You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Masher_of_Potatoes

Just Another CV Thread - Thanks WG it was fun.

19 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
10,771 battles

I've played and enjoyed (mostly) this game for many years, 5 or more. Many dollars and hours of my time shooting pixel boats. I pay for premium, or at least I did until today. I know this post is a broken record, and the dead horse has been kicked into glue, but I still need to be heard.

Like many, I've seen a myriad of changes come and go, some good, some not so good. Carriers seemed to add an interesting, if not overpowered, dynamic. For a time at least there used to be some respite with decent AA. For whatever reason, WG, you took that counter-play away?

Yesterday, I was sailing in the Kremlin only to be singled out by the enemy Richthofen which was able to land 55k damage in 3 strikes despite my feeble attempts to dodge. What was interesting is our Midway put fighter planes near me to support me which did little good. Like a good team should, while I was spotted, I ended up focused and sunk shortly after.

Frustrated, I contemplated writing this post, but thought no, I'm just upset and I realize the Kremlin could be considered OP.

Today, I in the minotaur, and again, a Richthofen on the opposing side vs. our Midway, was able to strike me for 15k (!!) with rockets despite my being in smoke and AA blazing which set off a chain of events that led to my sinking. This is the TSN turning point in this game for me. Until the broken mechanic that carriers present is again fixed, I can't play this game anymore. 90 days of premium time is now going to go to waste.

I'm okay with being sunk if I am being a potato (this happens often despite my moniker), I am okay with being sunk when the enemy team or any enemy player out plays my team or me (this too happens often). What I am not okay with is when there is simply no counter play for a particular game mechanic.

WG carriers are a BROKEN mechanic. The newest carriers are BROKEN. Where is the counter play? This kind of imbalance has stolen the one thing from this game I valued the most, fun. It isn't fun to ALMOST ALWAYS end up in a game with a carrier in a DD, unless its a Halland / Smaland, and even then. 

Cruisers USED to have the ability to counter-play CVs. Cruisers now seem strikable at will.

The same issues that plagued the first iteration of RTS style carriers has bled into the 2nd generation where now the only limiting factor to the power of a carrier is that they can only fly one set of planes at a time. A carrier can perma-spot, strike at will with MINIMAL risk to itself. While this is inline with the power of carriers in real life, this is a game. 

I don't care what the spreadsheets say, I only care that any given ship I play allows me to be competitive, support my team and have some fun doing it. Now it seems that the majority of the 27 T10 ships in my port ability to do that depends largely on whether or not RNG puts me in a match with an OP CV or a CV captained by an unicum player and YES I realize the voice of one seemingly disgruntled (more aptly describable as disappointed) player means little, I think you should know, I am no longer enjoying your game (and that should mean something).

Good bye for now WG. Happy captaining to the everyone else o7.

• Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[KOBK]
Members
388 posts
4,926 battles

Im sorry to be the guy to tell you, but if you played more than 5 years and didnt know how to counter a cv, you were a bad player. Have a nice time in the new game you are playing

Edited by Nabucodonosor21
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 8

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
49 minutes ago, Masher_of_Potatoes said:

I've played and enjoyed (mostly) this game for many years, 5 or more. Many dollars and hours of my time shooting pixel boats. I pay for premium, or at least I did until today. I know this post is a broken record, and the dead horse has been kicked into glue, but I still need to be heard.

Like many, I've seen a myriad of changes come and go, some good, some not so good. Carriers seemed to add an interesting, if not overpowered, dynamic. For a time at least there used to be some respite with decent AA. For whatever reason, WG, you took that counter-play away?

Yesterday, I was sailing in the Kremlin only to be singled out by the enemy Richthofen which was able to land 55k damage in 3 strikes despite my feeble attempts to dodge. What was interesting is our Midway put fighter planes near me to support me which did little good. Like a good team should, while I was spotted, I ended up focused and sunk shortly after.

Frustrated, I contemplated writing this post, but thought no, I'm just upset and I realize the Kremlin could be considered OP.

Today, I in the minotaur, and again, a Richthofen on the opposing side vs. our Midway, was able to strike me for 15k (!!) with rockets despite my being in smoke and AA blazing which set off a chain of events that led to my sinking. This is the TSN turning point in this game for me. Until the broken mechanic that carriers present is again fixed, I can't play this game anymore. 90 days of premium time is now going to go to waste.

I'm okay with being sunk if I am being a potato (this happens often despite my moniker), I am okay with being sunk when the enemy team or any enemy player out plays my team or me (this too happens often). What I am not okay with is when there is simply no counter play for a particular game mechanic.

WG carriers are a BROKEN mechanic. The newest carriers are BROKEN. Where is the counter play? This kind of imbalance has stolen the one thing from this game I valued the most, fun. It isn't fun to ALMOST ALWAYS end up in a game with a carrier in a DD, unless its a Halland / Smaland, and even then. 

Cruisers USED to have the ability to counter-play CVs. Cruisers now seem strikable at will.

The same issues that plagued the first iteration of RTS style carriers has bled into the 2nd generation where now the only limiting factor to the power of a carrier is that they can only fly one set of planes at a time. A carrier can perma-spot, strike at will with MINIMAL risk to itself. While this is inline with the power of carriers in real life, this is a game. 

I don't care what the spreadsheets say, I only care that any given ship I play allows me to be competitive, support my team and have some fun doing it. Now it seems that the majority of the 27 T10 ships in my port ability to do that depends largely on whether or not RNG puts me in a match with an OP CV or a CV captained by an unicum player and YES I realize the voice of one seemingly disgruntled (more aptly describable as disappointed) player means little, I think you should know, I am no longer enjoying your game (and that should mean something).

