Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

Giving away friendly Cv's position...is this a "thing"?

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

764
[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles

In a recent thread a player complained about "toxic idiots" who give away their Cv's position. Is this really happening? Here on NA I don't have a significant number of battles, but on EU I have close to 20.000 and I never encountered such a behaviour. I don't really condone the idea of such a "betrayal", ( in fact I "died" several times in process of defending or buying time for our Cv to get out of harm's way :)) buut.......Weegee's inaction ( in fact quite the opposite with MvR and FDR in the game) regarding the toxic nature of Cv's vs surface ships and the outright refusal to even acknowledge, the existence of this problem, coupled with the blatant disregard displayed by several Cv players towards teamplay,(including in Ops) made me think.

  Set aside the obvious "moral" issues, to be honest  I find it less and less appaling. What you think?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,697 battles

As much as i hate cv's, giving away a friendly pos  is really bad just screenshot the person telling enemy in chat and send that to wg they will deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[NSEW]
Members
2,222 posts
11,732 battles
18 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

but on EU I have close to 20.000 and I never encountered such a behaviour.

I too have an account over at EU.  I can assure you that this happened enough (during the offical "re-work") that it disgusted me; also on NA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,644
[TWFT]
Members
1,442 posts
39,799 battles

Now I definitely despise players that would do this, but the problem is that WG is doing nothing to help the situation when it comes to CV's, they have left it so the player base is trying to fix the problem on it's own.

Ask any CV main about his Karma, that is also an indication of what the player base thinks about CV's.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,392
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,021 battles

I've never seen a player give away a CV's position because it was a CV, though I've seen, extremely rarely, players tell Red where ships are because they are peeved at the poor play of their drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[NSEW]
Members
2,222 posts
11,732 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I've never seen a player give away a CV's position because it was a CV, though I've seen, extremely rarely, players tell Red where ships are because they are peeved at the poor play of their drivers.

Either you're lucky to have only met players with modicum of manners or you have your chat turned off (don't pay attention to it). 

I can 100% say that during the rework phases, I've witnessed players giving out the CV positions to outright firing at their own CV from the start of games.  It was a $hitshow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles
16 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

As much as i hate cv's, giving away a friendly pos  is really bad just screenshot the person telling enemy in chat and send that to wg they will deal with it.

Well, I'm not a fan of them  (I still have 15k left on the Furious which was bestowed upon me during the PR "event" I play only Ops with it)   either, but I don't see how can they do that.

14 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

I too have an account over at EU.  I can assure you that this happened enough (during the offical "re-work") that it disgusted me; also on NA.

 

Hmm....I see. 

16 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

...., but the problem is that WG is doing nothing to help the situation when it comes to CV's, they have left it so the player base is trying to fix the problem on it's own.

 

Yep. I definitively agree with that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,140 posts
11,170 battles

I have seen it a couple of times. If you save a screenshot and send it to customer support, the player will be penalized. You will never hear about it, because there are legal protections relating to privacy, which is why we rarely hear about actual punishments. The only time WG ever officially announces punishments is when they are taking the legal risks to make an example of someone doing some major no-nos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,920
[WORX]
Members
12,418 posts
19,686 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

In a recent thread a player complained about "toxic idiots" who give away their Cv's position.

This is against the TOS/EULA, giving away the position of a friendly to the enemy fleet.... The Sanctions given are very severe, in turn the evidence needed to convict is high as well...


Here is what type of evidence you need for conviction...

  • A pic or pics of every time the player is giving away the position to the red fleet... This is to prove malicious intent..
  • Replay.
    • This is for them to visually confirm the infraction being committed...

Then with evidence in hand you send it to the CS dept. under "report violation" section.

If its determined without a shadow of a doubt, with concrete evidence, the player by definition did violate the terms of EULA/TOS... Then CS will sanction said player (its a hefty sanction too.)


Because of the terms and conditions of the privacy clause on the WG's TOS/EULA... You the 3rd party, are not allowed closure to know the consequences.. The only way you get around that from our end, if the player you reported releases a "statement" to reveal his sanction.

Hope this helped...

Other reportable offenses... Misusing the in game report system to report CVs... Those reports are recorded, you can get a sanction for it if someone reports you.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles
14 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I have seen it a couple of times. If you save a screenshot and send it to customer support, the player will be penalized. You will never hear about it, because there are legal protections relating to privacy, which is why we rarely hear about actual punishments. The only time WG ever officially announces punishments is when they are taking the legal risks to make an example of someone doing some major no-nos.

 

14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is against the TOS/EULA, giving away the position of a friendly to the enemy fleet.... The Sanctions given are very severe, in turn the evidence needed to convict is high as well...


Here is what type of evidence you need for conviction...

  • A pic or pics of every time the player is giving away the position to the red fleet... This is to prove malicious intent..
  • Replay.
    • This is for them to visually confirm the infraction being committed...

Then with evidence in hand you send it to the CS dept. under "report violation" section.

If its determined without a shadow of a doubt, with concrete evidence, the player by definition did violate the terms of EULA/TOS... Then CS will sanction said player (its a hefty sanction too.)


Because of the terms and conditions of the privacy clause on the WG's TOS/EULA... You the 3rd party, are not allowed closure to know the consequences.. The only way you get around that from our end, if the player you reported releases a "statement" to reveal his sanction.

