Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Venac

When did they start awarding money for clan battles.

15 comments in this topic

Members
454 posts

I see that the top 4 clan battle teams for each region are invited to an international tournament which has a cash award fund of $30,000 US. When did they start this?

Edited by Venac

[NFJF]
Members
76 posts
2,274 battles

its not real clan battles or a brawl for that matter its a tournament like any other with a corporate backer . warships master just happened this weekend and i think the winning players get $1k .  

Members
454 posts
23 minutes ago, SeaKing_CityDel said:

its not real clan battles or a brawl for that matter its a tournament like any other with a corporate backer . warships master just happened this weekend and i think the winning players get $1k .  

22 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

This season and the prizes are being doled out by a corporate sponsor (Verizon).

I see, thank you both for the replies. 

Members
3,949 posts
43,391 battles

Of course, like all professional sports. All players will be tested for performance enhancement chemicals. Even the stuff they wear around their eyes to reduce "wrinkles". And those eye drops that suddenly everyone has dry eye, yet not a single Twitch streamer in history has every applied drops live.

1k bucks. That's a lot of money. A fistful of dollars. Maybe a few dollars more.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in the Tournament.

But no Deadpool. Contractual obligations.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[PSA]
Members
5,114 posts
3,732 battles

It's a new thing for WOWS, but I hope it won't be the only time we see this. E-Sports are very popular and it's nice to reward good players and teams with more than just a pat on the back when other games regularly have tournaments with cash prizes in the millions.

• Cool 1

Members
454 posts
21 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

It's a new thing for WOWS, but I hope it won't be the only time we see this. E-Sports are very popular and it's nice to reward good players and teams with more than just a pat on the back when other games regularly have tournaments with cash prizes in the millions.

I agree!!

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,514 posts
4,771 battles
15 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Of course, like all professional sports. All players will be tested for performance enhancement chemicals.

Correct. 

In this case, anyone found not to be using performance enhancing chemicals will be fined half their winnings.  PECs make a match more interesting to observers.

Members
3,949 posts
43,391 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Correct. 

In this case, anyone found not to be using performance enhancing chemicals will be fined half their winnings.  PECs make a match more interesting to observers.

"He just citadeled that Yammy and only broke a tiny bit of fruit punch colored sweat. His eyes are glowing green. He is in the zone. His cat is operating the consumables because he gave a mental order, you can see that throbbing vein on that ginormous fivehead. Wow, he citadeled another Yammy. Smoke is coming from behind his rear, his cat just passed out. That burrito he ate at pre game must be the culprit, but he sure is fired up now! He went channel, he ran over the DD, crushed the Petro and it screamed, he only has 1k HP left, the timer is almost out, he scores! Uh, call the paramedics, he looks like he passed out. But his team, OverbearingOverdosedOnCrazySomethingIReallyCantSayOnStreamTeam won the match!" 

And we now go to our new sponsor, Hair Club For Young Men. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,514 posts
4,771 battles

:cat_cool:

"Hoopy froods like these pros use our new Mohawk and Spike Wax.

"Now back to the action. I see Kansas' main guns are still reloading... "

Edited by iDuckman

Members
3,949 posts
43,391 battles
14 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

But then it might lead to pageantry. And we know who used to run those.

Getting a pat on the back is nothing if you get your check and grabby hands pat something else.

Then there will be players with....MODS!

Some would be even surgical, like extra fingers and implants to enhance "ergonomics".

A player with 3 eyes could get disqualified if one eye is looking at the minimap and the regular eyes 👀 are aiming. 

IDK, once you inject professional sports into a community of players that seldom behave professionally, 🔪 there could be problems.

The game is not fast enough.

Unless you have 5 minute random matches. Viewers could get bored, pizza needs to be eaten hot 🔥, so watching the match unfold can sometimes be like watching paint dry.

You would need color commentary, jokes, cutaway scenes in case a player has a freak vivacious shart live, etc.

It would be a nightmare to manage and would require an insanely gifted person to do it.

Maybe if WG had its own channel outside of the box, then it would have creative control. It can then deal with ads, sponsors, and pro league players with an autonomy without the interference of say a Twitch or YouTube.

Well, that's all I got. I have to sleep now 😴

[A-I-M]
Members
3,859 posts
24,410 battles
On 11/23/2020 at 8:55 PM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Of course, like all professional sports. All players will be tested for performance enhancement chemicals. Even the stuff they wear around their eyes to reduce "wrinkles". And those eye drops that suddenly everyone has dry eye, yet not a single Twitch streamer in history has every applied drops live.

1k bucks. That's a lot of money. A fistful of dollars. Maybe a few dollars more.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in the Tournament.

But no Deadpool. Contractual obligations.

There's one thing you wont see in these invitationals, and its what makes the battles worth watching. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,218 posts

The one public gaming situation I recall was with TechTV G4 back in the day when they arranged a battle live on air in one of the game servers with us. It worked out nicely. They played well. It was not a competition.

Fast forward to today, I recall dish showing Eleqaue competitions in whatever video game over Lan between teams in front of a audience. Now I don't know about you but think thats a bit much. If there is money in it sure why not. I don't have a problem with it in the end.

My game play is pretty boring actually. Not really worth showing off so you wont see me in any competition or display. Not to mention age has a way of slowing things down just a little bit. Fortunately Wows gameplay is slower than that giving me time to think a problem through.

Sign in to follow this