. 

Thirty Five Days. I looked at them... calculated the time remaining versus what it would take to secure them. Nah, I'm good. 

But thought I'd remind everyone  else, you know? 

Only think lewd I'd do with a drumstick today is eat it. We're just having turkey breast. Wife's making some homemade pumpkin pies with graham cracker crusts. Yummers. 

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,810
Members
1,869 posts
27,438 battles

I DID, INDEED, MISS SOMETHING.....

If you're the kind of lunatic that exchanges gold for silver, then this crazy deal is for you:

You may exchange 1 doubloon for 2000 silver for the next four days. The regular, even crazier, deal is 1 gold for 1500 silver.

<who would even consider such a doofus exchange?>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,927
[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

How you know what age group someone's kids are in.

Guilty as charged. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,959 posts
43,496 battles
4 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

“Stealth sale?”

Blatant P2W!!! I’ve never seen anything so lowball, so destructive to the game as this, and for WG, that’s saying something! Imagine, selling improved concealment, in broad daylight like this!!! It breaks the game! If this is true, I’m out!!!!

 

This is worse than gold ammo.

(Where’s the sales page?? Can you stack more than one of these upgrades on a ship???? How much do they cost? I want!!!)

 

 

 

:Smile_trollface:

All those Stalingrad players just cracked open their wallets so they can get 2.3km surface spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,019 posts
11,730 battles

I have several ships waiting for this sale to be fully kitted out.  It has taken long enough to roll around that I had saved up enough credits to buy them all at full price, had I remembered!  This does at least prompt me into taking care of them, though.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×