You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

So. uhh.. when does 0.9.11 go live?

39 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,563 posts
4,771 battles

From the News article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-guides/single-game-client/

Client and server update

Prior to the changes, the game client was updated and the new version was installed on the server simultaneously on the day the new game version was released.

Starting from Update 0.9.11, the client and server will be updated at different times:

• The game client will be updated simultaneously for all regions before a new game version is released. For example, the client will be updated to version 0.9.11 on November 30, 2020, from 22:00 to 23:00 PT (06:00 to 07:00 UTC), with the preliminary download of the new update starting earlier.
  • The game server will be updated as before, according to the schedule published in the news about the next game update.

I take it this means Dec. 2, which will have been 5 weeks since 0.9.10 and after Black Friday...

leaving 0.9.12 to drop on .. uh .. New Year's Eve Eve?

Members
3,966 posts
43,533 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

From the News article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-guides/single-game-client/

I take it this means Dec. 2, which will have been 5 weeks since 0.9.10 and after Black Friday...

In the year 2021: The Year We Make Contact.

*Floating Cap totally naked as an infant, yet he is hung like a baby Kraken.

You may all thank me later for that visual as all of you have forcibly ejected the liquid of your preference onto your keyboards and now all of you have to buy keyboards.

Tada.🤣

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

May I suggest there was a mini-patch or something to the launcher in the past couple days.  

Now I'm noticing the laggiest da** gameplay I've seen for months. Months I tell you. Any relation? Probably not but sweet if there was. 

Does anyone know if they do any type of performance testing on their patchfests they have every four to six weeks?  Or maybe run the patches through some kinda magic, optimizing buff-nerfer?? 

giphy.gif

Sure could use some of it . 

It just makes me want to stay further away from the game. And for the umpteenth time, no it is not my device, so yeah, don't ask. :cap_haloween:

[WOLF7]
Members
821 posts
18 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

May I suggest there was a mini-patch or something to the launcher in the past couple days.  

Now I'm noticing the laggiest da** gameplay I've seen for months. Months I tell you. Any relation? Probably not but sweet if there was. 

Does anyone know if they do any type of performance testing on their patchfests they have every four to six weeks?  Or maybe run the patches through some kinda magic, optimizing buff-nerfer?? 

giphy.gif

It just makes me want to stay further away from the game. And for the umpteenth time, no it is not my device, so yeah, don't ask. :cap_haloween:

What's the point of the "Kung Pao: Enter the Fist" gif? Did I miss the joke?

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
349 posts
24,696 battles

Note that there is no separate PT for 0.9.12 so it'll can be very quick release.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,563 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, o4x4 said:

Note that there is no separate PT for 0.9.12 so it'll can be very quick release.

You mean like, Christmas Eve Eve?

i rather suspicion that it's to give the testers, builders, and cleanup crew the holidays off.

Edited by iDuckman

[UNC]
Members
897 posts
6,258 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Not sure what caused it, but I noticed ships in game tonight kind of stuttering.  Not sure how else to describe it, but instead of smooth constant motion they were jerky.  Looked like a bad stop-motion film.  Also seemed like a few salvos did not go where I anticipated but that could just as easily have been me.  Framerate was constant at around 75, ping was constant around 35; did not appear to be dropping packets at all.  No recent hardware changes. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
5 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

What's the point of the "Kung Pao: Enter the Fist" gif? Did I miss the joke?

Magical buff-nerfer for some reason triggered the word "mooooo" in my mind. Probably doesn't make sense to you but there's the reason. Quite often, my logic doesn't make sense. But it does. 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,995 posts
17,020 battles
10 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

all of you have forcibly ejected the liquid of your preference onto your keyboards

Ew, dude, the implications! The mental imagery! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Meh 1

[_NBD]
Beta Testers
67 posts
11,164 battles
14 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Well considering The Big Hunt event is due to end on Dec 2, I would assume the update would remove this and hopefully get rid of all the crashes and bugs it brought with it!

All I can say is that i played round 1 and 2 of the PT 09.11/0.9.12 that just finished and I had ZERO CRASHES and ZERO issues so hopefully back to normal come Dec 2!

[INTEL]
Members
3,413 posts
18,872 battles
8 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

giphy.gif

There was an update to the launcher on the 19th and to the game yesterday.

image.jpg

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
612 posts
12,461 battles

Just look at the schedule of updates that WG publishes.

Here I'll post a link to it.

Yeah, it's here somewhere, just give me a minute

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
40 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Milking that gif until it's dry me thinks. Kind of cheesy.

nAH was just trying to explain myself. 

Your comment might be more like this: 

3eJLtkqqSyioRgz0xzGP_nafV1sAPS2IEeqrMfVF

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,563 posts
4,771 battles
3 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

There was an update to the launcher on the 19th and to the game yesterday.

That must be for the Black Friday event.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
11 hours ago, o4x4 said:

Yeah that is what I am thinking. I suspect 9.11 will be very short.

[INTEL]
Members
3,413 posts
18,872 battles
11 hours ago, o4x4 said:

9 hours ago, iDuckman said:

You mean like, Christmas Eve Eve?

i rather suspicion that it's to give the testers, builders, and cleanup crew the holidays off.

15 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah that is what I am thinking. I suspect 9.11 will be very short.

Unless I'm misreading this, 0.9.12 can't happen until at least Dec 30 (4 weeks from Dec 2).

Assuming 0.9.11 doesn't show up tomorrow.  And that would be odd for a couple of reasons.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
19 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Unless I'm misreading this, 0.9.12 can't happen until at least Dec 30 (4 weeks from Dec 2).

Assuming 0.9.11 doesn't show up tomorrow.  And that would be odd for a couple of reasons.

Well in the above thread the argument is that there is no time for 9.12 at all lol.

I think we are looking at some sort of compressed release or combo release of 9.11 and 9.12

I really do not think the snowflake/dockyard/santacrates are happening after Christmas. Probably why the test server is for 9.11 and 9.12

Ok so now having said that the dev blog from November 12th said that 10.1 was about 3 months away...so that would mean February. 

So it could mean that the timing will be normal and yeah all of the Holiday stuff (9.12) will be in January.......man I hope not. 

It would be really nice to have the holiday stuff during the holidays lol. Makes getting it all done much more likely. Maybe I need to look at the holiday stuff in my other games. WOWS has been King of this for awhile but nothing last forever. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,413 posts
18,872 battles
12 minutes ago, paradat said:

Well in the above thread the argument is that there is no time for 9.12 at all lol.

I think we are looking at some sort of compressed release or combo release of 9.11 and 9.12

I really do not think the snowflake/dockyard/santacrates are happening after Christmas. Probably why the test server is for 9.11 and 9.12

Ok so now having said that the dev blog from November 12th said that 10.1 was about 3 months away...so that would mean February. 

So it could mean that the timing will be normal and yeah all of the Holiday stuff (9.12) will be in January.......man I hope not. 

It's possible that the 0.9.11 code release has most of the snowflake event embedded and will not go active until a couple of weeks after it is released.  Or they have a 0.9.11.1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
5 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

It's possible that the 0.9.11 code release has most of the snowflake event embedded and will not go active until a couple of weeks after it is released.  Or they have a 0.9.11.1

Yeah that is what I am hoping. Maybe we can start to figure out what is in 9.11 vs 9.12