You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lancelot0001

When will be Black Friday in WoWs?

46 comments in this topic

[AZUR1]
Members
191 posts
4,455 battles

Feels like every other companies are doing Black Friday sale now

And WG is still waiting for the actual Black Friday.

What do you plan to buy ? (games or hardware or something else)

[ARGSY]
Members
22,995 posts
17,020 battles
5 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

And WG is still waiting for the actual Black Friday.

Wise of it, in my opinion. I mean, eventually it's going to become Black Week just by powercreep, but until then I'm inclined to go with doing it on the actual day.

6 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

What do you plan to buy ?

Last year I got the Asashio B to see what the fuss was all about, and because she was a previous-year ship she had a discount on her.

I also considered buying the Atago B, but I hadn't long ago bought the HSF Harekaze and I figured two premium ship buys close together was probably enough for a while. So my plan was to defer the Atago B and pick her up this year, but I was also planning to get the Kaga, having won two rental periods already. Now that they are offering the Kaga B, I consider it worth my while to wait and see:

1) Is she cheaper than the standard Kaga?

2) Can I win her from a non-premium crate by some stupid stroke of luck?

3) Which of the two do I really want or need more?

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Myself, debating the purchase of an LED TV, 48 to 55 inch, for wall mount... then wireless feed to it from laptop. Not sure how much lag would be involved or if it would be enough of an issue to not do it. 

As to the Black Kaga... I already have a Kaga, there's no reason to own a second now, is there? 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[NOVEL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,938 battles

I rather think about spending $99 on a full year Humble Choice from humblebundle.com before I drop more money into WoWs.

Also: I have all those ships as regular premium, there is no need for a second one. I played more or less the same 10 ships from my 320 for most of the last year.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,995 posts
17,020 battles
11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

As to the Black Kaga... I already have a Kaga, there's no reason to own a second now, is there? 

Only if you're convinced that setting one up to favour torpedo bombers and the other to favour, say, bombers or rocket fighters, is a worthwhile thing. Given that Kaga is the only IJN CV that has HE bombs, I could understand someone wanting to have a divergent and specialized ship and captain setup which favoured that.

However, it's not as critical as a Graf Zeppelin/GZ Black dichotomy in which one is meme-specced heavily towards her gun armament and the other to favour her air group - and the same goes for secondary vs. general spec of any of the Black battleships (Scharn, Tirpitz, Massachusetts, and soon Jean Bart). Maybe Atago if you really can't decide between double rudder or full concealment build, or frequently feel the desire to switch between them and don't want to go pulling modules off all the time. If Ranked Battles were still exclusively a Tier 8 affair it might be worth having both setups 24/7, but that ship has long since sailed (pun intended).

I have yet to meet anyone who has demonstrated a convincing NEED to own both versions of the Sims, Asashio or Cossack in terms of divergent builds, though. I'm not saying such builds don't exist or can't be justified, just that I haven't seen anyone loudly championing them from the rooftops.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
4,994 posts
22,027 battles
1 hour ago, Lancelot0001 said:

What do you plan to buy ? (games or hardware or something else)

Just did yesterday:  M&P 9mm  -  a black Friday sales Monday because they are going to be shut down BCO the pandemic.  I don't expect to see anyone opened Friday.....

As far as the game, I really don't know>?  I'm not sure I need anything this week.  I will spend coal when the coupons come out.  Doubloons on the dockyard.  And, only if something screams "buy me now doofus!"  and, I can't see anything other than the Musashi doing that.....

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Only if you're convinced that setting one up to favour torpedo bombers and the other to favour, say, bombers or rocket fighters, is a worthwhile thing. Given that Kaga is the only IJN CV that has HE bombs, I could understand someone wanting to have a divergent and specialized ship and captain setup which favoured that.

However, it's not as critical as a Graf Zeppelin/GZ Black dichotomy in which one is meme-specced heavily towards her gun armament and the other to favour her air group - and the same goes for secondary vs. general spec of any of the Black battleships (Scharn, Tirpitz, Massachusetts, and soon Jean Bart). Maybe Atago if you really can't decide between double rudder or full concealment build, or frequently feel the desire to switch between them and don't want to go pulling modules off all the time. If Ranked Battles were still exclusively a Tier 8 affair it might be worth having both setups 24/7, but that ship has long since sailed (pun intended).

I have yet to meet anyone who has demonstrated a convincing NEED to own both versions of the Sims, Asashio or Cossack in terms of divergent builds, though. I'm not saying such builds don't exist or can't be justified, just that I haven't seen anyone loudly championing them from the rooftops.

Okay, now there's a view I did not rightly consider. Probably because, if I took one of my ships out, say the JB, no matter which way I spec'd one in the current battle I'd need the other version! :cap_haloween:

I do like this forum; it helps in seeing other viewpoints, reasons for things. Thanks! 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,995 posts
17,020 battles
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Probably because, if I took one of my ships out, say the JB, no matter which way I spec'd one in the current battle I'd need the other version! :cap_haloween:

Sod's Law of Odds: All life is six to five against.

