Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
splavacodo

My version of a CV/AA rework.

6 comments in this topic

[TSIOF]
Members
2 posts
4,960 battles

So after finishing the last Clan Battle season, and seeing what carriers can do I came up with a Idea about possibly reworking CVs and AA at the same time.

-All ship) So the rework to AA is kinda simplistic Just buff it to the point, if the carrier just fly`s in a straight line to a "AA" spec`d ship it losses like a quarter to half a squadron before getting a drop off. Also all ship will get a boost to their AA and additional flak bursts. to counter CVs. Also remove defensive AA(Keep reading) and buff the reinforced sector. 

-CV) so obviously to Counter that, The CVs will get a modified plane replenishment rate, I also propose a new consumable skill for CVs called "evasive maneuvers" with a animation that shows the squadron scattering to dodge flak bursts, what I want this to do is give the planes a temporary reduction in damage taken, and give it a short cooldown of like 20 seconds and make it like the damage control consumable, when this consumable is active while the CV is in the middle of their attack run it makes the drop less accurate like the old defensive AA.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,382 posts
1,842 battles

Sounds like an interesting idea however you will see anything that buffs CV would make CV haters whining even more :fish_palm: Evasive maneuvers sounds very interesting as well :fish_book:

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
2 hours ago, splavacodo said:

So after finishing the last Clan Battle season, and seeing what carriers can do I came up with a Idea about possibly reworking CVs and AA at the same time.

-All ship) So the rework to AA is kinda simplistic Just buff it to the point, if the carrier just fly`s in a straight line to a "AA" spec`d ship it losses like a quarter to half a squadron before getting a drop off. Also all ship will get a boost to their AA and additional flak bursts. to counter CVs. Also remove defensive AA(Keep reading) and buff the reinforced sector. 

-CV) so obviously to Counter that, The CVs will get a modified plane replenishment rate, I also propose a new consumable skill for CVs called "evasive maneuvers" with a animation that shows the squadron scattering to dodge flak bursts, what I want this to do is give the planes a temporary reduction in damage taken, and give it a short cooldown of like 20 seconds and make it like the damage control consumable, when this consumable is active while the CV is in the middle of their attack run it makes the drop less accurate like the old defensive AA.

its a good idea..worth trying since the current meta to counter a CV is just " Dodge " there is no such a thing as a AA anymore after the re work because you will still get dropped.

Members
3 posts
946 battles
On 11/25/2020 at 11:15 PM, 9TenSix2Eight said:

its a good idea..worth trying since the current meta to counter a CV is just " Dodge " there is no such a thing as a AA anymore after the re work because you will still get dropped.

Still get dropped? I main CV's t10 and all some ships you stay away from of course but most aa now adays is 80 points plus in a t10 random or ranked. in my opinion let the ships keep thier high aa just take priority aa away and the aa buff module that u can just go click press a button and erases a squad of 12 planes due to DOT not even the flak clouds. People are on so perinoid about CV's they only work towards heavy aa ships now. I've seen a desmoins dodge me in a bbs 10km range just to not get hit by me to only then show full on broadside to that bb and get killed instantly. I play other types of ships too id rather take those bombs or torps then show broad side to another ship weather im in a bb or a CA.

• Haha 1

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
21 hours ago, coolj102 said:

Still get dropped? I main CV's t10 and all some ships you stay away from of course but most aa now adays is 80 points plus in a t10 random or ranked. in my opinion let the ships keep thier high aa just take priority aa away and the aa buff module that u can just go click press a button and erases a squad of 12 planes due to DOT not even the flak clouds. People are on so perinoid about CV's they only work towards heavy aa ships now. I've seen a desmoins dodge me in a bbs 10km range just to not get hit by me to only then show full on broadside to that bb and get killed instantly. I play other types of ships too id rather take those bombs or torps then show broad side to another ship weather im in a bb or a CA.

i was reading your reply but then i look at your........... and now i understand why . :cap_like: Goodluck.

Members
90 posts
10,862 battles

I think the only things that CVs need to be balanced is a +/-1 tier spread.

Two tiers down and they are a bit strong. Two tiers up and they are not strong enough.

There is a two tier  gap between them that would be covered by the CV below or above the two tier spread.

Sign in to follow this