You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Really like the Fiji

19 comments in this topic

Members
5,613 posts
10,876 battles

but the WR is abysmal (33% - up from 18% last night) due to teams like this

I was the top XP earner on the team and I almost capped the  only cap we even tried to take.  Had to kill the CV with torps as he was behind and island in the middle cap.

World of Warships - Fiji - 89806.PNG

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Members
3,967 posts
14,408 battles

I had a similiar issue with the Fiji, I have the same issue with the Smol; when in the smoke configuration.

Without me mitigating dmg, my teams drop like flies; and then the smoke becomes quite useless.

Fun/good bote though.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,021 posts
9,919 battles
46 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I was the top XP earner on the team and I almost capped the  only cap we even tried to take.  Had to kill the CV with torps as he was behind and island in the middle cap.

You've got 13 games. The difference between the WR you have, and your overall WR, is literally 2 games.

With that low a battle count, it might not be your teams that are the problem, it could be that your neighbours didn't sleep well last night, and affected your neighbourhood's aura.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

The Fiji is awesome, one of my favorite ships, just have to get used to using the AP effectively against angled ships and it's a good from there. :Smile_izmena:

Members
5,613 posts
10,876 battles
46 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You've got 13 games. The difference between the WR you have, and your overall WR, is literally 2 games.

With that low a battle count, it might not be your teams that are the problem, it could be that your neighbours didn't sleep well last night, and affected your neighbourhood's aura.

I fully understand that - does not make it any less frustrating.   :)   Especially if I am #1 or #2 XP earner on the team and that happens a good bit so far in this ship.  The screen shot really proves the point - my damage out put was not super - which tells you how little the other team members got.

Edited by CylonRed

[WOLFG]
Members
32,021 posts
9,919 battles
14 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I fully understand that - does not make it any less frustrating.   :)   Especially if I am #1 or #2 XP earner on the team and that happens a good bit so far in this ship.  The screen shot really proves the point - my damage out put was not super - which tells you how little the other team members got.

I know where you're coming from, I'm 16 games into Lightning, and I've won 5 lol. I'm not getting a lot of damage, but placing high with caps.

It's especially frustrating when I did ok with Jervis, and this is the same boat, but better in every way. I'm sure it will fix itself though, I can remember a lot of "you have to be f'ing kidding me!!" moments in those 16 games.

Edited by Skpstr

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

The Fiji is a great ship - I have over 1000 battles in her alone - and it’s strength is supporting DDs near caps and killing enemy DDs. It’s heal gives it the chance to take some risks that other T7 cruisers simply cannot take. The torps deter enemy rushing your smoke. But it’s important to plan ahead - whilst farming from your smoke, you should be orienting your ship to start running - assume torps or radar means you’ll need to get on the move. And pay attention to minimap - don’t be afraid to move to the centre or weak flank to engage in a defensive action; UK CLs work best when the enemy is coming towards you, and they don’t do well when you have to chase the enemy. 

Good luck!

• Cool 1

Members
5,613 posts
10,876 battles

Our CV, in mid, 2 Brothers map - we naturally lost, wth.  I was top XP earner - again.  43% WR today - 3 for 7  EDIT 3 for 9 - 33%.

Number1.PNG

Edited by CylonRed

Members
295 posts
10,165 battles

I love my Fiji, when I started WOW, the Brit cruiser line was my first Tech Tree grind.

Excels at ruining a red DDs day,  supporting green DDs, bringing down steel rain on cruisers and BBs alike.

Get the rudder shift mod, and she turns almost like a destroyer- very hard to hit with surface or air launched torpedoes.

Has to be played somewhat carefully, it's called a LIGHT Cruiser for a reason!

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,453 posts
22,679 battles

Read @UltimateNewbiereply.

Fiji should net 3 kills and a possible assisting cap..

You can absolutely wreck destroyers. 

Light cruisers melt vs your AP unles angled.

Battleships eat upper belt pens for days.

You have to be  in position to keep your guns singing.

Last time my bb faced a Fiji, I lost 76k health....

If you learn to Fiji, your experience in any light cruiser will be more pleasant. 

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
29 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Probably going to get nerfed someday, no ship with such positive esteem can escape the nerf gulag.

Agreed. At least, a non-Soviet ship. 

3 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

If you learn to Fiji, your experience in any light cruiser will be more pleasant. 

Thanks!

Members
5,613 posts
10,876 battles
17 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Except when too many on the team throw themselves at the reds and expect not to die - but do or they ignore the caps even if we have a ship advantage.  As noted in one of the screenshots - 4 players with less than 400 base XP with 2 of those at less than 200 base XP.   When I have about half the games with being top 3 base XP earner...  Yea - I can play it better but many times the past 2 days - the team just wants to lose soooooo bad.   It is a shame when I really like the ship.

Members
3,967 posts
14,408 battles
4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Except when too many on the team throw themselves at the reds and expect not to die - but do or they ignore the caps even if we have a ship advantage.  As noted in one of the screenshots - 4 players with less than 400 base XP with 2 of those at less than 200 base XP.   When I have about half the games with being top 3 base XP earner...  Yea - I can play it better but many times the past 2 days - the team just wants to lose soooooo bad.   It is a shame when I really like the ship.

Smoke ships excel in team play. Probably want to try to div with 2 other competent players (1 being a dedicated spotter).

edit: In a radar config, same thing. Knowing your team will either competently spot (smoke) or competently position to fire on radared ships.

Edited by Rollingonit

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,453 posts
22,679 battles
17 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Agreed. At least, a non-Soviet ship. 

Thanks!

Your welcome 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,453 posts
22,679 battles
17 hours ago, CylonRed said:

I have quite a few ships that I love and play good, but are simply cursed because I can't carry hard enough. Gearing is one of them. My highest damage best non cv dd for cb.... sigh

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,611 posts
25,666 battles

Fiji is a wonderful CL and some have gone on to say that she is the The Highlight of the RNCL Line and not Tier X Minotaur.

Stealthy

Smoke

Repair Party (access to this for Cruisers below Tier IX is rare)

Some torpedoes

Agile

RNCL AP - Still works the same, while the HE CLs of her tier like Helena, Atlanta suffered terribly from the IFHE / Armor Update.

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
39 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Stealthy

At 10.1 km, I wouldn’t say Fiji is stealthy, that would be Leander and Edinburgh. 9/9.1 km gives you a lot more options.