You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Why do they even play

78 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
1,130 posts
28,314 battles

Why the hell even play, tier 10 CV (Midway) never spots and drives his CV downs the channel on the Two brothers Map. Seriously why git into a random match if your are going to do that ? This is at the start of the match it only lasted about 11 minutes.

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles
13 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Seriously why git into a random match if your ate going to do that ?

Because you can fail your way to Tier 10 without learning a thing. There really are people with that combination of determination and inability to improve.

Enough players like that, and Wargaming will probably think they might as well start selling T10 ships openly.

Oh wait...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

[WOLFG]
Members
31,969 posts
9,887 battles
41 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Why the hell even play, tier 10 CV (Midway) never spots and drives his CV downs the channel on the Two brothers Map. Seriously why git into a random match if your are going to do that ? This is at the start of the match it only lasted about 11 minutes.

To be fair, 11 minutes isn't bad. Average match length is only 12-something.

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because you can fail your way to Tier 10 without learning a thing. There really are people with that combination of determination and inability to improve.

Enough players like that, and Wargaming will probably think they might as well start selling T10 ships openly.

Oh wait...

You can't fail what doesn't exist as a process?  There are no skill requirements at all in this game....  None.  It's just an arcade shooter in a Free-for-All (FFA), cooperative MMO.....  And, it really doesn't matter anymore.......

1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Because they can.  Nothing more is needed.  Your "feelings" aren't relevant.  The only relevant metric are the sales numbers; and, Carriers are still selling....  And, if an 8 - 10 year old, locked down and out of school, wants to play this game, it appears they most certainly can !   And, if GrandMa or GrandPa want to buy them Premium ship to use.........more the better !  Of course our host says:  "you are welcome -  Cha Ching".......and,...........you reap what you sow. 

It's going to get a lot worse after January 20th.........a lot worse. 

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,130 posts
28,314 battles

He drove his CV through the channel and into their Base on two brothers after not spotting at all he died around the 8 minute mark we lasted a few without a CV. Well for all intensive purposes we lasted 11 minutes with out a CV. 

Since we are being fair people like that should be sent to Co-Op only for a week on first offense like that, or caning either one would be good.  The reason why they don't get reported more is because WG doesn't have the backbone for a stiff penalty for throwing a game on purpose.

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles
7 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

WG doesn't have the backbone for a stiff penalty for throwing a game on purpose.

How do you prove it, though?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,051 posts
28,775 battles
9 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

He drove his CV through the channel and into their Base on two brothers after not spotting at all he died around the 8 minute mark we lasted a few without a CV. Well for all intensive purposes we lasted 11 minutes with out a CV. 

Since we are being fair people like that should be sent to Co-Op only for a week on first offense like that, or caning either one would be good.  The reason why they don't get reported more is because WG doesn't have the backbone for a stiff penalty for throwing a game on purpose.

The phrase is "for all intents and purposes".

• Cool 1

[NOVEL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,938 battles

Could also be a troll. I had my fair share of players in T9 premiums or T10 ships, that like to sabotage the team. That includes DD that sail along the border of the map spaming "I need inteligence data", CV that drive into the corner and let their planes fly around themself, BB that sit behind the CV all the game and try to hit stuff on max range etc. If you look up their data, they usually have a few hundert battles with those boats and a average damage below 10k. Don't underestimate the pure malevolence of people.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,000 posts
7,003 battles
7 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

If you can't net 300 base XP in a loss 700 base XP in a win, you have to go to Coop?

There would be an awful lot of people cut out. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles
6 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

You can't fail what doesn't exist as a process?  There are no skill requirements at all in this game....  None.  It's just an arcade shooter in a Free-for-All (FFA), cooperative MMO.....  And, it really doesn't matter anymore.......

Because they can.  Nothing more is needed.  Your "feelings" aren't relevant.  The only relevant metric are the sales numbers; and, Carriers are still selling....  And, if an 8 - 10 year old, locked down and out of school, wants to play this game, it appears they most certainly can !   And, if GrandMa or GrandPa want to buy them Premium ship to use.........more the better !  Of course our host says:  "you are welcome -  Cha Ching".......and,...........you reap what you sow. 

It'll start getting worse when school is out for Christmas break.

And, as you say, there are no requirements to play - not even money - but that money helps keep the game servers running.

[SALVO]
Members
26,051 posts
28,775 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How do you prove it, though?

A lot of the time, it wouldn't be possible.  But if someone takes their CV down the Two Brothers channel without doing anything else, that looks like throwing the game to me.  That said, that entire map (or rather than channel itself) seems designed for people to throw battles.  After all, how many times have people had someone on their team say "let's all go down the channel (at the start) for the lolz"?  Personally, I give such a player an instant negative karma vote, as well as one for everyone who follows that player down the channel.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles
13 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

He drove his CV through the channel and into their Base on two brothers after not spotting at all he die around the 8 minute mark we lasted a few without a CV. Well for all intensive purposes we lasted 11 minutes with out a CV. 

How do you know the Op was throwing the game and not creatively working on one of the missions? It is an impossible task to prove "throwing a game" whether WG has the back bone or not.