Hope this helped...

Other reportable offenses... Misusing the in game report system to report CVs... Those reports are recorded, you do que sanction for it if someone reports you.

 Hmm...I see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,435
Members
2,246 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

Is this really happening?

Haven't seen it on EU in years tbh.
I have however recently seen a CC who put a sizeable doubloon bounty on the enemy CV, leading to the opposing team attempting to teamkill it although ironically it was the CV himself who cashed it in by killing himself.

Toxic mechanics breed toxic behavior. Who would have thought?

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
827
[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

it does happen, but given that the position of a CV is already known by anyone who employs basic principles of the game a) probable spawn, b) probable island cover, c) direction of enemy squadrons d) (end game) radio direction finder, it is hardly a giveaway.

When this happens maliciously (somebody gives away the position of their ally CV's position) it is usually caused by the highly toxic behaviour of their own CV, poor gameplay and poor sportsmanship (two wrongs don't make a right, but this is the cause in the majority of cases.)

Edited by hateboat
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
600
[WKY04]
Members
629 posts
12,592 battles
46 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

The root of the problem is the airports.   It's a toxic mechanic that should be relegated to PVE only.

The root of the problem is puerile players.

  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
134 posts
2 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

In a recent thread a player complained about "toxic idiots" who give away their Cv's position. Is this really happening? Here on NA I don't have a significant number of battles, but on EU I have close to 20.000 and I never encountered such a behaviour. I don't really condone the idea of such a "betrayal", ( in fact I "died" several times in process of defending or buying time for our Cv to get out of harm's way :)) buut.......Weegee's inaction ( in fact quite the opposite with MvR and FDR in the game) regarding the toxic nature of Cv's vs surface ships and the outright refusal to even acknowledge, the existence of this problem, coupled with the blatant disregard displayed by several Cv players towards teamplay,(including in Ops) made me think.

  Set aside the obvious "moral" issues, to be honest  I find it less and less appaling. What you think?

That's nothing. On CIS server they take it to the next level with mutual TK of the carriers at game start. Definitely seems to help cull the flying monkey population there. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles
21 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Haven't seen it on EU in years tbh.
I have however recently seen a CC who put a sizeable doubloon bounty on the enemy CV, leading to the opposing team attempting to teamkill it although ironically it was the CV himself who cashed it in by killing himself.

Lolz.

21 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Toxic mechanics breed toxic behavior. Who would have thought?

Toxicity and the inability to address that toxicity will generate growing frustration which will lead to further toxicity. The clear path to radicalization. Yep 1+1.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles
3 minutes ago, Froggy_McFrogface said:

That's nothing. On CIS server they take it to the next level with mutual TK of the carriers at game start. Definitely seems to help cull the flying monkey population there. :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh my. I didn't know that.Well......to be frank that's a quite direct and honest way to deal with ....a problem. I'm just baffled if WeeGee knows that, than why....still nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
663
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,218 posts

I do not see much in the way of betraying CV position in game. However it is not difficult when the friendly CV endures plane losses to highlight the enemy CV in spotting first off. Once thats done everything else is progressing to it's logical conclusion.

Once in a while I do position myself to try and defend our CV a little bit. Not too often. However Ive been known to do so even though it's very unpopular and brings in much salt from so called teammates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
964
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,142 posts
12,717 battles
2 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

toxic idiots" who give away their Cv's position. Is this really happening?

So far I've never seen it directed directly at CVs. And when it does happen 9/10 it's false information.

However, unlike WoT, loosing a friendly ship not only has direct consequences, but accelerates the enemy's point gain via lead.

In WoT, if you loose a tank, or SPG, the only effects is that poss of support. In WoWs, the effects of a sunk ship is exponential to both fleets.

If I were you, I'd screenshot the madness and take an extra step and relocate and rename the replay and send it to WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,113
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,940 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Haven't seen it on EU in years tbh.
I have however recently seen a CC who put a sizeable doubloon bounty on the enemy CV, leading to the opposing team attempting to teamkill it although ironically it was the CV himself who cashed it in by killing himself.

Toxic mechanics breed toxic behavior. Who would have thought?

Heh.

Id suicide too for a sizeable doubloon bounty...

...and I'd also report the CC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

.....although ironically it was the CV himself who cashed it in by killing himself.

 

I just realized that Cv's the only class that could do that.... Out of curiosity he pinked himself in the process?.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[NASSF]
[NASSF]
Members
166 posts
15,659 battles

I've seen it on the NA server. And not just for CVs.

I had a toxic player, complained the whole time after he got killed (first dead, way early). Began giving away team locations when we had 3 ships left.

Warned him about it....didn't care. I know he got reported by at least a player on our team and one on the OPFORCE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles
11 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Heh.

Id suicide too for a sizeable doubloon bounty...

...and I'd also report the CC.

He probably realized that he will die anyway, so...why don't make it profitable ,lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764
[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles
1 minute ago, SedatedApe said:

I've seen it on the NA server. And not just for CVs.

I had a toxic player, complained the whole time after he got killed (first dead, way early). Began giving away team locations when we had 3 ships left.

Warned him about it....didn't care. I know he got reported by at least a player on our team and one on the OPFORCE.

Ouch. That's waay out of line. He totally deserved that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×