You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Naval History in Photos: Thanksgiving Dinner

19 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,510 posts
14,992 battles

Take a glance into the past and see how Thanksgiving has been celebrated at sea.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2

[PIZZA]
Members
1,111 posts
13,859 battles

Peeling potatoes?  We do it ourselves in our plate in year 1983 in panzer brigade! Thanksgiving? First skipatrols in heavy snow. Grinding teeths? After 25 mile skipatrol you do not have enough energy to grind anything. 

Edited by Finnkax
  • Funny 1

[4HIM]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
9,552 battles

Wishing a happy Thanksgiving to all my brothers and sisters in arms, past and present. May the Lord bless you and keep you safe, Amen.

• Cool 1

Members
30 posts
3,354 battles

Thanksgiving at sea sucked, but luckily we usually never even realized it was Thanksgiving or didn't care. Just another 6-on-12 off three Watch section SSN day. Probably was a lot better on surface ships. 

But Happy Turkey Day to all the brothers and sisters still serving and Vets.

Hope the homeless brothers and sisters can still get a good free meal despite the Covid.

• Cool 2

[187]
Members
1,633 posts
13,216 battles

What a great article and great pictures they are worth a thousand words...thank you well done.

Members
47 posts
4,050 battles

Check out the first and fifth tribute pictures.  I didn't even know that Eddie Murphy was in the navy.  :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_Default:

Very nice tribute.  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

[NATO]
Members
1 post
11,433 battles

The sudden and bountiful influx of food after a hard year's work naturally warranted a proper feast, and this was especially true for the first English settlers to arrive on the shores of North America.

Funny!!?!

My English ancestors were in Jamestown 10+ years before the Pilgrims washed ashore in Massachusetts. And Roanoke was founded 33 years earlier.

[WTA]
Members
44 posts

Great tribute. Well done. May the God of heaven bless and keep all service men and women safe, especially on this day of thanksgiving. I am grateful for the service provided by all of them, past and present.

[TDEV]
[TDEV]
Members
2 posts
2,407 battles

Been there, done that, many times for all different holidays. I always appreciated a special holiday meal. 

[BTLST]
[BTLST]
Members
7 posts
21,399 battles

Those were GREAT pictures! Thank you so much for putting them out on the site. My son is currently aboard the USS NIMITZ (CVN-68), which is deployed, and the one who got me to play World of Warships. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
152 posts
4,457 battles

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone serving and especially those in harm's way down range. SEMPER FIDELIS

12278864_477911589037246_577626622415645520_n.jpg

• Funny 1

[DSF]
Beta Testers
1,231 posts
15,908 battles

The crews look so much more well fed in the 90s Hahaha!

Goodonya Yanks from down unda!

Members
4 posts
3,523 battles

Very well done, from a former grunt myself I like to say where ever you are on land or sea to all our brothers and sister past and present a very happy and fun thanksgiving, I will keep you all in my prayers stay safe.

[YOGI]
Members
27 posts
3,045 battles

as always we give thanks!!! for those who gave us the right to be together on this day of Thanksgiving! and again thank you for putting up such a wonderful montage!!!!

Beta Testers
36 posts
7,329 battles

Thanksgiving Dinner 1980 - LVT ramp -Beef n rocks over a heat tab   yummy!   Think a cigarette for dessert

Scan_20201203.png