You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Boomer625

What will probably net the most xp?

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
732 posts
1,761 battles

The T7 DD Mahan’s or the T7 BB Scharnhorst?

The Mahan can do spotting and torpedo damage, as well as capping/defending caps

the Scharnhorst has the premium status, as well as pretty fast high caliber 11 inch guns, with potential torpedo and secondaries adding damage (and more Xp in)

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,322 posts
16,875 battles

the one that you are most comfortably playing in any situation and survive long enough to win the battle or end of the battle; during the time, you have to do enough dam, enough support, and everything else required for that particular battle

No other way around

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,869 posts
18,755 battles

The one that you use in Operation Narai, basically either of them but Scharney rocks there.

[LOU1]
Members
4,248 posts
12,680 battles

Very dependent on which you do better with.  In my case, Scharn is a big lumbering DD with secondaries and big guns.  I find it a lot of fun to drive and survive a lot better than I do in my Mahan.  So for me, I take Scharn out when I need to accomplish a task at that tier or need a "comfort" ship.

Edited by ExploratorOne
Typo

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,901 posts
18,030 battles

As others have already said. Which ever you do the best in.

I like the Mahan, but love my Lucky Scharnhorst 

Members
1 post
8,232 battles

Mostly it will depend on what you can perform better in. A DD inherently has more XP potential because of easy caps and huge damage potential from torpedoes. Though if you perform well in BB, especially Scharny, you can net a good amount of XP. Take whatever you're most comfortable in honestly.

[PVE]
Members
7,560 posts
23,541 battles
6 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

the Scharnhorst has the premium status, as well as pretty fast high caliber 11 inch guns, with potential torpedo and secondaries adding damage (and more Xp in)

The most common response was, "whichever you do best in"...but the majority of them said they do better in the Scharn...you can survive a brawl into torp range better in the Scharn (I don't have it but it worked pretty well in the Gneis & Tirp so guessing the Scharn will do good too)...

...& there is no more enjoyable experience than torping a DD out w/a BB & if Sharn's...& if it's handling is anything like Gneis' then it's not that uncommon...& you can survive more torp hits than the DD while doing it & sometimes you can get away w/out taking any...but be at full speed while maneuvering towards it for best results.

Summary: Scharn...unless you are an exceptional DD player (but then again that helps while playing Scharn too) has the most potential.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,033 posts
20,709 battles
30 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

but the majority of them said they do better in the Scharn

A lot lower skill floor than a DD. Most people in this game, me included, aren't very good at driving DDs.

[NSEW]
Members
454 posts
4,036 battles

Why is that? I'm relatively inexperienced and I find it the easiest class to win with in a game

Quite simply all you need to do is find a way to kill/outspot enemy DDs at the beginning, since a team with no DDs is in dire straits, then cap/scout to facilitate damage for the team. Might be a lot of 10~30k damage games but a win is a win.

Its annoying how nuanced and complicated Cruiser and Battleship play gets sometimes

Quite a lot of effort for very minimal impact sometimes

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork

[REVY]
Members
8,239 posts
6,118 battles
7 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

Depends on what your good at.  I'm good at DDs so I have no doubt I'd perform better in the Mahan, but I have the Scharnhorst and find her a very fun ship, even if statistics show I preformed way better in the Gneisenau.

Looking at your stats and seeing you have a 91% ship bias towards USN ships and about 1000 battles under your belt, I would recommend the Mahan since that's where all your skilled commanders would be.

[PVE]
Members
7,560 posts
23,541 battles
25 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Why is that? I'm relatively inexperienced and I find it the easiest class to win with in a game

Quite simply all you need to do is find a way to kill/outspot enemy DDs at the beginning, since a team with no DDs is in dire straits, then cap/scout to facilitate damage for the team. Might be a lot of 10~30k damage games but a win is a win.

Its annoying how nuanced and complicated Cruiser and Battleship play gets sometimes

Quite a lot of effort for very minimal impact sometimes

Your OP didn't state your DD experience or the fact you find BBs "nuanced & complicated".

Based on that new data Benson is the better option & the thread was not necessary to determine that as this post pretty much answered your title's question...but you might be surprised what Scharn (Gneis in my experience) can do...especially when you apply that DD experience to your play style in it.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,840 posts
9,859 battles
2 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

The low raw damage is misleading though. That 10-30k is going to be mostly DD damage, and caps pay pretty well.

I've placed top 3 plenty of times with low raw damage.

I find that, for the most part, high damage games are either a single nice torp shot at a parked BB, or farming after the game is all but decided 

[X-PN]
Members
1,497 posts
11,900 battles
10 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The one that you use in Operation Narai, basically either of them but Scharney rocks there.

Sshhhhhh.

If it gets too popular again we'll get another nerf.  WG can't have players playing what they want to, they MUST play randoms.