You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rose_Mae_Alovera

i want to buy 1st premium ship

25 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
1,512 battles

i need suggestion for buying  premium ship using money cash

my choices will be:
ALASKA,GEORGIA,POMMERN AGIR?

THANKS IN ADVANCE MATE!!

Edited by Rose_Mae_Alovera

[WOLF8]
Members
7,780 posts
6,528 battles

Well, IMO, that depends.

What kind of playstyle do you like/enjoy? Which tech tree line are you focusing on and/or enjoy playing? What are your long term goals in this game, especially in terms of grinding tech tree lines? Maybe you'll find your answer when you answer these questions... lol.

AFAIK, all four of the ships that you listed are all good ships.

I personally would pick Pommern, but that's just me... because I like BB's, I like brawling, and I like German. But I'm not you, so I can't just recommend it without any context. So there.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[1CVDV]
Members
245 posts
12,090 battles

what are you buying with?cash,free xp,coal.  if you like cruiser play Alaska is a very sought out boat in tier9 pretty rugged with 305 mains that have the hard as nails u.s ap shells.good credit builder at t9 plus she will be leaving soon.georgia is also sought out for being blistering fast bb with a nice secondary build which that is how she should be built.the other two are relatively new and will more than likely be around for awhile.it really all depends on what you like playing because the two german boats are nice too,but in my opinion one or both of the two u.s boats would be my picks..

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,282 posts
10,209 battles

Alright, I’m going to be really honest with you. You are not ready for any of those premium ships. Your play count is very low and your stats in high tier (and low tier) lead me to believe you will not enjoy your time in these ships. IF you don’t heed my advice, choose Alaska or Georgia as it is being removed from shop soon. However, and I mean this as a player who wants to see the best in others, you shouldn’t buy anything until you’re good and ready. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[PHD]
Members
1,807 posts
7,245 battles

If you have the coal or XP why not.

Check LittleWhiteMouse 's reviews to see what fits best.

I  do not have either of them personally. But if you only have 1,100 battles you might want to try something from a lower tier to be a better fit for your experience. 

But I  think Alaska and Georgia are going to be removed, for a while at least. So one if them for later use could be good.

• Cool 1

Members
7 posts
1,512 battles
4 minutes ago, Saxon29 said:

what are you buying with?cash,free xp,coal.  if you like cruiser play Alaska is a very sought out boat in tier9 pretty rugged with 305 mains that have the hard as nails u.s ap shells.good credit builder at t9 plus she will be leaving soon.georgia is also sought out for being blistering fast bb with a nice secondary build which that is how she should be built.the other two are relatively new and will more than likely be around for awhile.it really all depends on what you like playing because the two german boats are nice too,but in my opinion one or both of the two u.s boats would be my picks..

cash mate

[META_]
Members
204 posts
3,064 battles

All four of those can be obtained with in-game currency (free xp or coal), so I'd strongly recommend saving up if you can wait.  Alaska and Georgia are both going away around the end of February (update 0.10.1), so I'd prioritize those two.  Georgia will run you 187,000 coal with a coupon (which will refresh in about a month if you've used it already) and Alaska is 1 million free exp.  Unless you're near zero on both of those resources, you should be able to earn enough for both.  For coal, join a clan with a coal port upgrade (+5-10% coal depending on the upgrade level) and complete all daily missions (400 coal) and get resource containers for your three daily containers (1200 coal minimum).  You'll end up averaging about 2000-2400 coal per day.  With roughly 90 days to go, that means you should have at least180,000 coal by the end of February.  Add in coal from other random missions, the current Oklahoma containers, and coal from the snowflake event for T5-7 ships and you should have more than enough to get Georgia.

For free xp, stack as many experience and free experience boost signals/camos as possible.  Free xp is calculated off of total xp earned after modifiers, not base xp, so you want your total xp as high as possible when stacking free xp boosts.  If you're at zero, it's probably not possible without a big stock of boosts, but just a 100% free xp camo and 300% free xp flag (Papa Papa) will get you around 1000-2000 free xp per game.  Running all boosts, you can get up to 20-30k in a high-tier win where you do well.

