Sign in to follow this  
Iron_Salvo921

Duke Of York Arctic Camo

7 comments in this topic

[UTWE]
Members
394 posts
7,457 battles

I love the arctic camo on DoY but it looks out of place on tropical island maps. Sorry if this is a really dumb question in the wrong forum section but I'm quite clueless in this regard. I was wondering if there's a mod or something else that can turn the Arctic Camo on for some maps that I choose and turn it off and put on another camo for other maps. For example I select Islands Of Ice to have it on, and Hotspot to have it off. I doubt there is and I suspect this is a dumb question just thought I'd check. 

[O_O]
Members
6,949 posts
16,796 battles

You can in port, which will not help you once you find out what map you are getting.  You cannot select camo based on specific maps.

In your port screen, on the bottom right just above your carousel, is a little gear icon.  If you click that icon, you will bring up a menu that will allow you to 'disable' certain types of camo.  You can still select them and use them, but they will appear as regular premium camo would.

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
1 hour ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I love the arctic camo on DoY but it looks out of place on tropical island maps. Sorry if this is a really dumb question in the wrong forum section but I'm quite clueless in this regard. I was wondering if there's a mod or something else that can turn the Arctic Camo on for some maps that I choose and turn it off and put on another camo for other maps. For example I select Islands Of Ice to have it on, and Hotspot to have it off. I doubt there is and I suspect this is a dumb question just thought I'd check. 

yeah man Duke of York camo looks beautiful

[PVE]
Members
7,561 posts
23,552 battles
2 hours ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

As you have no idea which map your next (or any) battle is going to be on that would require a map listing for each ship where you'd need to make those selections pre battle & the client needing to keep track of all ships of every player in each battle...for just a cosmetic enhancement.

Don't think that's gonna happen... that's a little too much micro managing wasted on the game client side of things.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
3 hours ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I love the arctic camo on DoY but it looks out of place on tropical island maps.

Just look at it this way; when you run that ship with that camo on those maps, you're guaranteed to be the chillest guy in the game; and how often does that happen?

[SALVO]
Members
26,043 posts
28,736 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

You cannot select camo based on specific maps.

Agreed, but it would be nice if you could do so, like can be done in WoT, where you can select different camos for regular, desert, or arctic maps.  Obviously, this would be strictly a quality of life thing and hardly something that's critical.  But it would be cool (pardon the pun, regarding the DoY arctic camo).

[O_O]
Members
6,949 posts
16,796 battles
26 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Agreed, but it would be nice if you could do so, like can be done in WoT, where you can select different camos for regular, desert, or arctic maps.  Obviously, this would be strictly a quality of life thing and hardly something that's critical.  But it would be cool (pardon the pun, regarding the DoY arctic camo).

Absolutely...no arguments!

And, the current camo filter for "Special - Decorative" ships needs some tweaking.  Some that qualify I absolutely don't want to see (several), but others (Iron Cross, several others) I DO want to see!  As it is I have to try to remember which I care to look at, change the filter, play my game, and then switch it back.  I'm still tickled WG gave me the option...now I just need some 'adjustments'!

Edited by desmo_2

Sign in to follow this