Good bye for now WG. Happy captaining to the everyone else o7.

For now just try to adopt..Nothing we could do about it they are OP and has no counter for now so try to enjoy what's good left into the game since u have 10k battles already..or might try and play for fun..just get a group guys div up and join the Hunt o7.

• Thanks 1

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,490 battles

spreadsheet says they are fine , stop complaining:Smile_child:...checkout my videos...I play DD and CVs , love both....tears feed the Kraken ....:crab:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts

If you were in smoke.... AND firing your AA guns... then that explains why you were spotted and sunk....

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,051 posts
28,782 battles
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

If you were in smoke.... AND firing your AA guns... then that explains why you were spotted and sunk....

Actually, last I knew, firing your AA guns while in smoke would NOT reveal your location.  Only firing your main guns and perhaps your secondaries.

[WPORT]
Members
7,818 posts
12,868 battles
3 hours ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Im sorry to be the guy to tell you, but if you played more than 5 years and didnt know how to counter a cv, you were a bad player. Have a nice time in the new game you are playing

+1

And...
da4c37j-2bdfcefe-94ed-4561-93b0-0d3ae20c

• Funny 2

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,490 battles
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

stop speaking logic kiwi , that is not aloud here , lol

Members
8 posts
10,771 battles
5 hours ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

No sorry, not it. In 5 years there is now a CV most of my ships cannot counter. Whether or not I am bad player depends on the day. I am curious though, are YOU a good player and how are YOU countering a Richthofen or an FDR?

5 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

That was so dramatic! Sadly, if you are looking for an award, you are in the wrong place

Change is all I am after, though an award or friendly replies are FAR more likely no? :)

5 hours ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

For now just try to adopt..Nothing we could do about it they are OP and has no counter for now so try to enjoy what's good left into the game since u have 10k battles already..or might try and play for fun..just get a group guys div up and join the Hunt o7.

Thanks for that, perhaps you are right. 

3 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

No, other factors were why I was sunk, what was a deal breaker is the 15k damage by rockets that I could NOT counter. 

3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Can I have your stuff?

No.

2 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

I play battleships, cruisers and DDs, am terrible at CVs. I don't care to see CVs go, I would however like to see some counter play similar to the mechanics of EVERY OTHER SHIP class which seems logical to me.

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,490 battles
13 minutes ago, Masher_of_Potatoes said:

No sorry, not it. In 5 years there is now a CV most of my ships cannot counter. Whether or not I am bad player depends on the day. I am curious though, are YOU a good player and how are YOU countering a Richthofen or an FDR?

Change is all I am after, though an award or friendly replies are FAR more likely no? :)

Thanks for that, perhaps you are right. 

No, other factors were why I was sunk, what was a deal breaker is the 15k damage by rockets that I could NOT counter. 

No.

I play battleships, cruisers and DDs, am terrible at CVs. I don't care to see CVs go, I would however like to see some counter play similar to the mechanics of EVERY OTHER SHIP class which seems logical to me.

The last call years I've mainly played and posted videos on CVS and mostly DDs and how to avoid cv damage in dds using speed,concealment, angling smoke etc* ...My channel is Meta_man2002 check them out if you get time......I play a ton of French dds also so no smoke usually...

• Thanks 1

[KOBK]
Members
388 posts
4,926 battles
2 hours ago, Masher_of_Potatoes said:

Why should i tell you? you leave the game, that information has no use for you anymore. What are you playing now?

• Meh 3

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts
10 hours ago, Crucis said:

Actually, last I knew, firing your AA guns while in smoke would NOT reveal your location.  Only firing your main guns and perhaps your secondaries.

Well, let me put it this way.... pressing certain keys turns OFF your AA.... for that very reason, so you cannot be detected....

its WHY you can turn them off...

The CV player just has to watch the AA trails (tracer rounds) and they can figure out where you are...

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts
9 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

I'm sorry.... I did not know that. (sniff)

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,490 battles
13 hours ago, Crucis said:

Hey crucis , you know I play both CV and DD . It doesn't tell exact location but I can see your AA and there is a a cpl tricks I use to know where your at in 5he smoke..If you watch me fire my rockets into smoke I hit them more often than not....not willing to tell all the secrets but yes I can pin point close to your exact location in the smoke with AA on....

[-K-]
Members
96 posts
13,980 battles

The CV presence in the game means your battles will likely have one of them in any given click of the battle button.  This has lessened the number of times I hit battle in a month simply due to the fact I do not enjoy my whole ports worth of ships when playing against them.  The saving grace to having this fun is my clan.  We will bring some rather interesting divisions revolved around adding counter play to the CV as in the ship since playing against the airplanes is not nearly as productive.  

• Thanks 1

Members
8 posts
10,771 battles
17 hours ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Why should i tell you? you leave the game, that information has no use for you anymore. What are you playing now?

You don't though if you're questioning someone's ability, it might come up. I'll probably stick around now that I've said my piece.

I also play PUBG though WOWS is a nice change of pace.

20 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

The last call years I've mainly played and posted videos on CVS and mostly DDs and how to avoid cv damage in dds using speed,concealment, angling smoke etc* ...My channel is Meta_man2002 check them out if you get time......I play a ton of French dds also so no smoke usually...

I'll check out the videos thx.

• Cool 1