Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Anij

Torpedo FPS drop

9 comments in this topic

Members
519 posts
20,364 battles

Every time someone launches torpedoes the frame rate drops from 82 which is my normal to 45-55..this started since the last patch. The torpedoes are not rendering properly. The wakes are all staggered...anyone  else?

[WORX]
Members
12,418 posts
19,672 battles
3 minutes ago, Anij said:

Every time someone launches torpedoes the frame rate drops from 82 which is my normal to 45-55..this started since the last patch. The torpedoes are not rendering properly. The wakes are all staggered...anyone  else?

Try to screen shot it and post it to the Bugs forum page for the patch...

That is all I can say if its indeed a bug... I would check your system just in case.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,061 posts
13 minutes ago, Anij said:

Torpedoes have always been a problem in the game. There was a scenario once that really started stuttering when the bots sent out waves of torpedoes. if the problem persists after you've updated your video drivers, you might try lowering the antialiasing setting a notch. 

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles

Huh, apparently I'm not the only one with this issue. I've actually been avoiding playing DDs lately because the frame rate is so bad when launching or firing torpedoes. 

Members
519 posts
20,364 battles
51 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

What are the hardware specs?

AMD 3.2 =ghz-6 core/

GTX 1060-ti-6gb/

500gb/

16GB

antialiasing is set to HIGH

[WTAF]
Members
233 posts
8,886 battles
1 hour ago, Anij said:

See this comment that I posted yesterday: 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,061 posts
2 minutes ago, Anij said:

GTX 1060-ti-6gb/

That video card should play the game on the highest settings with no issues. Have you updated the video drivers lately? Also, you might be right -- it may be something on WG's end that's causing the video issue.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,730 posts
4,263 battles
1 hour ago, Anij said:

AMD 3.2 =ghz-6 core/

GTX 1060-ti-6gb/

500gb/

16GB

antialiasing is set to HIGH

Hmm, torps do cause problems, but shouldn't with that setup. Sometimes it's serverside, but that usually occurs in meme matches where everyone is playing RTS CVs, Shimas, or even Kitakamis (24 times 40 will definitely make the server chug). But unless you get caught in the middle of a real torp soup you shouldn't have a problem in randoms with the server. I would check over your system. Drivers, good install, etc. Maybe hop in a training room against a bunch of DDs and see if it replicates. If nothing, send in a ticket and see what WG says. Nvidia released new drivers recently, so that may be causing a bit of an issue.

Sign in to follow this