Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RacerDemon

Wargaming, Fix This!

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

206
[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,134 battles

Wargaming, care to explain why the Harugumo takes full AP damage from shells? I just had 2 shells from a Montana do 20k damage. 1st shell did 14k the other 16k, Care to explain why it's acting like I have a citadel? Fix this glitch/bug 

  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,028
[KWF]
Members
5,585 posts
6,897 battles

Lul, Harugumo and Khabarovsk follow the old system of BB AP arming normally on DDs. It's not a bug, but it's scheduled to be removed for both Harugumo and Khabarovsk.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
486
[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,263 battles
10 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Wargaming, care to explain why the Harugumo takes full AP damage from shells? I just had 2 shells from a Montana do 20k damage. 1st shell did 14k the other 16k, Care to explain why it's acting like I have a citadel? Fix this glitch/bug 

PT 0.9.11, BALANCE CHANGES
We've changed the characteristics of several ships, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll continue to introduce changes in the updates that follow, if deemed necessary.

 
X KHABAROVSK; X HARUGUMO:

Damage to a ship's HP caused by an AP or SAP shell with a caliber of 280 mm and larger, will no longer exceed 10% of the maximum damage of the shell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,134 battles
14 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Lul, Harugumo and Khabarovsk follow the old system of BB AP arming normally on DDs. It's not a bug, but it's scheduled to be removed for both Harugumo and Khabarovsk.

Ok, not sure why thats even still in the game...but ok 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,134 battles
8 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

PT 0.9.11, BALANCE CHANGES
We've changed the characteristics of several ships, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll continue to introduce changes in the updates that follow, if deemed necessary.

 
X KHABAROVSK; X HARUGUMO:

Damage to a ship's HP caused by an AP or SAP shell with a caliber of 280 mm and larger, will no longer exceed 10% of the maximum damage of the shell

Thanks, so its not worth playing those ships till then, gotcha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
915
[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts

yeah, so, the 30% AP pen on Gumo and Khab is nothing new, and yet people have still been playing those ships since their release, so they are far from unworkable.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,130
[SALVO]
Members
6,638 posts
5,231 battles
3 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

Wargaming, care to explain why the Harugumo takes full AP damage from shells? I just had 2 shells from a Montana do 20k damage. 1st shell did 14k the other 16k, Care to explain why it's acting like I have a citadel? Fix this glitch/bug 

14k+16k=20k :cap_yes:

  • Funny 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,938
[A-I-M]
Members
3,764 posts
14,711 battles
21 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Monday Morning Math :cap_tea:

Monday Morning Math = MMM

Matchmaker Monitor = MMM

MMM + MMM = Spontaneous Combustion of WoWs tinfoil hats . All wearers cry out in unison: “Coincidence??? I think not!!!”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[T2IOF]
Members
8 posts
6,145 battles
6 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

1st shell did 14k the other 16k

Monty's max alpha per shell is 13.5K. you sure it wasn't 4K and 6K that did 10K?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
914
[REVY]
Members
2,609 posts
14,236 battles

it also depends on the ship angle.

 

Was the DD broadside? or did the shell go the length of the hull?

One is an overpen, the other is full penetration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
587
[WOLF7]
Members
820 posts
7 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Lul, Harugumo and Khabarovsk follow the old system of BB AP arming normally on DDs. It's not a bug, but it's scheduled to be removed for both Harugumo and Khabarovsk.

It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[YETI]
Members
23 posts
1,904 battles
7 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

Wargaming, care to explain why the Harugumo takes full AP damage from shells? I just had 2 shells from a Montana do 20k damage. 1st shell did 14k the other 16k, Care to explain why it's acting like I have a citadel? Fix this glitch/bug 

That's 30k...
just saying...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,433
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
7 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Lul, Harugumo and Khabarovsk follow the old system of BB AP arming normally on DDs. It's not a bug, but it's scheduled to be removed for both Harugumo and Khabarovsk.

Yep this^^^

All ready in the dev blog should be changing soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,787 battles
8 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

Ok, not sure why thats even still in the game...but ok 

This was in the game because those were the 2 DD that BB players feared and whined about the most back then. They have been power crept big time so they are no longer as feared by BB players as they used to be.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
287 posts
5,046 battles

  I'd just use HE on all DDs except the Khabarovsk. Chances are a BB loaded with AP would probably just shoot a DD with it and not go through the trouble of switching to HE. Probably a opportunity shot.  I've been hit my AP from BBs as a DD player and seen it still takes chunks off.  But it could of been worse.  Also could of been taking damage from another source as well.  I notice it combines total damage taken for a moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,536
[PSA]
Members
5,114 posts
3,732 battles

Heh, consider keeping tabs on the dev blog, OP. WG have already announced Khab and Haru are getting their full pens from BB shells removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×