If you want to buy a ship outright, Alaska B will likely be available in some form as part of the Black Friday sale at the end of this week.  If it's for direct purchase, it'll have around a 15% discount based on previous years.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,559 posts
6,845 battles

Georgia and Alaska are likely disappearing forever in about 10 weeks or so, so I'd put them higher on your list if losing out on them forever (most likely) has any meaning to you.

Members
3,967 posts
14,414 battles

If you insist on those ships. They are all good. My suggestion in order, GA, AK, Pom, Agir.

GA/AK are better than Pom/Agir in my opinion (again all still good ships), but more importantly availability wise, they are being removed in a few months. Pom/Agir will still be available for awhile after that afaik. 

I do agree with usedcarjock, a tier 6/7 might be better suited for you. But do as you please.

Members
486 posts
2,883 battles
7 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

I do agree with usedcarjock, a tier 6/7 might be better suited for you. But do as you please. 

I think we're rapidly reaching a point where 8+ will be the playable tiers. The low tiers are emptying out, leaving 5s and 6s to get uptiered more often. And as we know, tier 7 is a mess - constant tier 9 games.

[1CVDV]
Members
245 posts
12,090 battles
19 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Alright, I’m going to be really honest with you. You are not ready for any of those premium ships. Your play count is very low and your stats in high tier (and low tier) lead me to believe you will not enjoy your time in these ships. IF you don’t heed my advice, choose Alaska or Georgia as it is being removed from shop soon. However, and I mean this as a player who wants to see the best in others, you shouldn’t buy anything until you’re good and ready. 

you do as you wish with your cash skipper,but the salesman is making a valid point!good luck in whatever you actions are though!sax29

Members
3,967 posts
14,414 battles
4 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

I think we're rapidly reaching a point where 8+ will be the playable tiers. The low tiers are emptying out, leaving 5s and 6s to get uptiered more often. And as we know, tier 7 is a mess - constant tier 9 games.

Probably mostly true. T9 is a sweet spot for MM now, so it might be to OP's liking.

Gonna run 100 Oklahoma games in the next week or 2, Ill see how MM and Tier 5 is nowadays.

Edited by Rollingonit

[-TKS-]
Members
1,282 posts
10,209 battles
13 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

At least you can use Tier 6 and 7 premiums in Scenarios.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,443 posts
13,111 battles
11 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

@Rose_Mae_Alovera I've got to agree with Usedcarjock, Just based on what tier ships you own, I don't think your ready to dive head first into the deep end of the pool.

That said, there's nothing wrong with picking up a premium you're not ready for, and getting the daily victory bonus in co-op with it regularly. Especially if you're really looking at a ship that may not realistically be available again for a long time/ever again. It might also be something good to take out in divisions with your clan mates while you build the experience you'll need to be successful with it on your own.

There's nothing wrong with any of the ships you've listed, it's all a playstyle question, and only you can answer that.

As far as having enough games to be ready for high tier premiums, I'm gonna say you need 150 to 200 games at tier 8 or higher. Tier 8's will see tier 10's often enough I doubt it will matter what tier premium you get, you'll know what to expect. I don't really think it matters if that's in the same ship or spread between several different types, it's all about seeing how people pay at tier 10, getting something done, and not being a damage/XP/Credit piñata.

[PAK]
Members
123 posts
34,161 battles

Alaska is what I would suggest. I want this game to go forever so please spend money on it. That being said there are some great YouTube vids on how to play a CA and on how to play the Alaska that will make it a lot more fun when you belly flop on the deep end! Message me on the NA server as Diison and lets do a round or two in your new ship!

[VORTX]
Members
573 posts
7,501 battles
1 hour ago, Rose_Mae_Alovera said:

my choices will be:

THANKS IN ADVANCE MATE!!

