You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gbgentry

Do we have to wait until Black Friday for sales?

24 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
10,888 posts
18,786 battles

Well, Black Friday generally comes after Turkey Thursday. Less than a week at any rate.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,098 posts
19 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Well, Black Friday generally comes after Turkey Thursday. Less than a week at any rate.

While technically true, try to find a store that isn’t already having a Black Friday Sale...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[ARC]
Members
1,066 posts
11,415 battles
2 minutes ago, gbgentry said:

While technically true, try to find a store that isn’t already having a Black Friday Sale...

While you are technically correct, WG seems to faithfully release their Black Friday content on, well, Black Friday. BF is this coming Friday, so lees than a week to go, as @Sovereigndawg said.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,888 posts
18,786 battles
32 minutes ago, gbgentry said:

Ya too much of a good thing is just that, Black Friday is the biggest shopping day because of the people and what day it is. It's just the best day to shop and sellers caught on and ruined it.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,610 posts
25,666 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Ya too much of a good thing is just that, Black Friday is the biggest shopping day because of the people and what day it is. It's just the best day to shop and sellers caught on.

Seeing some of the stupidity by people over the years during Black Friday made it a good time to avoid shopping in person.  Searches for "Black Friday Brawls" is a nice indicator of where we are as a society in the United States.  We look like a third world country.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,263 posts
6,118 battles
11 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Seeing some of the stupidity by people over the years during Black Friday made it a good time to avoid shopping in person.  Searches for "Black Friday Brawls" is a nice indicator of where we are as a society in the United States.  We look like a third world country.

Yeah, I never set foot in a store on Black Friday in my entire life for that very reason.  All my Black Friday purchases have been done online, which always made Cyber Monday rundundent in my eyes.

Edited by Sventex

[PVE]
Members
7,634 posts
23,635 battles
1 hour ago, gbgentry said:

Nobody is personally needing to go into WG offices for this sale so social distancing (the only reason others are spreading out their sales to lessen the need to all bunch up on 1 day) need not apply.

Gotta ask why you're acting like BF has always been this way (or that you don't understand the lack of necessity when buying virtual goods online)...when you know it never has been before.

Edit: Boredom is a perfectly acceptable reply as to why though.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[GOCRY]
Members
695 posts
26 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Nobody is personally needing to go into WG offices for this sale so social distancing (the only reason others are spreading out their sales to lessen the need to all bunch up on 1 day) need not apply.

Social distancing is NOT the only reason for spreading out the sale, and we’ve seen stores do it long before COVID existed.  I’m sure a lot of the early sales are simply an attempt to get the most money out of people’s shopping budget before they spend it on another sale.  Since WOWS doesn’t really have any direct competition, it might explain why they don’t feel the need to have an early sale.  Or maybe the sale will start tomorrow.  Who knows?

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,634 posts
23,635 battles
57 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Christmas usually give the better sales.

& After Xmas gives the best...that's why we celebrate little Xmas instead of regular Xmas.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,094 posts
22,648 battles
1 hour ago, SeaGladius said:

Social distancing is NOT the only reason for spreading out the sale, and we’ve seen stores do it long before COVID existed.  I’m sure a lot of the early sales are simply an attempt to get the most money out of people’s shopping budget before they spend it on another sale.  Since WOWS doesn’t really have any direct competition, it might explain why they don’t feel the need to have an early sale.  Or maybe the sale will start tomorrow.  Who knows?

True.  To put it in WoWs terminology.  Thanksgiving has been powercrept HARD by Black Friday 'sales' given by overly greedy retail corporations (and I work for one of the worst).

[PHD]
Members
264 posts
8,314 battles
3 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You forgot the Football part of the equation. It is Turkey and Football Day.

[PVE]
Members
10,888 posts
18,786 battles
19 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

You forgot the Football part of the equation. It is Turkey and Football Day.

image.png.25e5e79849ebf292a6afea3f09653a2c.png

image.thumb.png.44f7d87c75fb4ae48fc7f6e68c975cfe.png

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,308 posts

I specifically do not go to shopping problems created by black friday in retail in person. That is one of my life rules.

What I DO do is buy online very carefully. The items in question has been picked out and decided on in some cases years in advance. If the sale is possible on the internet from home then all is well. It will be at my door next day.

I DO NOT at any reason go out on black friday physically to any store. What I run into is mobs of semi crazed humans seeking to buy crapthat will still be on the shelf for sale next week. Nothing has changed in the 55+ years I have been on this earth. A sale is a sale.

The last time I did go to a store during a sale like black friday? That would be back in the 80's I made the mistake of going to a Kmart near a mall for oil by the quart that was needed. This was during the Cabbage Patch Doll Episode that winter. I physically defended myself against three going into the store, buying the blessed oil and leaving the store. All of whom thought I was some how trying to glitch them from actually getting possession of the blessed cabbage patch doll. I told them all I needed was [edited]engine oil, scram. And that was enough to trigger them into violence. So we had a go.

Tell me again why I should worry about retail sales that will cause nothing but problems in real life that we all learn about int he news later that evening?

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
745 posts
10,088 battles
8 hours ago, gbgentry said:

Pretty funny, and true.  And because every store is having some sort of Black Friday sale and have been for the last couple weeks or so, it's taken some of the anticipation/energy away in my view.   Plus the current Black Friday sales aren't anything more than the usual weekly sales.  There's not been anything amazing or enticing that I've seen yet.   

And honestly, I'm starting to reach that stage where a sale doesn't mean much to me unless it has something I really want because I've enough "stuff".  

For World of Warships Black Friday 2020 ships, I've already got the JB (via coal) and Cossack (via mission) so really I'm only looking at the Kaga B as a remote possibility because I've been lacking a CV of a tier 6 or higher for missions. And not sure what the 40% discount is about that I saw in this article:  https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warships/black-friday-2020

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Just quietly, it’s not the scramble on Black Friday that is having that effect. 

Members
1,408 posts
20,422 battles

Imagine being so eager to hand over money. Can't wait a week?

[REVY]
Members
8,263 posts
6,118 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Imagine being so eager to hand over money. Can't wait a week?

/sarcasm Someone eager to acquire something?  How unimaginable!

[WMD]
Members
1,880 posts
10,460 battles

Up in Canada Boxing Day was always the big sale day, and over the years it evolved into "Boxing Week", which now has turned into "pre-Boxing Week" sales....

[4HIM]
Members
3,245 posts
14,658 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

203txn.jpg

Members
485 posts
2,878 battles

Came here to ask the same question - I get that the actual sale might wait until Friday, but I'm surprised that there hasn't been more information on the scope of things. Discounts on ships? Doubloons? Or just new gamble boxes?

[BB35]
Members
559 posts
4,618 battles

Black Friday for is range day. I take a bunch of my guns to range and have some turning money into noise. 

I will login early, and purchase a bunch of containers.