You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Oklahoma my new port queen. Grind well wasted LOL

34 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,391 battles

Played Oklahoma twice. Average damage around 15k. Compared to iron Duke average damage 61k 
It's now my new port queen. Totally useless ship.
Top speed: 19kts
Turret turn speed: 60 sec
Gun reload: 40 sec   

The developers must be having a good laugh with all the new U.S BBs. Early April's Fool's joke for them

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

You actually played it?  Well done ... I guess.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Got mine about an hour ago ...  didn't even put a flag on it, just moved the commander to Reserve.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,961 posts
16,846 battles

In defense of Oklahoma...(no, I'm not going to say "she isn't that bad", because that would be LOL)...I didn't find the grind to be very 'grindy'.  I finished 2-3 of the Twitch missions for additional containers, and I earned notOK in Stage 6 of US Battleships 2.  But, I didn't have to focus on any of these missions.  I just let them happen.  It was a very low effort grind.

While the final reward in Oklahoma may be very 'meh' (although pretty to look at), the lack of effort it took to earn her makes it hard for me to gripe about it.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,887 battles

I got it and played it in co-op. I know it's easy to win in co-op but I citadel a BB at 19 k and scored just over 100,000 HP. Her aim was good and she hits hard. Maybe RNG was just being nice to me that game. 

[HINON]
Members
8,641 posts
12,572 battles

at least she looks good, especially in her alt camo with that Navy blue(?) with the color coded turret tops

shot-20.11.16_20.30.51-0417.jpg

WG did her dirty, i think thats something everyone on this forum can agree on

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,391 battles
4 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

I got it and played it in co-op. I know it's easy to win in co-op but I citadel a BB at 19 k and scored just over 100,000 HP. Her aim was good and she hits hard. Maybe RNG was just being nice to me that game. 

The RNG Gods were smiling upon you. Play it a few more times and let me know how that went lol.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,453 posts
22,679 battles

Well a free premium ship it must suck....

I though Kansas sucked, but after getting 90k exp on her I finally clicked with her...

My first match with Oklahoma,  so excited I forgot to spec the 6 point captain....

(Did add flags, pennants and modoules)

Last alive on right flank out of 4 ships....

36k damage,  1.9 mil tanked...

Second game 69k damage...

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY NEW US BB LINE, THIS IS A GOOD SHIP.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
15,513 posts
27,228 battles
10 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The RNG Gods were smiling upon you. Play it a few more times and let me know how that went lol.

I would, but I’m too busy spamming T10s trying to get UUs.

5 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Well a free premium ship it must suck....

(snip)

I IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY NEW US BB LINE, THIS IS A GOOD SHIP.

Didn’t mind Kansas either, but it took a while to get used to it.

84k in my one game so far. (Co-op.)

Was dragging soggy powdered potatoes back from a loss, until WG’s cheating ram-ram bovine waste products ruined the chance.

[NONE]
Members
3,765 posts
49 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

It’s only sad because it’s a really nice looking ship with great camo that the artists spent some time on. 😢

Indeed. And of course, a hideous monstrosity like Oktwhatever Revoltingyou is worlds better. Because reasons.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,288 posts
26,944 battles
2 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Played Oklahoma twice. Average damage around 15k. Compared to iron Duke average damage 61k 

The developers must be having a good laugh with all the new U.S BBs. Early April's Fool's joke for them

I played her from time to time and I'll play her again when in the mood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[B-Z]
Members
168 posts
15,867 battles

The grind passed easily.
The ship? Objectively it sucks.
I played exactly 1 random game to experience the suck, and got over 100k damage. I think I'll keep that average and never touch it again :-)

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,077 battles
2 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

It’s only sad because it’s a really nice looking ship with great camo that the artists spent some time on. 😢

Bingo. What a waste, could have been fun like Texas.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,569 posts
18,395 battles

I've only played nine games in her and am averaging about 45k in damage with about a 55% win rate. When top tier she's a pretty decent ship; again when top tier. When bottom tier she's a floating dumpster fire that does not uptier well. Every shell seems to cause moderate to heavy damage and nothing ever bounces. If her guns were at least accurate, or could penetrate what she's shooting at, or didn't have that reload to contend with, or had the speed to relocate to save herself.....ok yeah just forget it. It's not fun, but the secondaries are ok. 

At least it was free. 

Not sure if I want it Or take it cause its free - Memebase - Funny Memes

[BUOY]
Members
1,192 posts
16,057 battles

I'll say she's a very pretty ship that's worth a snowflake each time they come up... otherwise... yeah...

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,453 posts
22,679 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I would, but I’m too busy spamming T10s trying to get UUs.

Didn’t mind Kansas either, but it took a while to get used to it.

84k in my one game so far. (Co-op.)

Was dragging soggy powdered potatoes back from a loss, until WG’s cheating ram-ram bovine waste products ruined the chance.

She is a beautiful ship from that era.

Trouble is hitting the targets.

[BOTO]
Members
1,459 posts
17,501 battles
4 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Oh, it's not that horrible, I rarely play BBs but even I can carry if there's enough potatoes in the match:

ok1.JPG

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
264 posts
4,276 battles

Its not that she's.........

Yes she sucks, but..........

So, despite wha-

She may be.........

Yeah she is just a bad ship, there's not much I can think of for redeeming features. She makes the Viribus Unitus look incredibly OP. Why they decided to slam a 19 kt speed on a ship, then give her 8km secondaries I'll never know. 

Don't get me wrong, I've had some fun playing her, but she just isn't a good ship to carry a game in. She is at an extreme disadvantage when bottom tier, more so than my other tier 5 ships.  40 seconds of reload is a LONG time.

You pretty much have to hope for 2 things. 

A) You are top tier with few enemy BB's and DD's. Many cruisers for you to (maybe??) punish with your guns and secondaries.

B) The reds attack you one at a time inside your secondary range and make no effort to evade or kite. This ship is only truly dangerous when someone blunders into her secondary range.

Barring that and she feels like a Magikarp, where splash is her only move. 

[UN1]
Members
1,331 posts
4,166 battles

I like her.  I like the concept of her, and I thinks he's A LOT more interesting to play than the Texas, but I'm not going to sit here and say she's amazing.  She's built for the wrong tier.  I never once thought that a Nevada class battleship should exist at T5, and I stand by that statement.  They had to take way, way, waaaay to much off her penetration to make it work.

• Boring 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
612 posts
12,464 battles

It's another ship the FTP crowd can use and there was no " grind" to getting her.

Texas is better in almost every way, but if you don't have a Texas it is a FREE premium US BB.

[WOLF1]
Members
16 posts
17,426 battles

I'd love to even get a chance to try it.

Finished the grind, got all the containers, and ended up VASTLY short of finishing the collection.

I've got 19 dups and have 7 missing items.

No way I'm shelling out cash on it so I guess I'm out of luck.