You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
contag10n

Thanksgiving Day

25 comments in this topic

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
586 posts
12,271 battles

Today is the the day we in the U.S. set aside to give thanks for all good things big and small we have encountered over the year.

I want to thank WG for providing hours of fun gaming.

I want to thank all of the forum members for all the education, debate and entertainment I have received over the year.

I want to thank all the players I've met who have improved my gameplay and game experience.

2020 has been a challenging year in several ways, but it has been nice to know I can escape for a few hours and just blow up boats.

Here's hoping all of you have a great holiday season and a happy new year.

• Cool 16
  • Thanks 10

[WOLF5]
Members
1,247 posts
9,741 battles

Happy Thanksgiving and I wish you and yours a joyous and safe Holiday! 

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
Members
3,238 posts
13,937 battles

Happy Thanksgiving all.  Take some time and set aside the junk of 2020 and remember all we do have to be thankful for.  

• Cool 3

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
533 posts
4,994 battles

Heck yeah! Lets play some boats! :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

For most of America, Thanksgiving is a day to enjoy gathering with friends and relatives. Unfortunately, the current situation in the world has put a damper on the Holliday for many. There are going to be a lot of people sitting alone at home today, myself included. I don't really mind, being a solitary sort by nature, but let's not forget those who wish to be with others but can't. Of course, there are the "Scrooges" too who think that Thanksgiving should be banned because it celebrates colonization. To them I say that if they don't like it so much then they can go back to where their ancestors are from cause there ain't no humans native to the New Word -- we all colonized it at some point. Geologically-speaking, humans have inhabited the New World for about ten seconds.    

• Cool 7

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,102 posts
22,691 battles

Happy Thanksgiving Shipmates!

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,623 posts
17,232 battles

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone nomatter if we agree on these forums or not i wish you well and be safe out there...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
6,690 posts
11,681 battles

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving holiday.  

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,913 posts
12,325 battles

Happy Holidays Everyone!

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

For most of America, Thanksgiving is a day to enjoy gathering with friends and relatives. Unfortunately, the current situation in the world has put a damper on the Holliday for many. There are going to be a lot of people sitting alone at home today, myself included. I don't really mind, being a solitary sort by nature, but let's not forget those who wish to be with others but can't. Of course, there are the "Scrooges" too who think that Thanksgiving should be banned because it celebrates colonization. To them I say that if they don't like it so much then they can go back to where their ancestors are from cause there ain't no humans native to the New Word -- we all colonized it at some point. Geologically-speaking, humans have inhabited the New World for about ten seconds.    

As someone with Native American strands, Thanksgiving doesn't represents colonization. The world is too small to remain the same. To me, Thanksgiving is a day of recognition that we have diversity, and through sharing and caring, we address that diversity; even if we don't like each other. This day is the day we acknowledge we are human beings, and above our phobias and inhibitions. While being human doesn't mean look the same, think the same or had the same opportunities; we were all created the same way. And while some of you don't even believe in the one creator, I do: were still human.

Therefore, I thank God for us reaching this point in life, in civilization, for a happy Thanksgiving! Today, Tomorrow, and God willing for the futures to come. In to the creator of the Heavens and the Earth I give praise...

Travel safe, Cook Safe, Eat Safe, Drink Safe for all of our sake...

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 3

[META_]
Members
1,623 posts
17,232 battles
8 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Happy Holidays Everyone!

As someone with Native American strands, Thanksgiving doesn't represents colonization. The world is too small to remain the same. To me, Thanksgiving is a day of recognition that we have diversity, and through sharing and caring, we address that diversity; even if we don't like each other. This day is the day we acknowledge we are human beings, and above our phobias and inhibitions. While being human doesn't mean look the same, think the same or had the same opportunities; we were all created the same way. And while some of you don't even believe in the one creator, I do: were still human.

Therefore, I thank God for us reaching this point in life, in civilization, for a happy Thanksgiving! Today, Tomorrow, and God willing for the futures to come. In to the creator of the Heavens and the Earth I give praise...

I love the points you made about all of us together and not just one nation or color....As of right now we only have one planet to live on and we need to be thankful and learn to coincide with each other...God bless...

• Thanks 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

As someone with Native American strands, Thanksgiving doesn't represents colonization.

I don't have any direct Indian heritage, as I was adopted when my Dad was stationed in Germany, but my Great Grandpa and Grandpa were both born in the Choctaw Nation before it was Oklahoma. Grandpa's cousin married the daughter of the chief of the Choctaw Nation so I've got a lot of Indian cousins. As far as I know, they all celebrate Thanksgiving. A local fellow just stopped by to deliver me a Thanksgiving meal, he's Apache. Thanksgiving is an American holiday.  If you are an American then celebrate it. Hell, celebrate it no matter what country you are from if you want as it's really just another type of harvest festival. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,733 posts
15,778 battles
1 hour ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I am especially thankful for my wife, who does not mind too much when I am “battleshipping.”

Yep. 

Mine is very tolerant of my purchases in this game. She hunts down copies of books she loved as a child, to read to our children, and some of them can be very difficult to find and expensive when they appear.

I should have whaled the Benham. I could have whaled the Benham. I told myself no pixel boat could be worth what I would have to pay and didn't whale the Benham, but I was wrong. As a result, I curse myself to this day even as I pray to RNGesus for a supercontainer to be kind to me. :Smile_veryhappy:

[CO-OP]
Members
2,061 posts
26,132 battles
4 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Abraham Lincoln established this national day of thanksgiving, in the middle of the most tumultuous time in U.S. history.  I hope that everyone, regardless of nationality, takes a moment to reflect, and give thanks to those we honor, the things we cherish, and pay tribute to the codes we live by.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

• Cool 1