You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

The Fun Police

241 comments in this topic

Members
2,394 posts
13,906 battles

Why is it everyone but WG sees how bad the CV is for game play?  We all say it, heck even Jingles says it.. Why is it WG cannot admit that the CV makes this game less fun.

It defies so much....

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 4

[TF_64]
Members
174 posts

WG thinks they are making more money from CVs than losing money from people angry about CVs. 

If everyone who was pissed about CV play simply stopped giving WG money, they would re-assess their business model.

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
23,040 posts
17,042 battles

Jingles is not an all-seeing, all-correct God, and if you think WG is going to pull CV just because a small group of people is screaming at them, think again.

In addition, Appeal to Authority is one of the worst ways to present your viewpoint.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 6

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,077 battles
Just now, Fortytwo_to_4and2 said:

WG thinks they are making more money from CVs than losing money from people angry about CVs. 

If everyone who was pissed about CV play simply stopped giving WG money, they would re-assess their business model.

A lot of us did, and instead of reassessing their model, doubled down on it.

It's a classic case of inability to admit failure causing the person who has failed to dig in further.

Meanwhile, enjoy the 2v 2 aircraft carrier matches. Remember in the RTS days, when WG made them impossible?

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,394 posts
13,906 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Jingles is not an all-seeing, all-correct God

Did *I* say that?  Stop putting words in my mouth!!!! 

Why is it you have to pronounce your opinion on everything as if you are some some holder of "the word"  ???

Did I say for WG to remove the CV?

Was I screaming at them?

SO.. your summation of my presentation is WAY off base.. You show yourself to be a trigger happy fan boi... try to read what people say carefully and not insert your own thoughts into what they say.

*I* said.. CV make the game less fun. Jingles said the game is less fun with CV... most players agree with this, that CV make the battles  less fun.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts

There are so many people wanting to play CVs that there are two per side in many matches, and they're waiting three minutes or more to get in for that to happen; on the other hand, certain people say there's no one playing CVs and they should be tossed because they're not significant.

Which is it?  Can't have it both ways.

If CVs weren't profitable, they'd have been gone long ago.  If you don't like the game that's offered, go play another one.  Trying to be armchair CEO/Game Designer isn't going to get you what you want, either.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
2,394 posts
13,906 battles
1 minute ago, Kesh_Lives said:

There are so many people wanting to play CVs

There are three times that number trying to play without them....  ??  hmmm?

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,040 posts
17,042 battles
2 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Your agenda is quite clear.

2 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Was I screaming at them?

You weren't, but others have done so - often proverbially and likely literally (at least to their monitors).

3 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

most players agree with this

Most players? Or just a vocal few?

1 minute ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

There are three times that number trying to play without them....  ??  hmmm?

Strawman. The numbers are held down for reasons of both balance and historicity. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 9

[WOLFC]
Members
2,441 posts
10,826 battles
9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

A lot of us did, and instead of reassessing their model, doubled down on it.

It's a classic case of inability to admit failure causing the person who has failed to dig in further.

Or it means that others spent more money as a result and WG decided it was, overall, a profitable path to pursue.

Many people don’t like it, but that reasoning makes a lot more sense than a company deliberately shooting themselves in the foot out of supposed stubbornness.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Members
2,394 posts
13,906 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

deliberately shooting themselves in the foot out of supposed stubbornness.

... ??.. except for WG having a history of shooting itself in the foot...  out side of that, you have a point....

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[HINON]
Members
8,641 posts
12,572 battles
13 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Did *I* say that?  Stop putting words in my mouth!!!! 

Why is it you have to pronounce your opinion on everything as if you are some some holder of "the word"  ???

Was I screaming at them?

SO.. your summation of my presentation is WAY off base.. You show yourself to be a trigger happy fan boi... try to read what people say carefully and not insert your own thoughts into what they say.

