You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

New Coal Ships Coming Out Next?

28 comments in this topic

Members
99 posts
3,081 battles

I don't know but this game does a pretty poor job of keeping its players updated on what's going on.

I'm pretty sure I'm subscribed to every channel there is pertaining to world of warships, as a whole they give about a quarter of the information their sister game world of tanks does. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,263 battles

Flint, Black and Neutrashimy are supposed to be added for coal eventually after being removed from being avaible for steel. That's all I personally know about.

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,780 posts
6,528 battles

Hopefully Z-44 becomes a new coal ship... or a FXP one. That's on my wishlist, lol. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Members
1,879 posts
27,500 battles

It could be the (probably Tier 5) USS Vestal (AR-4) that sails along in close proximity to ships and slowly repairs them, gaining XP from the repair counts. As it was originally a collier, it would be apropos.

Edited by theLaalaa

[K-POP]
Members
4,803 posts
13,231 battles

Flint/Black/Neustrashimy are already confirmed to be coming back for coal at some point, but there's no indication of when. I did see a screenshot of Neustrashimy dropping in a SC on the current PTS, and since steel ships were never included in the SC ship lists to my knowledge, this could be an indication that the steel ships will be returning soon (or it could just mean that they'll be in the santa crate list next month).

Of the remaining high tier WIP ships, really any of them could be coal or fxp. Hizen has already been confirmed as the Christmas dockyard ship, but with Smaland getting removed I could see Vampire II taking its place as a fxp ship since they have similar roles (DD hunters). There's been a few guesses that Marco Polo could be a coal ship, both to keep two coal t9 BBs available (and since JB was added, we've pretty much always had two t9 coal BBs in the armory at any given time) and to line up with an Italian line release (in this case BBs) like Pommern did with the KM CVs and Smaland with the EU DDs. Plymouth is also a decent contender for coal since it would be the only UK coal ship available once Thunderer is pulled.

The two other DDs (the Russian t10 DD R10 and the German t9 Z43) I'd expect will probably be steel or coal, since we just got a RB DD recently and the only coal and steel DDs have been around a while. Of course, that is also dependent on what Vampire II is available for and when the two removed steel t9s come back. There's also a chance one of them could be a dockyard ship since we haven't had any dockyard DDs yet.

Kitakami is also coming eventually (at least it hasn't been shelved again as of the last I heard), and part of me is hoping it's either steel or RB. If it becomes a coal or fxp ship it will probably be similar to the 2-3 Smolensks per side every battle rounds we had last summer, and even more people flinging long range torps around everywhere with the high team damage potential that brings. If it's one of the more gated currencies, fewer people would have it, and while they'd likely be better players at least they'd hopefully know how to not long range torp their allies.

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
15,516 posts
27,239 battles
6 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

It could be the (probably Tier 5) USS Vestal (AR-4) that sails along in close proximity to ships and slowly repairs them, gaining XP from the repair counts. As it was originally a collier, it would be apropos.

lol

That would be a hoot.

What would people hate more; CVs? Or a ship that could reverse all the effort they put into trying to sink something?

• Haha 1

[BGA]
Members
69 posts
17,416 battles
2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Kitakami is also coming eventually (at least it hasn't been shelved again as of the last I heard), and part of me is hoping it's either steel or RB. If it becomes a coal or fxp ship it will probably be similar to the 2-3 Smolensks per side every battle rounds we had last summer, and even more people flinging long range torps around everywhere with the high team damage potential that brings. If it's one of the more gated currencies, fewer people would have it, and while they'd likely be better players at least they'd hopefully know how to not long range torp their allies.

On the Twitch steam about a month ago they said Kitakami is not likely to make it into the game.  Didn't sound like it tested well.  I believe it was removed from testing too.  Though what they say changes so who knows.

Members
845 posts
3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

fewer people would have it, and while they'd likely be better players at least they'd hopefully know how to not long range torp their allies.

wows stated they fixed the bug that causes torps to go at a different angle than aimed...knew that was never my fault ...

[K-POP]
Members
4,803 posts
13,231 battles
1 hour ago, arch4random said:

wows stated they fixed the bug that causes torps to go at a different angle than aimed...knew that was never my fault ...