You can score all of these for “free” if you have the time and patience to play. I have Alaska and Georgia, love them both. Pom is an excellent brawler and would be an excellent boat as well. I haven't heard as much positive news on Agir. A ship That is not available for free, but fits with these and is a blast to play; the Massachusetts. If you have a 25% off coupon laying around it’s $40. I’ve played the snot out of mine and have not a cent of buyers remorse from it. If you don’t have the time to earn one of your listed ships, my preference is Georgia. GL, HH. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
1 hour ago, Rose_Mae_Alovera said:

my choices will be:

THANKS IN ADVANCE MATE!!

Tirpitz.... always Tirpitz.

If you are a new player I would rank in order. (I have and like all of them)

Pommern - Georgia - Alaska - Agir.

if you are more experienced I would rank them

Alaska - Gerorgia - Pommern - Agir.

Pommern is very forgiving and uber tanky, excellent in a push when you time it correctly.

Georgia is very dynamic fast flanking ship lots of options and playstayles.

Alaska may be tier for tier one of the best ships in the game. Great at locking down a corner. Excellent Flanker

Agir Is a pretty good ship but requires a lot of skill to get the most out of it. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,781 posts
14,741 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Georgia and Alaska are likely disappearing forever in about 10 weeks or so, so I'd put them higher on your list if losing out on them forever (most likely) has any meaning to you.

This.

The “normal prescription,” OP, given for requests like yours, is “wait until you are more experienced to jump into high-tier premiums.” 

However, due to the impending departure of Georgia and Alaska, I think a departure from the standard advice is warranted, so take your pick, or picks.

I would still suggest, in light of your limited experience, to

1. Go light (or even wait) on using whichever ships you get, until you are more experienced. That is only a suggestion (albeit a smart one) ; you have complete liberty to do as you wish. (Others in this forum would give you a harder line regarding this.

2. Because of your low battle count, don’t be hog-tied to your current playstyle preferences. If your pocketbook & good judgement allow you to afford both, get both, before they disappear. Then they’ll both be at-hand as your playstyle evolves.

3. The other two will likely be around for a little while.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
381 posts
3,236 battles
24 minutes ago, paradat said:

Tirpitz.... always Tirpitz.

If you are a new player I would rank in order. (I have and like all of them)

Pommern - Georgia - Alaska - Agir.

if you are more experienced I would rank them

Alaska - Gerorgia - Pommern - Agir.

Pommern is very forgiving and uber tanky, excellent in a push when you time it correctly.

Georgia is very dynamic fast flanking ship lots of options and playstayles.

Alaska may be tier for tier one of the best ships in the game. Great at locking down a corner. Excellent Flanker

Agir Is a pretty good ship but requires a lot of skill to get the most out of it. 

This.

With Georgia and Alaska due to be withdrawn I would personally be after those two in alphabetical order then the Pommern.  The Agir really does need a high skill ceiling.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
613 posts
12,464 battles
2 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

Gonna run 100 Oklahoma games in the next week or 2, Ill see how MM and Tier 5 is nowadays.

:cap_fainting::fish_boom::Smile_amazed:

[DVYJC]
Members
3,828 posts
9,505 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

This.

The “normal prescription,” OP, given for requests like yours, is “wait until you are more experienced to jump into high-tier premiums.” 

However, due to the impending departure of Georgia and Alaska, I think a departure from the standard advice is warranted, so take your pick, or picks.

I would still suggest, in light of your limited experience, to

1. Go light (or even wait) on using whichever ships you get, until you are more experienced. That is only a suggestion (albeit a smart one) ; you have complete liberty to do as you wish. (Others in this forum would give you a harder line regarding this.

2. Because of your low battle count, don’t be hog-tied to your current playstyle preferences. If your pocketbook & good judgement allow you to afford both, get both, before they disappear. Then they’ll both be at-hand as your playstyle evolves.

3. The other two will likely be around for a little while.

This advice is the best. 

[SCK]
Members
169 posts
22,846 battles

I'm betting you don't have the Thunderer either. I'd make it the top priority personally. I'd rank the ships you mentioned and the other two going away in Feb:

1. Thunderer - limited time to get it

2. Pommern - with premium capt. 

3. Georgia - limited time to get it

4. Alaska - limited time to get it

5. Smaland - limited time to get it

6. Agir - Alaska is better