You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sammy_Small

Weekend Naval Battles / Can It Something Other Than Damage ?

5 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
478 posts
16,446 battles

Dear WG Developers in the name what ever still  holly  profitable would you please consider NOT using damage as a "metric" for "Naval Battles".

It sucks the fun out of the game, especially on the weekend, and turns it into a "damage farming simulator" where everyone just "blob" camps the spawn and ignores the objective.

If I wish to experience this type of game play, I would create a SEA server account instead, or play more CVs.

...Maybe I should go play 600 more battles in a Hosho...

• Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[GONE]
Members
265 posts
7,190 battles

So... you like BXP where somebody's mistake costs you half of your points?  At least now we get Damage & Ribbons two-thirds of the time, which both give us exactly what we've earned. I wouldn't be sorry to see BSXP disappear into the sunset. 

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,022 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

So... you like BXP where somebody's mistake costs you half of your points?  At least now we get Damage & Ribbons two-thirds of the time, which both give us exactly what we've earned. I wouldn't be sorry to see BSXP disappear into the sunset. 

So much this..prefer the damage/ribbon ones over BXP. went 10/10 this weekend, was nice.

• Cool 2

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
1 hour ago, Sammy_Small said:

It sucks the fun out of the game,

That's your opinion and like ones particular anatomy part everyone has one.

The requirements change month to month. Base XP, Ribbons Damage dealt. So this month it is Damage dealt and you have 10 tries to get 500 points. If you have the Tier 1 ships you can easily get 7 stars. That might not be a winner but 10 stars might be a loser as well.

In addition to my NA account clan I have 1 each Asia, RU and EU accounts single member clans. I am not interested in winning as much as I am getting oil and building the base for the benefits. 

Also it doesn't matter id one wins or loses a battle since if one scores or exceeds the requirement one gets a star.

Pray tell exactly what scoring method you would like to see used to earn a star? Potential damage, spotting ribbons, torpedo/flooding hits/damage, fire damage, rounds/torpedoes fired, planes damaged/killed, lowest damage received or dealt or distance traveled.

Take a few minutes and consider the absurdity of your request.

You could easily no participate but then you won't earn the clan 800 oil for the preparation phase.

By the way one only needs 1 star to win if the other clan doesn't bother at all. Also if you don't even try your clan still gets 300 oil for a loss.

Next complaint please!

[RLGN]
Members
15,516 posts
27,239 battles
1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

So much this..prefer the damage/ribbon ones over BXP. went 10/10 this weekend, was nice.

Yup.

In any case, it was just bxp for 3-4 weeks a couple of weeks ago. Odds are it’ll be ribbons next week, if it isn’t damage again.

In any case MkII; I prefer damage or ribbons anyway, because I can use a ship like Mikasa to get that; or some other ship that doesn’t really fit well with bxp.