And that has nothing to do with people long range torping allies. We already have 20km Shimas launching from the second line, and I've seen  plenty of 20km Yoshinos turn pink from the same or similar things. The bug was only in this patch, teamkilling and team damage from randomly spraying long range torps behind allies has been around for years.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,632 posts
16,106 battles

Flint Black and probably Neustrashimy are going to come back as coal ship (we don't know the price yet tho).

There are quite a lot of ship currently in testing so maybe one of these will become coal ship but WG made a lot of different currency, it's not easy to guess what ship will be sold in what currency

[ARGSY]
Members
23,058 posts
17,048 battles
3 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Plymouth is also a decent contender for coal since it would be the only UK coal ship available once Thunderer is pulled.

There is Campbeltown at Tier 3, but since she is an extremely gimped British-flagged T3 Wickes, I would not recommend her except to the completionist and the low tier beginner who has the coal for her and desperately, DESPERATELY wants a premium British DD with which to retrain his Medea captain to the Valkyrie and then the Wakeful and learn how it's done.

[PHD]
Members
265 posts
8,333 battles
3 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Flint, Black and Neutrashimy are supposed to be added for coal eventually after being removed from being avaible for steel. That's all I personally know about.

I wonder if this will eventually happen with Stalingrad.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
4 hours ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

Anyone know the next iteration of coals ships? Thanks in advance...

Keep your eye on the Dev blog. You can see the new ships being tested there. Best guess on what will be the currency.

[USN]
Members
1,483 posts
20,248 battles

What we know:

Flint, Black, and Neustrashimy will return for coal, but when is another question. Judging from a post last weekend someone got one from a supercontainer on the 9.11-9.12 PTS, by guess would be sometime soon.

T9-10 ships in testing/about to enter testing

Vampire II: could directly replace Smaland for Free XP, seeing both are best in an anti-DD role
Marco Polo: could directly replace Georgia for coal, and makes sense being coal or Free XP considering Yolo Emilio exists for RP, and Marco is a much better captain trainer for Italian lines than Paolo ever will be (unless RM DDs go her route)
Plymouth: A worse Mino with Worcester radar AND British smoke and AP, but the RN is in in dire need of a light cruiser premium that meshes well with the line, so her being coal makes sense

R-10: No idea if she'll be released. She could either be a stand alone premium to coincide with Marceau, a Khaba replacement, or a testbed to see if they can have a DD go 50knts covered with 50mm plating and be immune to BB AP, and seeing Khaba will soon become BB AP immune, I'll guess that test was successful, and R-10 may never be seen again. Although modelling different 130m shells for her when you could just use one of the other 6 Soviet 130mm guns used by their DDs for a DD BB AP test seems odd.

Kitakami: If this is coal, imagine the Smolensk firestorm, but underwater and far worse. Worse because cancerous torp spam, worse because team damage. At least everything about Kitakami except number of torpedoes is complete garbage

So of the current test ships, I'd likely suspect Plymouth and Marco Polo to be coal ships

[X-PN]
Members
1,517 posts
11,992 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

What we know:

Flint, Black, and Neustrashimy will return for coal, but when is another question. Judging from a post last weekend someone got one from a supercontainer on the 9.11-9.12 PTS, by guess would be sometime soon.

T9-10 ships in testing/about to enter testing

Vampire II: could directly replace Smaland for Free XP, seeing both are best in an anti-DD role
Marco Polo: could directly replace Georgia for coal, and makes sense being coal or Free XP considering Yolo Emilio exists for RP, and Marco is a much better captain trainer for Italian lines than Paolo ever will be (unless RM DDs go her route)
Plymouth: A worse Mino with Worcester radar AND British smoke and AP, but the RN is in in dire need of a light cruiser premium that meshes well with the line, so her being coal makes sense

R-10: No idea if she'll be released. She could either be a stand alone premium to coincide with Marceau, a Khaba replacement, or a testbed to see if they can have a DD go 50knts covered with 50mm plating and be immune to BB AP, and seeing Khaba will soon become BB AP immune, I'll guess that test was successful, and R-10 may never be seen again. Although modelling different 130m shells for her when you could just use one of the other 6 Soviet 130mm guns used by their DDs for a DD BB AP test seems odd.