*I* said.. CV make the game less fun. Jingles said the game is less fun with CV... most players agree with this, that CV make the battles  less fun.

just ignore him, he wont listen, hes so on WG's side that he should start asking for payment with how much he sucks WG's torpedo

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
700 posts
5,919 battles
11 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

...most players agree with this...

What is your basis for this. Noise on the forums? Reddit? Noisiest seldom equals 'most'.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

Members
1,874 posts
27,483 battles
35 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Why is it everyone but WG sees how bad the CV is for game play?

I approve of this posting.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
7 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

What is your basis for this. Noise on the forums? Reddit? Noisiest seldom equals 'most'.

Yeah, if the anti-CV people insisting that they are the majority were actually correct, CVs would have disappeared completely by now.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
7 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

That argument is getting soooo tired and old. Its nothing but denial of the obvious.   Every single poll ever done on the subject has shown most people dislike CVs. There hasn't ever been one single poll or one single discussion that managed to show most people like CVs. In polling you never get to ask the entire population instead you try to go for a representative sample. 

• Meh 3

Members
676 posts
11,532 battles
Just now, Kesh_Lives said:

Yeah, if the anti-CV people insisting that they are the majority were actually correct, CVs would have disappeared completely by now.

A very evocative resemblance of the political realm. The most vocal groups are always the minority.

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
3 minutes ago, Kesh_Lives said:

That is like saying if the majority of people don't like crime then crime would have disappeared completely by now.  One has nothing to do with the other. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
700 posts
5,919 battles
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

That argument is getting soooo tired and old. Its nothing but denial of the obvious.   Every single poll ever done on the subject has shown most people dislike CVs. There hasn't ever been one single poll or one single discussion that managed to show most people like CVs. In polling you never get to ask the entire population instead you try to go for a representative sample. 

So the forums. What percentage total players join the forums?

• Thanks 1

Members
676 posts
11,532 battles
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

The majority of WoWs players aren't in NA, the majority of NA players don't use Reddit or the forum.

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
1 minute ago, Singularity_invader said:

The most vocal groups are always the minority.

There is absoluty no one and nothing that has ever established that the people who dislike CVs are a "vocal minority".  Everything ever done on the subject shows people who dislike CVs in the Majority.  

• Boring 2

Members
676 posts
11,532 battles
Just now, eviltane said:

Everything ever done on the subject shows people who dislike CVs in the Majority.  

You have no solid and comprehensive statistical evidences to back that claim up. Sorry.

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles

The majority of WoWs players aren't in NA, the majority of NA players don't use Reddit or the forum.

Yet you have polls that reach the entire world. Most of the big ones were done in the EU .    The russian forums and the English and german EU forums also have a hate on against CVs.   You have not a single iota of data that shows people who dislike CVs are in the minority. 

1 minute ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

So the forums. What percentage total players join the forums?

It and reddit and every other forums form a representative sample of population.    Same as I said to the other guy.  You have not a single iota of data that shows people who dislike CVs are in the minority.   You try to hide a bad argument in obscurity. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
2 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

You have no solid and comprehensive statistical evidences to back that claim up. Sorry.

Just look at any poll.  ANY POLL on the subject. CVs are always disliked.  YOU are the one that absolutely not a single shred of evidence that those who dislike CVs are the minority. 

Members
676 posts
11,532 battles
Just now, eviltane said:

Yet you have polls that reach the entire world. Most of the big ones were done in the EU .    The russian forums and the English and german EU forums also have a hate on against CVs.   You have not a single iota of data that shows people who dislike CVs are in the minority. 

You're still insisting that players on the forum represent the majority of the player base, which is just untrue.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles

You're still insisting that players on the forum represent the majority of the player base, which is just untrue.

Quit it.  You insist on seating your argument in absolute obscurity. I am not pointing at "just the forums"  I am pointing and youtube , at reddit, at every single piece of social media related to this game.   Every poll ever done on the subject shows the majority of players dislike CVs.