You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EraserNZ1

MM woes

56 comments in this topic

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles

First i want to say I don't rage in the chat or talk smack to people about there stats in game or do I see my teams stats and give up I always try to win no matter what.

The set up one sided games that are happening atm is just sucking the life out of the game for me (that and cv's :))

I played one game today and feel like quitting for the night already.

Ouch.jpg

Hidden player names so its not stat shaming them. Team died in 4 mins

Games like this are happening to often to be "random" and the result decided before the game has begun.

Its no fun to be on the winning team or losing team when its like this. Just wondering if others are noticing games like this alot.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles

@DrHolmes52...another new topic we've never seen before...twice in 1 day...what's the odds?

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,867 battles
12 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

@DrHolmes52...another new topic we've never seen before...twice in 1 day...what's the odds?

It is a day ending in y.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[5D]
Members
1,135 posts
14,944 battles

Another person that doesn't understand that mm work only to balance ship type not player stats ....

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,158 posts
1 hour ago, EraserNZ1 said:

Games like this are happening to often to be "random" and the result decided before the game has begun.

You are implying that there is a trend but presenting only one example. Collect about a hundred more and then test statistically whether or not there was any significant difference in the overall average winrates between teams. I've done it several times. You will find there is not. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,867 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You are implying a trend from one example. Collect about a hundred more and then test statistically whether or not there was any significant difference in the overall average winrates between teams. I've done it several times. You will find there is not. 

Actually more like ten thousand more, one hundred will only give a sense of the direction the data is going but no guarantee.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,557 posts
5,888 battles
Just now, EraserNZ1 said:

First i want to say I don't rage in the chat or talk smack to people about there stats in game or do I see my teams stats and give up I always try to win no matter what.

The set up one sided games that are happening atm is just sucking the life out of the game for me (that and cv's :))

I played one game today and feel like quitting for the night already.

Ouch.jpg

Its no fun to be on the winning team or losing team when its like this. Just wondering if others are noticing games like this alot.

Get rid of MMM.  Problem solved.

• Cool 5

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
15 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Another person that doesn't understand that mm work only to balance ship type not player stats ....

thats what i used to think too

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You are implying that there is a trend but presenting only one example. Collect about a hundred more and then test statistically whether or not there was any significant difference in the overall average winrates between teams. I've done it several times. You will find there is not.  

I go on week long runs of games like this... do you think i'm going to screen shot and upload them all?? i'm way to lazy for that

You girls talk like its a crime to want good close games or something, or ya happy with the 4-5 min blowouts caused by the one sided stacking of teams?

The odds of ALL the red stat players been on the same team is almost impossible if the mm is truly random. its like saying you roll a dice 11 times and it rolls a 1 every time.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
5 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Get rid of MMM.  Problem solved.

ummm no thats not going to solve the 4 min blowout games.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WHS]
Members
242 posts
3,999 battles
7 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

its like saying you roll a dice 11 times and it rolls a 1 every time.

You're assuming that there are as many good players in the pool as bad. Look at the die and you'll realize that every single side says one on it.

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
25 minutes ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

You're assuming that there are as many good players in the pool as bad. Look at the die and you'll realize that every single side says one on it.

there was 24 people in that match 11 red and all 11 ended up on one team?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[O2]
Members
452 posts
10,033 battles

This tiny, little arcady boat game has apparently attached you emotionally to some stats...so much that you are publicly telling everybody that it's unfair that you lost a game. How about dropping the stats and the steam bath of self pity and just play the game for what it is? A tiny, little arcady boat game.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
Just now, Toxygene said:

This tiny, little arcady boat game has apparently attached you emotionally to some stats...so much that you are publicly telling everybody that it's unfair that you lost a game. How about dropping the stats and the steam bath of self pity and just play the game for what it is? A tiny, little arcady boat game.

i could care less about losing... what i have a problem is the game lasting 4 mins and one team been curb stomped. noone had fun thats what i have a problem with

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
2 hours ago, EraserNZ1 said:

With this ^^^, You're no longer advocating RANDOM MM... You're advocating a failed system called "SBMM."

SBMM will never work in WOWS...

Stop using MMM, problem solved...

All you're doing, is validating the math behind MM being RANDOM... Its nothing new... The math behind Random MM haven't changed since beta..

BTW, MM cant fix the problems of power creep.

Power creep is the reason you have shorter battles and one sided wins.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
30 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

With this ^^^, You're no longer advocating RANDOM MM... You're advocating a failed system called "SBMM."

SBMM will never work in WOWS...

Stop using MMM, problem solved...

All you're doing, is validating the math behind MM being RANDOM... Its nothing new... The math behind Random MM haven't changed since beta..

BTW, MM cant fix the problems of power creep.

Power creep is the reason you have shorter battles and one sided wins.

Me using match making monitor is not stacking one team and creating blow out matches...

Random MM would not be stacking one team now would it... its funny you bring up math because the odds on ALL 11 red stat players been put on the same team are insanely low like winning lotto low.

I just love how some people just don't get that if both teams were somewhat even in stats how much closer the games would be and how much more fun it would be to play.

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
24 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

Me using match making monitor is not stacking one team and creating blow out matches...

Random MM would not be stacking one team now would it... its funny you bring up math because the odds on ALL 11 red stat players been put on the same team are insanely low like winning lotto low.

I just love how some people just don't get that if both teams were somewhat even in stats how much closer the games would be and how much more fun it would be to play.

