You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PreynMantis

Transformer captain bonuses?

12 comments in this topic

[HSSW]
Members
7 posts
13,667 battles

So, I was sure that the answer to my question is out there so I spent the last two days looking with no luck.  Apparently my Google skills were not up to snuff.

Do the Transformer captains have any skill bonuses or are they simply the pennant and voice over?  

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,446 battles
10 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

No bonuses, per se

But Megatron's voice over is amazing

Actually all them are AWESOME voice overs , lol . No skill advantage but Megatron ,Optimus ,Bumblebee , and the Khaba captain are a good change of pace .

[ARGSY]
Members
22,856 posts
16,941 battles
14 minutes ago, PreynMantis said:

simply the pennant and voice over

Yep.

My call - if you were a young boy in 1985, the entire crossover was designed to appeal directly to your inner child that had once played with the toys.

On a related but less serious note: If we're still here in twenty years, wait for what's going to hit when WOWS attempts to appeal to all the players who were five-year-old girls in 2010:Smile_trollface:

• Haha 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
4 hours ago, PreynMantis said:

Do the Transformer captains have any skill bonuses

They transform things, starting with your money into WGs money!

[WKY04]
Members
629 posts
12,592 battles
3 hours ago, SeaGladius said:

They change the game’s background music to a Transformers theme.  Does that count?

Definitely counts in my book!

[WOLF8]
Members
7,709 posts
6,478 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On a related but less serious note: If we're still here in twenty years, wait for what's going to hit when WOWS attempts to appeal to all the players who were five-year-old girls in 2010:Smile_trollface:

There were actually quite a number of "grown-up guys" who were fan of that show, and called themselves as "bronies," lol. :Smile_hiding:

I believe there are actually few of them in this very forum, indicating that a small portion of the bronies are WoWs players.

So I say there's no need to wait for 20 years. Why not just do a collab now? LEL. :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm only kidding, BTW... lul. :Smile_trollface:

[ARGSY]
Members
22,856 posts
16,941 battles
19 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

There were actually quite a number of "grown-up guys" who were fan of that show, and called themselves as "bronies," lol.

Oh I know, but I preferred to draw comparisons and contrasts with the actual target audiences. There will always be outliers. (The show grew on me due to being obliged to watch it endlessly with my daughter, but that's another matter. It was actually bearable; the 80s "classic" version was eye-bleeding cringe by comparison and even she didn't enjoy it very much.)

Members
407 posts
11,667 battles

^ I also remember "Sailor Bubba" cosplay from the 90s, based around a particular show. Maybe that will show up in WoWs someday? :Smile_trollface: