You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ericrubel

Worcester expenses are... significant

12 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
1,245 battles

maybe I'm just new and not skilled enough... but without the permanent paint job the Worcester loses silver unless you absolutely reign supreme.  Maybe an issue with my skill level... but it does seem excessive.  IDK just throwing it out there.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,438 posts
22,640 battles
17 minutes ago, ericrubel said:

maybe I'm just new and not skilled enough... but without the permanent paint job the Worcester loses silver unless you absolutely reign supreme.  Maybe an issue with my skill level... but it does seem excessive.  IDK just throwing it out there.

Just think we used to pay 110k just for premium consumables.....

• Funny 1

Members
21 posts
1,245 battles
Just now, dEsTurbed1 said:

Just think we used to pay 110k just for premium consumables.....

that was before my time most likely... and again i may just need to up my skills... but the wooster consumables are easily worth 120k and I dare say Ive never lost silver in another ship... another given... my first t10... but a an OG clan member told me the worcester costs were so high they seemed broken even compared to other t10's.  but i was reduced to ignoring the ship until CB's lol.  

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,438 posts
22,640 battles
6 minutes ago, ericrubel said:

that was before my time most likely... and again i may just need to up my skills... but the wooster consumables are easily worth 120k and I dare say Ive never lost silver in another ship... another given... my first t10... but a an OG clan member told me the worcester costs were so high they seemed broken even compared to other t10's.  but i was reduced to ignoring the ship until CB's lol.  

Remember the high ROF = high ammo costs...

Unless you rock a fairly high damage game, you'll lose money.

[RLGN]
Members
15,488 posts
27,194 battles

Play mine in Co-op with PT, expendable camo, and signals, and most of the time end in the black. (To me, 1 credit is better than any result in the negative.)

But then I’ve been playing for five years; so make of that what you will.

Of course I sucked when I had to use it recently in Randoms, but whatever. Don’t much intend to do so again anyway.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,749 posts
4,272 battles

Yes, and it isn't only Wooster. All T9 and T10 ships are designed to be very expensive to play unless you have the perma camo or premium, or are very good. This is intentional to encourage people to play lower tiers as well. The idea was originally that people had to play the more profitable lower tiers to pay for high tiers to maintain a healthy population at all tiers. With the influx of high tier premiums that's kind of gone out the window, but the economy still stands. So you can either pay WG real money, or you can play lower tiers to make up the cash difference. It does help the tier balance, and it also encourages people to pay, which I don't mind. WG has to make money somewhere, and if you want to play solely T10 having to pay real money to do so seems fair to me.

Of course the other option is to "git gud" (very good actually) and always make a profit, but that's difficult unless you're really dedicated.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,416 posts
10,773 battles
1 hour ago, ericrubel said:

Tier Xs are expensive to run without permanent camo by design. One reason is to encourage you to buy the permanent camo with its significant service cost reduction, another is to populate the lower tiers while you earn credits to play said tier X. That being said... given your number of battles, you might have progressed too quickly, perhaps focusing on one line at the expense of others. When I started I spent a lot of time in the low and middle tiers working on several lines to get a feel for how different ships play. This also taught me how to play against various classes and lines of ships and gave me plenty of time to become familiar and comfortable with game mechanics prior jumping into the deep end at high tiers.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
21 posts
1,245 battles
20 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Tier Xs are expensive to run without permanent camo by design. One reason is to encourage you to buy the permanent camo with its significant service cost reduction, another is to populate the lower tiers while you earn credits to play said tier X. That being said... given your number of battles, you might have progressed too quickly, perhaps focusing on one line at the expense of others. When I started I spent a lot of time in the low and middle tiers working on several lines to get a feel for how different ships play. This also taught me how to play against various classes and lines of ships and gave me plenty of time to become familiar and comfortable with game mechanics prior jumping into the deep end at high tiers.

i did pinhole into american light cruisers heavily.  the goal was to be more relevant in clan battles as a newer player, and not be limited to rentals.  but yeah 100% have been working through multiple lines now that i achieved that, and have noticed new skill sets developing.  good call.

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,710 battles

Your a prime example of why rushing to tier 10 before your ready is a very bad idea. You have only played 400 battles total in pvp and you used free xp on some of the ships in the line to get to the Worcester. It takes time to learn maps and learn what your ships are capable of and were you should take them on the map, Rushing to t10 and throwing yourself in with people with 1000's of games played at the most punishing tier is not going to go well for you. Worcester would have to be one of the worse ships to play as your first tier 10 because if you misplay her your often punished very hard.

Best thing you can do is step back from tier 10 and play some lower tiers till you do well there then start moving up in tiers. If your super impatient and really really want to play tier 10 then i would say go to youtube and find some good players to watch playing the ship you want to play and learn from them.

Members
21 posts
1,245 battles
22 hours ago, EraserNZ1 said:

Your a prime example of why rushing to tier 10 before your ready is a very bad idea. You have only played 400 battles total in pvp and you used free xp on some of the ships in the line to get to the Worcester. It takes time to learn maps and learn what your ships are capable of and were you should take them on the map, Rushing to t10 and throwing yourself in with people with 1000's of games played at the most punishing tier is not going to go well for you. Worcester would have to be one of the worse ships to play as your first tier 10 because if you misplay her your often punished very hard.

Best thing you can do is step back from tier 10 and play some lower tiers till you do well there then start moving up in tiers. If your super impatient and really really want to play tier 10 then i would say go to youtube and find some good players to watch playing the ship you want to play and learn from them.

this is spot on... i absolutely rushed to tier ten because i wanted to be able to contribute to clan battles- which did pay off... my contributions to each battle increased significantly... the rentals were just not comparable to my play style... i will definitely be moving back to fundamentals... and the next clan season being t8 will keep me from getting too big for my britches.  But that success was limited to clan battles, where i did well following orders and receiving directive through comms... took me a while to get warmed up in randoms.  I have since picked up the camo, lol.  Now I'm grinding back all my spent converted XP and trying to come up the right way, thanks the advice of players like you folks.  Concerning the the youtube research.. also spot on... before I owned my own t10... i was averaging 20k maybe per clan battles (I got a clan invite 3 weeks after I started playing lol, gimme a break), after reading and watching a lot about the wooster before I decided to convert I think my first 3 battles were 70k-80k+ and the 4th match I hit 114K.  so yeah anybody reading this, do your research.  Any way because of that I was full aware of her blappiness.  So luckily I ended up not wasting that commitment.  Also lucky enough to have clan mentors who ran some battles with me to warm up.  Without all that though I would have been matchstick out there though.

Members
21 posts
1,245 battles
On 11/25/2020 at 11:18 PM, AJTP89 said:

Of course the other option is to "git gud" (very good actually) and always make a profit, but that's difficult unless you're really dedicated.

no doubt...  luckily my clan OG's are always down for training and division work if i need it.  I'm happy with how I'm progressing for being very new.  and every cluster of battles I do I start to look at my original post as whiny.