Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BongoSolo

Moskva Camo - Solved?

5 comments in this topic

[FSA]
Beta Testers
6 posts
7,448 battles

Hey guys, I am wondering if this issue has been answered from WG? 

Just came back 1 month ago, notice they have changed the Moskva to Premium ship with a free camo, so the Aurora camo is no longer necessary, I tried to contact the service department, but it seems they won't do anything about. So I am wondering what the other people who has the same camo issue I have, and what they have done to you guys?

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,204 posts
22,715 battles

Congrats! You are now the proud owner of two permanent cammos for Moskva! That was WG's decision. There was quite a bit of gnashing of teeth in the forums over it...

[K-POP]
Members
4,791 posts
13,136 battles

WG's official response to the permacamo questions (and this was a big thing on both the forums and reddit when it was announced, to the tune of at least 4-5 threads per day that I saw, and I'm sure there were more that I didn't) is basically: if you didn't have the permacamo when Moskva became a special ship, you get the permacamo for free; if you bought the normal permacamo or Aurora 8k doubloon permacamo, you already received the economic benefits from it and there won't be any sort of compensation.

As you'd expect, people that spent doubloons for the tech tree permacamos (especially the more expensive Aurora camo) weren't too happy that, to use their exact same arguments, 'people were getting something for free that they paid money for.' If you only use that argument, I (as someone who benefited from the split as I didn't have either permacamo before it left and got my standard one for free) would definitely side more with WG - you paid for an item, you got it, and you used it; it doesn't really matter whether someone else is getting it for free.

However, I definitely sided with the playerbase that it did somewhat break the line split precedent (where you kept the permacamo in question at the current spot in the tree and the new destination spot, although this is the first time we've had a split where a ship leaves the tree) and was yet another choice that WG made that somewhat penalized players who had already spent money. Did WG have to give any compensation to the players that bought a camo already? No, but at the same time it likely wouldn't have cost them much in terms of lost doubloon sales to compensate with either the doubloon value or credit a Nevsky permacamo for free, and would have done a fair bit for the WG/paying customer relationship as a sign of goodwill.

Long story short, as Khafni said, you're now the proud owner of a SUPER SPECIALTM Moskva with two permacamos, and you will enjoy them.

[4HIM]
Members
3,244 posts
14,580 battles
45 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Congrats! You are now the proud owner of two permanent cammos for Moskva! That was WG's decision. There was quite a bit of gnashing of teeth in the forums over it...

As well as a lot of people siding with WG on it to boot. 

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[FSA]
Beta Testers
6 posts
7,448 battles

That's ticket I got final.
CLOSED

We do not see the need for this, because all the mentioned changes have been approved before.
All your further tickets regarding this situation will be closed and they are not going to be answered.
So this ticket has been closed.
Best regards.

lmbo, this is so "FUN", it actually warm all players never gonna buy to special camo anymore. good call WG.. Refund 8000 doubloon > Losing paying customer relationship

Sign in to follow this