You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

So if CV are not allowed in Kots or the Verizon CB...

62 comments in this topic

Members
1,466 posts
7,125 battles

So if CV are not allowed in Kots or the Verizon CB why are they allowed in regular CB? Does this not say that CV are just not good for this type of competitive play?  Also, good luck to NA hope you take the big prize. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/verizon-warriors-championship/

• Cool 15
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 2

Members
989 posts

From what I see we are one step closer the being Esports with a cash sponsor and cash winnings. This will bring out the elitism and start kind of making stats matter, just like in tanks. But, I do agree CV should not be in Clan Battles. 

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,899 posts
16,963 battles
59 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

So if CV are not allowed in Kots or the Verizon CB why are they allowed in regular CB?

Because KOTS and Verizon CB are voluntary tournaments which have their own particular rules that are not dictated by WG.

WG probably doesn't want to force a no-CV rule on clan battles because there might be aspiring CB players whose only Tier 10 ship is a carrier and it's NOT FAIR TO LOCK THEM OUT.

It also doesn't want to create a no-CV refuge within the game, in part because it would be giving in to the demands of the toxic idiots who deliberately give away their own carrier's position to the enemy or report their own CV simply for playing his or her ship.

• Cool 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 10

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because KOTS and Verizon CB are voluntary tournaments which have their own particular rules that are not dictated by WG.

WG probably doesn't want to force a no-CV rule on clan battles because there might be aspiring CB players whose only Tier 10 ship is a carrier and it's NOT FAIR TO LOCK THEM OUT.

It also doesn't want to create a no-CV refuge within the game, in part because it would be giving in to the demands of the toxic idiots who deliberately give away their own carrier's position to the enemy or report their own CV simply for playing his or her ship.

Stop sugar coating this, we all know why.

I will not get into details, you can figure it out yourself.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Verizon CB

Verizon CB is a collaboration with WG. I am sure that WG has a very loud say over the rules, it it didn't 100% write them.

As for voluntary, I haven't heard of any conscription going on anywhere in any of the WOWS events, competitive or otherwise. So I guess everything is voluntary.

KOTS I agree, it is an independently organised event, with logistical support from WG. 

5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It also doesn't want to create a no-CV refuge within the game,

But it does offer "no CV refuges", with odd tier Ranked and CB seasons. WG has long given in to those that dislike the extremely toxic effect of CVs on gameplay and player behaviour.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,566 posts
11,934 battles

Game will never be an Esport.  Its boring AF to watch.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

Imagine playing LoL but with a hero that can sit at the spawn zone and kill other players actually trying to do something. Of course such an unfair hero would be banned everything single time, to the point it is better to not have it at all.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Members
454 posts
1 hour ago, Spyde said:

I do not think that is the point he was making. I think he is saying more events like this will happen with sponsors which will only be winable by top players and offer cash rewards. Which is kind of what E-Sports does. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,865 posts
712 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I mean, they could just grind out a tier 10 ship that's not a carrier.

Or buy a Yamato.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,524 posts
6,761 battles

These KotS events are incredibly boring.   If you wanna watch 14 ships sit motionless for 75% of the game, you'll love it I guess.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 4

[ARGSY]
Members
22,899 posts
16,963 battles
10 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

I mean, they could just grind out a tier 10 ship that's not a carrier.

Or buy a Yamato.

Neither option might be available to them for a particular season. Also, if you are strongest in carriers it's better to stay in carriers than play second-best in something else.

As far as the ARP Yamato is concerned, that won't always be for sale.

I say MIGHT because we had the High School Fleet thing two years running but this year zip - if Harekaze were going to return, she ought to have done it by now. I missed her in 2018 because she got pulled when I was on vacation, and the instant she returned I snapped her up. Good thing I did.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,945 battles
3 hours ago, SteelClaw said:

From what I see we are one step closer the being Esports with a cash sponsor and cash winnings. This will bring out the elitism and start kind of making stats matter, just like in tanks. But, I do agree CV should not be in Clan Battles. 

:cap_haloween:

This game will NEVER be an Esport.

NEVER.

It has become too infested with pay2win mechanics. The business model would need to be FAR more disciplined when it comes to balancing ships...and the player base would need to ALLOW and ACCEPT balancing of ANY ship in the game.

Neither of those conditions are met. Ergo, this game will never be an Esport.

2 hours ago, Spyde said:

50 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

These KotS events are incredibly boring.   If you wanna watch 14 ships sit motionless for 75% of the game, you'll love it I guess.

Indeed.

