You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

California Dreaming

18 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
390 posts
1,882 battles

My Dad, who is Old,,,lol plays this song on his phone all the time. California Dreaming. I don't know who does it. But I gotta write my own version. Am going call it California Smooshing! Love this ship. Helps to be top tiers of course but she protects me so well with her AA so I can concentrate on smooshing enemy nasties. We fell behind early but my group at the far A cap refused defeat. So Smooshing we went. Now I got to try My New/Old Oklahoma. World of Warships did a good job restoring and repairing this Old girl. I really hope all my fellow Captains and their families are well and Shooting straight!

I'm Heidi and I Smoosh!

Looks like the picture won't show up. I scored 3 kills, 133,577 HP Damage. 5 awards. 46 planes shot down.

Screenshot (79).png

Edited by HeidiAngel
Spelling
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,900 posts
18,016 battles

I listen to this song to calm me down if things are going south in matches. It’s relaxing and peaceful. Thanks for the post and thanks to @HamptonRoads for sharing the link. 👍

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,202 posts
22,715 battles

Mama Cass Elliot - the Earth Mother of Hippiedom!

Very nice game, btw, @HeidiAngel. Your "old" dad has good taste in music...

Edited by Khafni
  • Thanks 1

[V_V_V]
Members
933 posts
16,751 battles

Michelle Phillips is the last surviving member; she's had quite a career.

"Dedicated to the One I Love" has floated my "Old" boat since the Monterey Pop Festival.

Michelle_Phillips_1967_Monterey.jpg

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,948 posts
16,789 battles
2 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

My Dad, who is Old,,,lol plays this song on his phone all the time. California Dreaming. I don't know who does it.

If I was a forum moderator, I would ban you into the next decade for that comment.

• Sad 1

[TIGRB]
Members
390 posts
1,882 battles
10 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

If I was a forum moderator, I would ban you into the next decade for that comment.

Sorry, and I can't talk about age on here. But how would I know anything about this song? I hear some of Dad's music on his spotify but don't know anybody I hear except the Beatles and Elvis.

[O_O]
Members
6,948 posts
16,789 battles
29 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Sorry, and I can't talk about age on here. But how would I know anything about this song? I hear some of Dad's music on his spotify but don't know anybody I hear except the Beatles and Elvis.

The classics must be known, my child.  And it is up to you to know them.  Now go forth, do your research, and be blown away by the greatness that came before you.  That is the way.

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
999 posts
33,657 battles
4 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

My Dad, who is Old,,,lol plays this song on his phone all the time. California Dreaming. I don't know who does it. But I gotta write my own version. Am going call it California Smooshing! Love this ship. Helps to be top tiers of course but she protects me so well with her AA so I can concentrate on smooshing enemy nasties. We fell behind early but my group at the far A cap refused defeat. So Smooshing we went. Now I got to try My New/Old Oklahoma. World of Warships did a good job restoring and repairing this Old girl. I really hope all my fellow Captains and their families are well and Shooting straight!

I'm Heidi and I Smoosh!

Looks like the picture won't show up. I scored 3 kills, 133,577 HP Damage. 5 awards. 46 planes shot down.

Screenshot (79).png

Sweet. Don't know why, but I love this slow thicccc ship too. Statistically my best T7 BB with 70+ win rate in 50 battles; Halsey and this ship are great in Randoms.

[-HEL-]
Members
198 posts
6,910 battles

A USS California post and it isn't @Soshi_Sone!?  What devilry is this?  Too many people are having fun with this ship, so I now expect to see WG bring out the nerf hammer again!  You get 40sec reload and you get 40sec reload and you get 40sec reload, everyone gets 40sec reload!  :Smile_playing::Smile-_tongue:

Well, I hear Country Roads playing, so I'll see myself out. Won't be shooting down many planes with Mountain Mama, but she can smash face real good.

• Cool 1

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
999 posts
33,657 battles
2 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

And now you've gone and wound up us oldsters around here. I apologize in advance.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,069 posts
22,468 battles
20 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Well, may I please direct you to MY favorite group - The Who.  They were loud, obnoxious, talented rock long before punk was even born. 

Members
1,498 posts
17,859 battles

Here's the thing about that song. It was already considered a "classic" before your daddy was even born... unless he had you VERY late in life. But then that's what makes a song or book or movie a classic to begin with as each following generation discovers the magic that entranced the preceding generations.