Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Always Courageous Collection....JUST enough!

40 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,692 posts

Got the final 6 containers tonight.

All of them had Duplicate items.

Had 2 left to complete the collection.

Had 8 Dupes.

Finished the collection and got the Oklahoma ( yay? ) 

So It can be done for free.

[ORDER]
Members
2 posts
2,822 battles

Congrats! I have 3 dupes and one item left to complete the collection...

I would be able to finish even if I get another dupe :-) 

How did you get yours? I never paid attention on what I was playing to get these LOL

[NOVUM]
Members
97 posts
5,201 battles

Yep. Had enough of the collection to trade in dupes to get it after the 6th set of missions.

But decided to wait till I finished the 7th set so I would get more silver. Traded for the last two items I needed and still had 9 duplicates left over.

[GOB]
Members
2,692 posts
22 minutes ago, ChrisM_76 said:

How did you get yours? I never paid attention on what I was playing to get these LOL

I have no idea...  I did so some lo tier stuff that was kinda painful but after that it was just dailies as I was getting crates etc.

[PVE]
Members
10,869 posts
18,755 battles

I didn't play today but should be able to finish the BB missions, I always save my duplicates up until I can finish the collection so that my odds are better at not getting a duplicate. I seem to finish these collections with ease and without buying any crates. Congrats how is the ship?

[X-M-S]
Members
148 posts
3,325 battles

I could buy the last few with duplicates right now and have 4 dup's left.  But I haven't finished the last mission (6 containers) so I'm waiting to see if I pick up a couple more w/o using dup's.

I won a couple extra containers from a CC twitch raffle and a twitch drop IIRC.

[O_O]
Members
6,948 posts
16,792 battles
5 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

how is the ship?

Oklahoma is nice to look at.

I can't recommend you do anything else with it.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[NOVEL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,930 battles
13 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Oklahoma is nice to look at.

I can't recommend you do anything else with it.

About this. I got my collection done about 10 days ago. She looks real nice. But there are better ships out there to play. Unless you think, that the Kansas is the best addition to the game saince closed beta.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,889 posts
16,962 battles
6 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Had 8 Dupes.

Oh my, that is cutting it fine! Congratulations, I guess! 

I have mixed feelings about mine. She looks great, she sails great, she even shoots great - but what happens when the shells finally arrive can be dreadfully disappointing. If her AP shells actually worked, she'd be a much better ship (said also Jellicoe and Beatty after Jutland - if the Royal Navy's shells had worked in 1916 as well as Duke of York's did against Scharnhorst in '43, Jutland would have been Trafalgar all over again).

3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Unless you think, that the Kansas is the best addition to the game saince closed beta.

I'm really starting to like my Kansas. Her shells have their own problems, but they're better at range than Oklahoma's for sure.

[O_O]
Members
6,948 posts
16,792 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm really starting to like my Kansas.

If you want to enjoy Kansas, simply play Oklahoma first!  :cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
22,889 posts
16,962 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

If you want to enjoy Kansas, simply play Oklahoma first!  :cap_like:

I play Kansas first every day to pick up that extra 500XP for doing nothing more. While the Key Battles thing is on it's especially easy, because even a Kansas can hoover up 10K damage without breaking a sweat.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
909 posts
14,079 battles

Um correct me if I am wrong (already finished it), but isn't it 1 to 1 exchange instead of the usual 3 or 4 (and sometimes 5) to 1? If so if you have enough duplicates, why are you waiting?

[O_O]
Members
6,948 posts
16,792 battles
3 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Um correct me if I am wrong (already finished it), but isn't it 1 to 1 exchange instead of the usual 3 or 4 (and sometimes 5) to 1? If so if you have enough duplicates, why are you waiting?

The trade rate for this collection is 4:1.

The trade rate for the Epochs of the Navy collection is 1:1.

Edited by desmo_2

[1CVDV]
Members
244 posts
12,060 battles

I won mine by finishing part 5.this last set of crates(6 I believe)is all about the 3600 in coal for me.whatever else there is is just a bonus..unfortunetly the okie will have the same fate as texas for me..port queens for coal...

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
909 posts
14,079 battles
16 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The trade rate for this collection is 4:1.

The trade rate for the Epochs of the Navy collection is 1:1.

That's what happens when you have three collections on the go at once (two now). :cap_fainting:

Members
263 posts
23,452 battles
18 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

This is like the old collections always were, so it is really important for most players to wait until all possible ones are collected and then cashing them in.  I am now waiting to see the myriad of threads about people that went ahead and cashed them in to get one piece, not realizing that it would keep them from finishing it due to the exchange rate.

[GOB]
Members
2,692 posts
8 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Congrats how is the ship?

Just took her her out the once... gotta say 

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Almost as painful as her reload.

Will try to get more joy out of her today.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[SSGS]
Members
109 posts
20,631 battles

13 of 16 collected, with 18(!) duplicates.  Enough to finish, but this duplicate nonsense is really irritating.

When I did the Motherland collection I started with 1 collected and 2 dupes right from the start.  Seriously??

For the American Cruisers collection I had 44 out of 48 with 67(!!!) duplicates.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,889 posts
16,962 battles
9 minutes ago, MrYee said:

For the American Cruisers collection I had 44 out of 48 with 67(!!!) duplicates.

You've got to be careful about comparing that one to the others. American Cruisers pieces you could theoretically go on collecting until the sun grew old and died, if WOWS lasted that long; so it didn't matter how many duplicates you got (and since her ultimate prize is a free permacamo for the Tier 8 Cleveland, it was worth trading the dups as soon as you had enough to finish, if you needed it for the ship). For the limited duration collections, I agree, it can get a bit fretful at times.

[FLTF1]
Members
261 posts
7,493 battles
On 11/24/2020 at 2:15 AM, Col_Nasty said:

Got the final 6 containers tonight.

All of them had Duplicate items.

Had 8 Dupes.

Finished the collection and got the Oklahoma ( yay? ) 

So It can be done for free.

I had some dupes to spare, after getting last containers, and I still have active mission where I need to do 1900 and 2000 pure XP battles to get 2 more containers, even tho I already have the oklahoma

[ARGSY]
Members
22,889 posts
16,962 battles
1 minute ago, crazyrom said:

I had some dupes to spare, after getting last containers, and I still have active mission where I need to do 1900 and 2000 pure XP battles to get 2 more containers, even tho I already have the oklahoma

Unless you routinely do that well, I wouldn't sweat it if I already had the ship. It's just a few flags/camos and a handful of credits. You just know that RNGesus is going to hand you a snake-eyes MM roll if you try to bust a gut for it unnecessarily.

[FLTF1]
Members
261 posts
7,493 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Unless you routinely do that well, I wouldn't sweat it if I already had the ship. It's just a few flags/camos and a handful of credits. You just know that RNGesus is going to hand you a snake-eyes MM roll if you try to bust a gut for it unnecessarily.

Yeah, not making effort at all. if I do the 2000xp battles, ok, also ok if I don't. I did some 2200-2300xp recently, so I know I can, but not making extra effort.

Sign in to follow this