If I wanted to watch artillery shooting over islands...I'd watch World of Tanks.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
937 posts
11,920 battles
3 hours ago, SteelClaw said:

This game will never be an Esport. Too much rng and ...Cvs.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

They call it "positioning". Pointing that bow or lobbing those shells over rocks takes mad skillz.  Lol.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
272 posts
9,366 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

there are rental ships .... you get them at t8 .... so point = invalid .... hell one of the rental ships is a premium ship

52 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

This game will NEVER be an Esport.

NEVER.

It has become too infested with pay2win mechanics. The business model would need to be FAR more disciplined when it comes to balancing ships...and the player base would need to ALLOW and ACCEPT balancing of ANY ship in the game.

Neither of those conditions are met. Ergo, this game will never be an Esport.

Indeed.

If I wanted to watch artillery shooting over islands...I'd watch World of Tanks.

NOTHING in this game is behind a pay wall, EVERYTHING in this game **except ships currently unavailable** are possible to get via playing the game, you CAN however get them FASTER by paying for them, but that does NOT mean they will be better in them. Premium ships are NOT better, they are DIFFERENT.

The whales that buy everything in the game, they let YOU play this game for free. And if you spend enough time playing and practice enough, there is noone in this game whose "stats" you can't match.

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,945 battles
2 hours ago, Freelancerinc said:

NOTHING in this game is behind a pay wall,

2 hours ago, Freelancerinc said:

**except ships currently unavailable**

:fish_palm:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,845 posts
9,872 battles
5 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

It's like darts.

I love to play it, but I cannot fathom why people watch it on TV.

At least it usually takes place in a bar, so I can socialize when not playing. Although it's sheer he'll when I'm the only one sober enough to keep score, I'm forced to watch lol.

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,602 posts

Call me crazy, but Verizon I don't feel knows about the game enough to say "no CVs" hahahahahaha.

Let's be real here.  The primary reason why CVs are not allowed is because of either one of two reasons:

1.  They're using CBs as a test bed and making all of their good players suffer to try and normalize them on people and know they're bad, or

2.  Because they see KOTS as the ultimate tourney in this game (sorta is), they know participants from there aren't super likely to be on board with CVs in the mix.

If its the first reason, well WG would probably sooner liquidate the entire company then hurt their very, VERY blatant pride to admitting CVs are once again a failed exercise in balance but if its the latter, I guess they know CV isn't remotely respected amongst *good* players.

Either way I get to laugh.  And i'm sure the usual suspects here who have little to no competitive experience will start telling people like me how I should feel about CV balance in CBs and the like, as well as how well they're balanced.  Imagine.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
15,534 battles
9 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

So if CV are not allowed in Kots or the Verizon CB why are they allowed in regular CB? Does this not say that CV are just not good for this type of competitive play?  Also, good luck to NA hope you take the big prize. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/verizon-warriors-championship/

Because potential new players would see how broken the game is if they saw CVS.

• Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,945 battles
58 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Because potential new players would see how broken the game is if they saw CVS.

Probably....

Though, given the makeup of the average player...that would INCREASE the number of players captaining carriers...not decrease them.

This game profits off of things that are poorly balanced OP...

• Funny 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,602 posts
25 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Who are these people?

If you're thinking you're one of the people i'm referring to, you're actually not as far as I can tell.  You've been on here long enough to know, i'll leave that to your imagination.  If one of those people have the gall to say something to me personally I'll point them out though :Smile_honoring:

Members
646 posts
220 battles
10 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

-edit-

there might be aspiring CB players whose only Tier 10 ship is a carrier and it's NOT FAIR TO LOCK THEM OUT.

-edit-

ROFL!!!

How do you figure it's not fair to lock them out?

WG has been locking people out of CW since the start.

e.g. Only 1 BB, so everyone else's BB is locked out.

Choice of CW time zones is crap.  So many cant play due to work.

It can be hard to get into a CW team with a DD (or BB)

CV players know that CV spaces in CW are none (or limited).  That was their choice.

Perhaps our aspiring player can:

1. use a rental
  2. play randoms
  3. choose another ship line

[-BCO-]
Members
1,673 posts
2,898 battles
17 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Erm....WeeGgee doesn't give a damn about what's fair. If it moves their boat.....it is okay. They designed the Cv's, the most dishonest class in wows so...

17 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

.It also doesn't want to create a no-CV refuge within the game, in part because it would be giving in to the demands of the toxic idiots who deliberately give away their own carrier's position to the enemy or report their own CV simply for playing his or her ship.

That's new. U mean there are people, who deliberately give away the position of their team carrier(s)? Lol.

Well I "died" several times defending "my " Cv and many times  I raced  back to save his [edited]from a dd.

But to be honest, the more I think of it, the more I like it. I mean, Cv's spot everybody, so it would be quite fair to return the favour. I regard Cv's as incredibly toxic to the game, so.....

In fact, I will start a thread about it.