Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Oklahoma

20 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,913 posts
18,121 battles

Okay got my OK today. One game in random and I agree with what I have read others say. It is a coop ship under current build. The MB reload alone is what determines that. I'm glad I have her though for historical purposes. 

• Cool 2

[CRF]
Members
954 posts
8,934 battles
12 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Okay got my OK today. One game in random and I agree with what I have read others say. It is a coop ship under current build. The MB reload alone is what determines that. I'm glad I have her though for historical purposes. 

and it will be good for a snowflake...

and if it had some speed, it could be a good ramming ship...

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
178 posts
10,306 battles

Got mine last night and am playing it like the Kansas.  Stay at range (got the MB range booster) and aim for BBs and cruisers.  I don't really bother with DDs. Played one match last night and came in fourth in a win.  They should buff the reload  - no need for it to be 40 sec.  Should be 30 like most American BBs. I heard it should be a secondary build but I don't agree.  Prefer to use other skills/builds than that. But I do like the historical factor.  Hoping for a Nevada or Pennsylvania at some point.

[HELLS]
Members
2,789 posts
30,102 battles

Texas is better IMHO. At least they could have made her an equal. Four seconds off the reload and identical dispersion and sigma would go a long way. Asking too much i guess. I agree with the OP's assessment. Co-op only. ''Free'' Premium ships...

[USCG]
Members
737 posts
22,555 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Spot on! The direction WGing is taking the new US BBs (slow everything) is horrible for gameplay and just isn’t fun, in my opinion. 

Not sure what they were thinking...

Members
1,870 posts
27,464 battles
14 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Not sure what they were thinking...

You misspelled "if."

• Haha 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,275 posts

I'll have the Texas push this thing into combat . Lol. It's way too slow and it's RL is so anemic for T5.

WG you so silly.

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
38 posts
9,888 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I don't believe the Okie is viable even as a coop ship!  I would play my Texas instead.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
381 posts
3,236 battles
59 minutes ago, Versili said:

I'll have the Texas push this thing into combat . Lol. It's way too slow and it's RL is so anemic for T5.

WG you so silly.

Forget that.  Strip the wall of skill off of several fast movers and have them tow her around!

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
3 hours ago, Mustang2209 said:

Got mine last night and am playing it like the Kansas.  Stay at range (got the MB range booster) and aim for BBs and cruisers.  I don't really bother with DDs. Played one match last night and came in fourth in a win.  They should buff the reload  - no need for it to be 40 sec.  Should be 30 like most American BBs. I heard it should be a secondary build but I don't agree.  Prefer to use other skills/builds than that. But I do like the historical factor.  Hoping for a Nevada or Pennsylvania at some point.

Exactly.  Absolutely no reason to play Oklahoma over New York or Texas.

Some are recommending secondary build for Oklahoma as the only one being really viable/fun.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,239 posts
12,097 battles
2 hours ago, Tachnechdorus said:

I play it when in the mood. still it's a nice looking ship.............

I agree It really is a nice looking ship .

[CK5]
Members
1,519 posts
16,270 battles
3 hours ago, Mustang2209 said:

Got mine last night and am playing it like the Kansas.  

You play the Oklahoma AND the Kansas?  You have my sympathy, sir. 

• Funny 2

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
744 posts
10,074 battles
3 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I'd say there's room for even more enjoyment.  Get the California in as a third in this rotation!  
I think I'll actually give that a go once I get the Oklahoma in my fleet.  

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,275 posts
1 hour ago, Duma said:

Forget that.  Strip the wall of skill off of several fast movers and have them tow her around!

Lol too funny .....but true.

I actually have over a million xp earned on the Colorado. I can play slow BBs with ease. You can spank alot of ships in them.  But the O.K. just feels so ........ Dare I say it ... mediocre. Don't get me wrong her secondary bats are nice at T5. Her gums pack a punch too.

Again WG,  Y U do dis?.

Edited by Versili

[PVE]
Members
381 posts
3,236 battles

On a serious note.  I don't play randoms but I find the Okiehoma acceptable in coop.  The speed is a real drag.  She isn't a super "reach" for but I will take her out periodically.

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
178 posts
10,306 battles
2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

LOL - not really.  Got both for free and just wanted to try them.  Unless they get their reload buffed, probably end up port queens. I prefer the other USA BBs like the Iowa and Montana.  I also have the other premium USA BBs because I'm a student of WWII and love the history behind these ships.

Members
203 posts
5,549 battles

The Oklahoma, being a ship that everyone can get, cannot be made too good, else no one will play anything else.  This is the hallmark of any free ship (Krispy Kreme, anyone?)  Making the reload 34 seconds and her speed sub-20 kts is enough to ensure she's too weak to destroy game balance.

So I have her, I played her. It's a lot of work just to get a bad score.  I will put that 6-pt captain into my NY.

Edited by Tigerspook

[R-F]
Members
137 posts
9,320 battles

What I don't get is why they didn't give Oklahoma the same shells as the Texas/New York as they are the same guns. The difference in penetration is so absurd despite ballistics being the exact same. 

image.png

Sign in to follow this