• You using MMM, will end up giving you distorted views.... Views, as I stated/pointed out, dont have a foundation in applied math since beta... Unfortunately, Power creep cannot be fixed by MM or SBMM... The only way to take away fast matches and one sided wins, by taking away the "power creep for profit" business model.
  • Whatever population in queue, MM has to deal with... Its under Random rules.. Not SBMM rules.. The math behind it have been proven for years and it haven't changed since beta.. Its consistent.. 
  • This is a distorted view not based on nothing but one's perception... Stats have nothing to do with what happens in a match...
    • Power creep on the other hand... Has a destructive domino affect.... there's even a math term for it... The Snowball Affect.

The math behind MM is comprised of

• 3 math theories
  • An affect, (the Snowball Affect).
  • Newtons 3 law of motion...

That is it...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:
  • You using MMM, will end up giving you distorted views.... Views, as I stated/pointed out, have a foundation in applied math since beta... Unfortunately, Power creep is cannot be fixed by MM or SBMM... The only way to take away fast matches and one sided wins, is by taking away the "power creep for profit" business model.
  • Whatever population in queue, MM has to deal with... Its under Random rules.. Not SBMM rules.. The math behind it have been proven for years and it haven't changed since beta.. Its consistent.. 
  • This is a distorted view not based on nothing but one's perception... Stats have nothing to do with what happens in a match...
    • Power creep on the other hand... Has a destructive domino affect.... Its even a math term for it... The Snowball Affect.

The math behind MM is comprised of

• 3 math theories
  • An affect, (the Snowball Affect).
  • Newtons 3 law of motion...

That is it...

Stats have nothing to do with what happens in a match... if you get a team of very good players vs a team of red stat players you think the red stat team will have a good chance to win eh?

"It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person" - Bill Murray

• Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
14 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

if you get a team of very good players vs a team of red stat players you think the red stat team will have a good chance to win eh?

I know based on math principles I set forth, concerning Random MM.

1. Its random MM meaning, if it happened in that match.. Based on the population in queue, its going to be hard to maintain those circumstances for very long
  2. Power creep and the snowball affect goes both ways...So be first to trigger it if you want to win.
  3. WR is the worse marker to determine a good or bad player in the current match... WR only is a reflection of what he has done in the past... Not what he is going to do in the present match... Not what his is going to do in future matches.
  4. Under newton's 3rd law, even "good" players fall..

That is way we play the match... One thing for sure, no match is a guaranteed loss or win just because of WR stat. 

Edited by Navalpride33

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I know based on math principles I set forth

1. Its random MM meaning, if it happened in that match.. Based on the population in queue, its going to be hard to maintain those circumstances for very long
  2. Power creep and the snowball affect goes both ways...So be first to trigger it if you want to win.
  3. WR is the worse marker to determine a good or bad player in the current match... WR only is a reflection of what he has done in the past... Not what he is going to do in the present match... Not what his is going to do in future matches.
  4. Under newton's 3rd law, even "good" players fall..

That is way we play the match... One thing for sure, no match is a guaranteed loss or win just because of WR. 

WR is the worse marker to determine a good or bad player in the current match... WR only is a reflection of what he has done in the past... Not what he is going to do in the present match... Not what his is going to do in future matches.

Yes thats why the colours of player are based on PR not winrate

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
14 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

Yes thats why the colours of player are based on PR not winrate 

Even worse, that is a 3rd party classification (just like MMM)... It has nothing to do with WOWS.

The methodology behind the color classification from a 3rd party is only an opinion. Not based on anything that happens in game. Nothing based on the current match..

An opinion that is different from WOWS... In other words, according to WOWS, the best players in the game are the ones who partake in tournaments like the KOTS..

Clans who partake in the KOTS, are at a different level then the rest of us...

The PR rating and its color has no basis in fact. Its an opinion, a 3rd party opinion..

Edited by Navalpride33

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
20 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Even worse, that is a 3rd party classification (just like MMM)... It has nothing to do with WOWS.

The methodology behind the color classification from a 3rd party is only an opinion. Not based on anything that happens in game. Nothing based on the current match..

An opinion that is different from WOWS... In other words, according to WOWS, the best players in the game are the ones who partake in tournaments like the KOTS..

Clans who partake in the KOTS, are at a different level then the rest of us...

The PR rating and its color has no basis in fact. Its an opinion, a 3rd party opinion..

Lol at this point i don't think your driveway quite meets your house and should listen to Bill Murray.

Edited by EraserNZ1

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
6 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

Lol at this point i don't think your driveway quite meets your house and should listen to Bill Murray.

Do you normally use comedy to back away from a point of discussion? I'll leave you to your own and consoling any conflicted feelings, you may have atm...

Edited by Navalpride33

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Do you normally use comedy to back away from a point of discussion? I'll leave you to your own and consoling any conflicted feelings, you may have atm...

I just don't think there is a point of talking to someone who thinks stats can't tell you if a team has a better chance of winning or not i guess thats why there is so many red stat clans in the higher end leagues.

Edited by EraserNZ1

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
5 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

thinks stats can't tell you if a team has a better chance of winning o

I would refer you to post #18 point #2...

The team that executes its power creep adv AND triggers the snow ball affect first... Will win..(especially at high tiers).

Edited by Navalpride33

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would refer you to post #18 point #2...

The team that executes its power cree adv AND triggers the snow ball affect first... Will win..

lol every one has access to the same ships.... OP ship or not a BAD Player will do bad. going to bed have fun...

Edited by EraserNZ1