You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmNimitz41

How about some Nation vs Nation battles?

13 comments in this topic

[GONE]
Members
264 posts
7,190 battles

Can we have some Nation vs Nation battles? Like US vs IJN? Britain vs Germany? Tiers 6-8? And maybe T3-5 to encourage the newer players?  Maybe with just one Base in the middle of the map without a lot of islands? (OCEAN would be ideal!) Maybe toss in a hospital ship that has to be protected? Maybe allow one ship from a allied nation? 
How about it, Wow?

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,005 posts
5,814 battles

Poor idea, because the ships, and more specifically the 'national flavours' in WoWs are not balanced around nation vs nation.

in the USN vs IJN example you mention yourself, one side has all the radar. That alone should be enough of a clue that it wouldn't work, and god help whatever nation has to fight the Soviet fantasy wet dream navy.

[SALVO]
Members
26,047 posts
28,764 battles
47 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Poor idea, because the ships, and more specifically the 'national flavours' in WoWs are not balanced around nation vs nation.

in the USN vs IJN example you mention yourself, one side has all the radar. That alone should be enough of a clue that it wouldn't work, and god help whatever nation has to fight the Soviet fantasy wet dream navy.

^This, exactly.

@AdmNimitz41

This also makes an Axis vs Allies mode nearly impossible.

[PVE]
Members
7,570 posts
23,591 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

^This, exactly.

@AdmNimitz41

This also makes an Axis vs Allies mode nearly impossible.

Not necessarily...RU can join the Axis side to balance out the radar.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,556 battles
3 hours ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Can we have some Nation vs Nation battles?

Before they introduced the new lines, it was nothing but the USN and the IJN. There were rare battles where one side was all, or mostly, USN and the other all, or mostly, IJN. It gets boring real quick, trust me; the limited number of ships sort of narrows what you can and can't do, and the battles become very predictable.

[SALVO]
Members
26,047 posts
28,764 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Khaos, having the Russians joining the Axis side  seems very ahistorical.  A more historical alternative would have been to let the Germans have the Russians' radar and the Russians have the German hydro.

Frankly, it doesn't seem to me like the Devs ever considered the possibility that there might be a desire for an Axis vs Allies mode in WoWS in the early days of designing the game.

[PVE]
Members
7,570 posts
23,591 battles
On 11/22/2020 at 4:18 PM, Crucis said:

Khaos, having the Russians joining the Axis side  seems very ahistorical.

@Crucis...I added an edit.

Wait...are you kidding?

Russia had a non aggression pact for 2 years w/Germany (Aug. '39 - Jun. '41)...but...as opposed to just not being aggro towards each other (which is all a non aggro pact implies) they both flank attacked Poland at the same time. 

Despite it only being an officially written non aggro pact...once you start attacking the same countries together that turns you into actual allies.

Russia started WWII as Germany's allies...until Germany attacked them breaking the so called just pact (aka...actual alliance).

Nothing ahistorical about my suggestion at all...maybe not in the T9-10 era but definitely after the lower tier areas & definitely during T8 Bismarck's era.

Edit: Just to clarify...I don't blame today's Russians for what the WWII Russians did.

& Stalin knew he was just stalling the inevitable...Hitler didn't hide the fact he was anti communist before the pact.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,821 battles
On 11/22/2020 at 5:45 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Makes no sense. Further the pact they signed was a non aggression pact with concessions to allow Russia and Germany to split Central Europe like it was prior to WW1, that was always the goal. ever played Civilization? Non aggression treatys are useful for doing similar activities in that game. All it does is remove a potential enemy from the board and allow your country to do what you want and thats exactly what Germany and Russia used it for.

Suggesting they were allies? Certainly they were not. This can be seen when Russia tried to take the territories that the treaty said they could have.

To have Russia on the side of the Gerrmans would make the game mode anything but "Axis and Allies"

I know this game isnt truly historical or realistic, but its also -not- in an alternate universe and a mode with Axis and Allies as the name would have to be exactly that or people would be upset(I know i would be.).

Perhaps however their could be an incentive to play Axis ships with such a massive balance issue.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

[PVE]
Members
7,570 posts
23,591 battles
7 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Makes no sense.

US/RU/UK(Plus the other EU countries) VS Germany/Japan/Italy.

Otherwise it would literally -not- be "Axis VS Allies."

I know this game isnt truly historical or realistic, but its also -not- in an alternate universe and a mode with Axis and Allies as the name would have to be exactly that or people would riot. Perhaps however their could be an incentive to play Axis ships with such a massive balance issue.

@Princess_Daystar...I added an edit. I'm going to add it to post #8 also :-)

I would direct you to my post (#8) right above yours...Russia spent the 1st 2 years of the war as Germany's ally.

Just because Hitler eventually betrayed & attacked them & Russia ended up on the Allied side...it doesn't cancel out the fact that Russia was an Axis power at one time.

7 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Makes no sense. Further the pact they signed was a non aggression pact with concessions to allow Russia and Germany to split Central Europe like it was prior to WW1, that was always the goal. Suggesting they were allies? Certainly they were not. This can be seen when Russia tried to take the territories that the treaty said they could have.

To have Russia on the side of the germans would make the game mode anything but "Axis and Allies"

I know this game isnt truly historical or realistic, but its also -not- in an alternate universe and a mode with Axis and Allies as the name would have to be exactly that or people would be upset. Perhaps however their could be an incentive to play Axis ships with such a massive balance issue.

& 2 countries (Germany & Russia) simultaneously attacking another country (Poland) makes them allies...no matter what kind of terminology (pact) they tried to hide it behind on a piece of paper.

Edit: Just to clarify...I don't blame today's Russians for what the WWII Russians did. 

& Stalin knew he was just stalling the inevitable...Hitler didn't hide the fact he was anti communist before the pact.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[FEB-M]
Members
5 posts
1,169 battles

I really would love to see this idea as AXIS+ vs ALLIES+ as "Reduced Historic Battles", as PvE "Operation of Today" mode.

This solves entirely the Radar problem, and the game server can even create uneven teams, adding more stronger or weaker bots, to balance out. Just like it is now for Operation of the week, more but weaker bots. 

Next. just add some historic background text, describing condition leading to real WW1/WW2 naval battles, and play Axis vs Allies, or JPxUS, or UKxKM ...  New maps would be welcome, but they are not required, we already have maps representing all regions where naval battles occurred. 

Refer to 

Axis+    DE JP  IT + FR EU
Allies+  US UK RU + other nation except (DE,JP,IT)
For balancing purposes, FR/EU/AS can integrate either team, as long as all ships in that "nation" goes to same team.

Edited by Allied_Alloh
adding reference to related post

[GONE]
Members
264 posts
7,190 battles
On 11/22/2020 at 3:19 PM, Super_Dreadnought said:

Balanced? I've been in SO many blow out games that I doubt that the "matchmaker" knows how to take that into consideration. Let us set up our division & we'll work it out for ourselves. The basic idea of Nation vs Nation shouldn't be all that hard to implement, no? 

As for Allied vs Axis, that's a separate idea & I'd play that, too.