If I got the JB Black for free in a non-premium crate (by some obscene amount of luck), I'd set her up as a regular battleship with Aiming Systems Mod 1 in slot 3 and the main-battery rate of fire mod in slot six. My Richelieu captain, built towards survivability in the current captain skill scheme, would go in her, and she would be my Randoms/Ranked mount. The original would stay as my French secondary ribbon farming tool in co-op, which is what I originally spent the coal for and what she does well.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[RVNHQ]
Members
372 posts
11,029 battles

I don't plan on buying anything until we get more news.

With the return of a previously pulled ship I'm expecting WG will switch it up this year and lock Jean Bart B behind loot boxes.

Edited by Beleaf_

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,196 posts
16,981 battles

@Herr_Reitz and @Ensign_Cthulhu

There is one other factor, event rewards.  For this years Snow Flake Event, IF I recall correctly, it's going to be 750 coal to win a battle in a T8 this year.  They may also do some other event, like with the Super Container thing they did earlier this year.  Wasn't it for WoWs Anniversary? :cap_hmm:  Either way,  I know 8's got a Gift Container or 2 with a win.  Sure, they didn't have a lot of stuff, but they gave me more stuff.  :Smile_Default:

[NSEW]
Members
2,234 posts
11,793 battles
45 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I rather think about spending $99 on a full year Humble Choice from humblebundle.com

Hmm...no really. Hmm, must visit website.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,995 posts
17,020 battles
21 minutes ago, Volron said:

There is one other factor, event rewards. 

In my own, personal opinion, it's a very steep monetary price to pay for the little extra coal, steel or flags-in-a-box that you normally get.

Even at Tier 10 I don't have great expectations this Christmas. Supercontainers have given me some pretty good and useful stuff in the past and they continue to do so, but the only ship I ever pulled out of a supercontainer was from a default SC because a Santa Box in the Summer Sale drew a premium I already have. Once I saw it, I knew I was going to get a ship - but it was really a Santa Box ship. (It was the Boise, which I have found VERY useful for farming fire ribbon missions with a US 19 point captain.)

The run of obscenely good luck which followed (Saipan, Enterprise and Graf Zep out of only five Premium Air Supply containers in the same event) makes me think I used up all my crate RNG and I'm probably never going to draw another ship from a container again. :cap_haloween:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,751 posts
4,272 battles

WG starts Black Friday on, get this, Black Friday.

As for purchases, my 126GB M.2 SSD is getting full. I’ve put as many things as possible on the 1TB HDD (including WOWS), but it’s time to upgrade. I have my eye on a 2TB M.2 SSD. Pricey, but with Black Friday deals it should be worth it to be able have enough space and even move all my warships clients to SSD.

[LOSC]
Members
595 posts
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Just did yesterday:  M&P 9mm  -  a black Friday sales Monday because they are going to be shut down BCO the pandemic.  I don't expect to see anyone opened Friday.....

Yeah, BassPro shops  has a Savage Axis XP 6.5 Creedmoor with a Weaver scope for $239.97 that will be my Black Friday purchase.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,994 posts
22,027 battles
12 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Yeah, BassPro shops  has a Savage Axis XP 6.5 Creedmoor with a Weaver scope for $239.97 that will be my Black Friday purchase.

:Smile_medal: !   Great cartridge.  I shoot the 6.5x55 mostly.  A little less oomph but better twist rate.  And, it shoots lead cast, gas checked bullets in military matches like no ones business.....   And, I'll never run out of lead or gas checks.... 

[DVYJC]
Members
3,809 posts
9,449 battles

I did something I said I wouldn't do and got an AR-15. With Colt announcing they're not going to make civilian-market AR-15s* plus the election outcomes, I bit the bullet and bought a Colt MPS carbine and an Eotech 512. I always said after the Army that I'd shot enough M16-type rifles to last me a lifetime, but... I guess I should still have one in the safe. Wasn't really "Black Friday" pricing, but I doubt we'll see much of that for black rifles this year. Can't find 5.56 NATO to save your life.

*They've said this before and changed their minds eventually.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[ONE]
Members
364 posts
9 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Can't find 5.56 NATO to save your life.

Ammunition shortage began back in March and has only gotten worse.  Best advice I can give is when the shortage eases buy 1000 round cases rather than 20 or 50 round boxes of ammunition.  Right now I have roughly 24,000 rounds of 9mm on hand but then I enjoy reloading as much as I do shooting.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
612 posts
12,461 battles

I do find it interesting that here it is Wednesday, 2 days before the supposed sale starts and they have publish absolutely no info about it outside of on thing in early November.

No Tuesday News or Dev Blog about it.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
26 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I did something I said I wouldn't do and got an AR-15. With Colt announcing they're not going to make civilian-market AR-15s* plus the election outcomes, I bit the bullet and bought a Colt MPS carbine and an Eotech 512. I always said after the Army that I'd shot enough M16-type rifles to last me a lifetime, but... I guess I should still have one in the safe. Wasn't really "Black Friday" pricing, but I doubt we'll see much of that for black rifles this year. Can't find 5.56 NATO to save your life.

*They've said this before and changed their minds eventually.

My personal favorite is a mini 14 stainless steel by ruger. I had one I bought back in 1982 when I was in the Nat. Guard. We'd get free ammo at the end of summer camps don't ya know. Very dependable, easy to maintain. I sold it when I got married in 2000. Still miss that weapon.