Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RotorRider

Please return the steel rewards to the way they were.

13 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Members
14 posts
10,172 battles

Title is kind of self-explanatory, really.  The current system of steel rewards for clan battles, with 200 steel for every THREE wins per league (as opposed to each win, as it used to be) makes it very difficult for non-hardcore players and clans to obtain that resource.  In effect, it cut any incentive for playing clan battles by a third.  I MUCH prefer the old system, and would very much like to see it return to that level.

• Boring 2

[FFLY]
Beta Testers
73 posts

36 minutes ago, RotorRider said:

Title is kind of self-explanatory, really.  The current system of steel rewards for clan battles, with 200 steel for every THREE wins per league (as opposed to each win, as it used to be) makes it very difficult for non-hardcore players and clans to obtain that resource.  In effect, it cut any incentive for playing clan battles by a third.  I MUCH prefer the old system, and would very much like to see it return to that level.

Agreed

OH yea please sell more tier 10s!!!!!

first the PR  $240

Now the yammy for even more

[HOLE]
Members
200 posts
2,352 battles

Clan Battles are fine but a waste of time considering they are the same stale boring rise and repeat every season. I think WG just needs to continue making steel available in missions and events as they are. This allows people of less interest in competitive play to obtain steel while enjoying the game itself and don't have to waste time dealing with getting enough people in a clan to spend hours for little rewards. 

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,723 posts
12,547 battles

You can survive without steel ships.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,022 battles
2 hours ago, CrazySOB187 said:

Agreed

OH yea please sell more tier 10s!!!!!

first the PR  $240

Now the yammy for even more

It only like.. 230$ for the required doubloons to get the ARP yamato, . if the PR cost more than no wonder it was a disaster.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,694 posts
27,896 battles

The benefit now is that you don't have to get all the way up to typhoon league to get all of the available steel.  So a 50% WR clan can at least get half. 

[K-POP]
Members
4,803 posts
13,231 battles

I agree, even if they lower the amount per win so it matches approximately what they give in the current format. There have been multiple threads each season since they changed to the three wins for steel missions and plenty of comments of players that preferred the older system of steel on each win. However, changing it to needing three wins for the steel was probably done to weed out the casual clans that just play a few battles a season, and the lowering of the steel payout again encourages more participation in both CB and ranked, so I doubt it will go back to steel on every win in the near future.

Members
45 posts
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I agree, even if they lower the amount per win so it matches approximately what they give in the current format. There have been multiple threads each season since they changed to the three wins for steel missions and plenty of comments of players that preferred the older system of steel on each win. However, changing it to needing three wins for the steel was probably done to weed out the casual clans that just play a few battles a season, and the lowering of the steel payout again encourages more participation in both CB and ranked, so I doubt it will go back to steel on every win in the near future.

Why would you want to weed out the causal clans? Doesn't make sense especially since they just had to can some of the clans due to account sharing. Seems like a good way to kill the CB events entirely now since there is less incentive to play it due to the less rewarding steel system, and a dwindling player base for CB. I'm on one of the more casual clans and we don't play as many games as others mainly because of everyone's work schedule, and occasionally because we just want a break from WoWs for a bit.

I'm guessing this was more a way of "fixing" the abundance of steel ships in game by making them harder to obtain. Problem with this is that it puts players who do not have those ships an a more difficult position to obtain them.

[CSF-1]
Members
4 posts
17,756 battles

26 minutes ago, Panzer_Mac_W126 said:

Why would you want to weed out the causal clans? Doesn't make sense especially since they just had to can some of the clans due to account sharing. Seems like a good way to kill the CB events entirely now since there is less incentive to play it due to the less rewarding steel system, and a dwindling player base for CB. I'm on one of the more casual clans and we don't play as many games as others mainly because of everyone's work schedule, and occasionally because we just want a break from WoWs for a bit.

I'm guessing this was more a way of "fixing" the abundance of steel ships in game by making them harder to obtain. Problem with this is that it puts players who do not have those ships an a more difficult position to obtain them.

I have not really paid attention to the steel rewards, so I cannot make a comment on that.  However, being in a clan with similar structure (casual, work schedule conflicts, etc) I found it easier for us to participate in this seasons battles with the addition of being able to add a mercenary.  It also allows me and other players that want to play CB a better opportunity to earn rewards.  There is also an opportunity to preview a new clan if you are looking to join with a group of players that are more active.  I am marking this season up as more successful for me because of these reasons.  

The rewards were more of an added bonus.  My take for what it is worth. 

Members
45 posts

Adding mercenaries is one of the best decisions they've made. Personally I much preferred the old 1 win to reward system. While the old steel rewards system did have smaller rewards, mentally it just felt more rewarding because it felt like less of a task. The new system increased the steel rewards a little in some cases, but not enough to warrant the three wins for a reward in my opinion. Maybe more of 2:1 ratio but 3:1 gets annoying when your team gets maybe one or two good days a week to play and its primarily losses.

[DPG]
Supertester
737 posts
18,099 battles

I agree the Mercenary addition was a welcome change this season - Due to some real life stuff, We currently have a little shortage of EST players, so getting on early has been a challenge, but have an old member / friend of the clan who jumped in several times to get us started earlier than we  would have been able to otherwise. +1 for that! 

As to the rewards - A good suggestion above - Perhaps rather than 1 reward of 200 for 3 wins , maybe 80 steel / victory for each win for 25 battles would feel better - Same amount of steel, but get a little each victory - a similar amount to what we earn in snow flake events. Seems like a healthy compromise to me. 

Edited by Karandar

[-HUGS]
Members
86 posts
4,397 battles

The current systems of 3 wins per league was not the real problem for me last season. The issue was that the amount of directives (where the steel rewards come from) was limited.  I run a family friendly clan founded earlier this year and we got stuck into the Gale division quickly, to the point where a couple of players wouldn't get any more steel 2-3 weeks before the end of the season. Of course, moving up (or down  maybe) would have solved this issue, but it is easier said than done when you run different teams every night, with half the players having rental ships. 
In other words... The issue for the most regular players is that at one point, they got the choice between completing their recurring directives to get 40 steel, or do  clan battles and get exactly 0. Needless to say, that really cut the incentive for clan battles.

Sign in to follow this