[SALVO]
Members
26,051 posts
28,775 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

How do you know the Op was throwing the game and not creatively working on one of the missions? It is an impossible task to prove "throwing a game" whether WG has the back bone or not.

I don't think that WG has to "prove" it beyond a reasonable doubt, i.e. the legal standard.  They could just say that a strong appearance of attempting to throw a battle would be enough in their eyes.

[SALVO]
Members
4,620 posts
21,182 battles
4 minutes ago, eviltane said:

There would be an awful lot of people cut out. 

OK how about you cant play T10?

Stuck playing T9 max.  After 10 battle if you can't maintain that level kick to T8 ect.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,569 posts
18,377 battles

As I stated in another thread of the same type it would have probably made sense for WG to put some restrictions in place prior to allowing low tier players to purchase high tier ships. But WG wants money, they are a business after all, and don't seem to really care about the player experience. Those players buying high tier ships with no experience are likely getting harassed by their team mates for their poor play, plus I doubt they're having fun getting killed early. 

Honestly I'm really not sure if this is an anti CV thread or an anti new player buying high tier ships thread. Regardless WG is never going to punish people for having low experience games. How would that benefit them as a business? 

I Have No Idea What's Going On | Reaction Images | Know Your Meme

Edited by Jolly_Rodgered
  • Funny 1

Members
10 posts
5,453 battles

honestly i dont really like any tier below 8, and 

1 minute ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

As I stated in another thread of the same type it would have probably made sense for WG to put some restrictions in place prior to allowing low tier players to purchase high tier ships. But WG wants money, they are a business after all, and don't seem to really care about the player experience. Those players buying high tier ships with no experience are likely getting harassed by their team mates for their poor play, plus I doubt they're having fun getting killed early. 

Honestly I'm really not sure if this is an anti CV thread or an anti new player buying high tier ships thread. 

I Have No Idea What's Going On | Reaction Images | Know Your Meme

i agree with you LOL

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't think that WG has to "prove" it beyond a reasonable doubt, i.e. the legal standard.  They could just say that a strong appearance of attempting to throw a battle would be enough in their eyes.

This is true, but it would require individual review of the entire battle and I don't think WG has the staff for that. Then there are the people who are unavoidably called away to something (as I was last Friday), and rather than go completely AFK they set autopilot and offer their ship up as a sacrifice for the enemy to focus on or tell their kid to take over. Granted, it's best to say something in chat if that's the case and you have the time to do it, but it's not always possible.

[SALVO]
Members
26,051 posts
28,775 battles
19 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

If you can't net 300 base XP in a loss 700 base XP in a win, you have to go to Coop?

This doesn't seem fair to me.  What if you just have bad luck in a DD and get dev struck by enemy torps early in the battle?  Sometimes ship happens through no real fault of your own.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,345 posts
10,370 battles
26 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

It's going to get a lot worse after January 20th.........a lot worse

Why this specific date? (just wondering...Thanks)

[NG-NL]
Members
376 posts
10,315 battles
12 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Your "feelings" aren't relevant. 
...if an 8 - 10 year old, locked down and out of school, wants to play this game, it appears they most certainly can !   And, if GrandMa or GrandPa want to buy them Premium ship to use....

Indeed. I'm quite glad that this game isn't guided by the outrage often expressed in this forum.
Fortunately, most people in the game seem to enjoy playing it.

As you say, this game is accessible to a wide range of people. That's something I really love about it. Just in my clan, we have older folks, middle age, and the occasional teen. Some of our best conversations bridge the gap between generations. And hey, if someone spends money to skip grinding a few ships, that doesn't harm me. It's not like my learning curve depends on theirs.

What's coming on January 20th? Is that when they introduce the new Special ships like Hizen and Vampire II? I've been saving coal and Free XP for those.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,345 posts
10,370 battles
16 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

BB that sit behind the CV all the game and try to hit stuff on max range

Hummm....food for thought......

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
11 minutes ago, Khafni said:

It'll start getting worse when school is out for Christmas break.

And, as you say, there are no requirements to play - not even money - but that money helps keep the game servers running.

Think about it this way:  the next US administration will lock down the US till 2022.....   That means there are going to be tens of thousands of young adults looking to play games.....since, they will not be in school !!!   We will see thousands of them drop into the game with Premium Ships only that their parents or Grandparents buy them.......   Want to bet what happens to game play quality?   Oh yes, there will be revenue !  The servers will stay on........

• Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
11,593 posts
10,718 battles
9 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

OK how about you cant play T10?

Stuck playing T9 max.  After 10 battle if you can't maintain that level kick to T8 ect.

Why?  

So the few players that take it serious can have "their game"?

How much money you willing to spend for this?

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
9 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Honestly I'm really not sure if this is an anti CV thread or an anti new player buying high tier ships thread. Regardless WG is never going to punish people for having low experience games. How would that benefit them as a business?

(sigh....)  Restrictions?  We are not a skill based game?!  There are no rules other than to buy what you want, do what you want and say what you want until someone says you can't.....  And then, start over again until something else happens.....

You are correct:  nothing can or will happen.......   Nothing.   It is a business to entertain........nothing more.