Kitakami: If this is coal, imagine the Smolensk firestorm, but underwater and far worse. Worse because cancerous torp spam, worse because team damage. At least everything about Kitakami except number of torpedoes is complete garbage

So of the current test ships, I'd likely suspect Plymouth and Marco Polo to be coal ships

Vampire as proposed would hardly be any better of a DD hunter than Gearing would... The gun DPM is about the same as Gearing and it loses half it's torps compared to Daring... in exchange for crawling smoke.  They would have to get the gun reload closer to it's sister Daring before I consider that a fair trade.

Plymouth will be deadly to DDs, but not much else at T10... it seems like rough match making for non super heal Edinburgh hull.

I do hope R10 makes an appearance.  Since they haven't shown much interest in undoing the Nerf hammering to Khaba, R10 seems like a sensible follow on to the Tashkent... Right now the trashcan is a better boat than the Khaba.

Still hoping one day we will see a T10 Buffalo, a T9/10 Mainz, USS Hull with 3 x 203s , or this...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARC_7_de_Agosto_(D-06)

[RLGN]
Members
15,516 posts
27,239 battles
4 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

And that has nothing to do with people long range torping allies. We already have 20km Shimas launching from the second line, and I've seen  plenty of 20km Yoshinos turn pink from the same or similar things. The bug was only in this patch, teamkilling and team damage from randomly spraying long range torps behind allies has been around for years.

Had somebody carping I was using the 20k Shima torps in some randoms I needed to play recently. (Have since switched to the 8k because better in Co-op.)

Thing is, I kited and torped and hit a bunch of Red flankers that game, and actually did pretty good with those torps.

[RLGN]
Members
15,516 posts
27,239 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There is Campbeltown at Tier 3, but since she is an extremely gimped British-flagged T3 Wickes, I would not recommend her except to the completionist and the low tier beginner who has the coal for her and desperately, DESPERATELY wants a premium British DD with which to retrain his Medea captain to the Valkyrie and then the Wakeful and learn how it's done.

I like Campy...

But then I’ve been playing for five years and know about making such ships work at least somewhat better than their rep might indicate.

24 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Since they haven't shown much interest in undoing the Nerf hammering to Khaba...

Has Khab always been such a pig? Didn’t get her until last year’s snowflake event, presumably long after she got bashed.

I like the ship in general, but there are times I wonder if it even HAS a rudder.

Have the 20% mod equipped, but either can’t equip the other, or didn’t think it worth losing what it replaces.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[K-POP]
Members
4,803 posts
13,231 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Had somebody carping I was using the 20k Shima torps in some randoms I needed to play recently. (Have since switched to the 8k because better in Co-op.)

Thing is, I kited and torped and hit a bunch of Red flankers that game, and actually did pretty good with those torps.

If you know how to use them, that's fine. I was more referring to the Shimas that sit behind their BBs and cruisers "because I have long range torpedoes" and fire at targets on the other side of said BBs/cruisers, or the ones that get onto one flank to drop torps, but drop them in the direction of their team's other flank and complain when a few minutes later they end up hitting a teammate.

6 hours ago, WM1957 said:

I wonder if this will eventually happen with Stalingrad.

Looking at stats and spreadsheets (like WG loves to), I'd say that's pretty unlikely. Flint/Black/Neustrashimy were removed from sale as steel ships because they weren't popular picks for that currency and competed with the t10 ships for limited amounts of steel. Stalingrad has always been a pretty popular steel pick (especially as one of the recommended first steel ships in a lot of threads) and as a t10 doesn't have the same 'competing for a rare currency' aspect that the t7/9 steel ships had.

As someone whose clan is only semi-competitive, I tend to only get a steel ship once every 12-18 months depending on CB seasons and teams, but I still build up steel and get said steel ships that interest me when I have enough. I'd personally be fine if WG decides to use steel as an initial limited access currency for those ships and then after a year or two rotates them out to become coal ships (so the players that don't play competitive modes still have a chance to get them eventually if they want to), but for the t10s I don't see WG removing them from sale unless they're permanently pulling them. After all, they're still one of the main things WG has to try and get as many people playing ranked and CBs as they can.

[K-POP]
Members
4,803 posts
13,231 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Completely forgot Campbeltown for coal was a thing. But in my post, I was referring more to high tier coal ships since those are the ships people tend to spend their coal on.

[SIM]
Members
5,751 posts
9,263 battles

Has anyone seen Flint or Black drop from a PTS Supercontainer? There was talk not long after they were pulled that they may not actually make it back into rotation, and it would be nice if someone had seen them since.